program

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yes but I do not consider it salvific either way
What would your church brand you? (see: Irenaeus, Against Heresies 2:33:1–2; Tertullian, Apology 48; Lactantius, Epitome of the Divine Institutes 36 by way of... )

I only ask because you throw the heretic label out as though it was a strong judgment against others.

Maybe that should give you a bit more pause about suggesting hidden agenda's and trying to line up other people's orthodoxy.

Oh, and I came up in the Anglican church, had the Bishop doing the apostolic succession, studied the catechism. They aren't Presbyterians. :nono: Or is it that Presbyterians aren't Anglican. Well, why quibble. :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Rebirth.......

Rebirth.......

You believe in reincarnation but claim Catholicism.

All life, energy, consciousness and personality....re-embodies or transforms itself thru cycles of its own evolution :)

There is not too much difference between 'resurrection' and 'reincarnation' except for some variance of definition, technique and technology of transformation of souls.

My former thread on Reincarnation is no longer extant, but have been carrying on in this thread here on the subject.

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
All life, energy, consciousness and personality....re-embodies or transforms itself thru cycles of its own evolution :)

There is not too much difference between 'resurrection' and 'reincarnation' except for some variance of definition, technique and technology of transformation of souls.

My former thread on Reincarnation is no longer extant, but have been carrying on in this thread here on the subject.

pj

do you have any idea as to how many past lives you might have had?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Rebirth.......

Rebirth.......

Only vaguely in dreams and fleeting recollections, but am open to receive any significant impression if it arises. We have enough to live by faith in this life with its own unique challenges and situations, and may do well by what is afforded to us now. Past life memories or therapeutic work as done in past-life-regressions may help some having traumatic issues or unresolved incidences affecting their lives in the present.

I have had at least 2 counselors/ministers impressed that I had been a priest-monk-teacher (cleric) at various times, and this does appear to go along with my general religious interests, hobbies and studies.

As to the question of how many incarnations souls may go thru, it would vary according to who you ask, or the school proposing. I was going to continue more studies in Theosophy on this subject, as it gets really detailed in its descriptions, the entire process, metaphysically speaking. I'll have to see where we left off in our 'Reincarnation' thread, and take it back up,...as we were covering the views on this from all different religious traditions and cultures.

I would also note that I've found within the broad spectrum of Spritiualist philosophy that some schools or spirits (via communication with the spirit-world) do believe or teach that souls undergo some process of 'reincarnation' or soul 're-embodiment', while some schools reject the notion for the most part, or that such things are left untreated or unexplained, the soul being assumed to have only gone thru one physical incarnation from which on out it progresses further into the spirit-world. There's a broad field of views on the subject, with some new innovations as well.

Have you had an impression of a past life or how many you've had?

I find the Reluctant Messenger on this subject here is very comprehensive :)

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

GM, at one time (a hundred years ago) was; "Louis Pedonya" a
guy who ran a small butcher shop in Jersey!

Before that, I was a guy named; "Frank Johnson" who
discovered, what he thought was gold but, it turned out to be,
charcoal briquets! Unfortunately, Barbeque units weren't
invented yet, so the briquets were used for doorstops!

I think I was a shoe Cobbler named; "Herbert
Q. Swatsmire!" And, somewhere in between I
might have been one of two inventors of the
Polaroid Camera? Although, I'm not really
certain about that one? The reason is, I
have a real strong feeling, I had something
to do with creating the original blueprint
for "Twinkies?"

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Have you had an impression of a past life or how many you've had?

I had heard that there are more living now than had ever died
and
somehow I knew that was true even though I do not know how to do the math
and
this makes it possible for everyone who has ever lived to be alive when Jesus returns
and
I believe this will happen soon since seven billion is a special number

at the most you are in your third life
if
all of this is true

rainee

so here is the program
if
you wish to identify yourself

it helps to know where you coming from

are you mad?
are you a calvinist or reformed??
are they the same?

Chrys
Here is the verse that makes the difference obvious to me.
I'm posting it from the New American Standard Because I hope to show it can break up so easily with that version.
Acts 2:22-23

22 “Men of Israel, listen to these words:
Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know—
23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

I am a Calvinist or Reformed because I see and believe
The Lord Jesus was delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God.

I guess others are not Calvinists because they can't figure out how
God and The Jewish people Peter is speaking to at that moment can both have a hand in this when God did not make them do wrong since obviously they must have had free will, right?
And also they are not excused just because it was according to God's plan for they feel shame and heart break as you can see if you keep reading.

And then there are the hands of godless men who really did physically put Him to death.

God did not make them do anything either and even though they did what an angry mob was asking for - not even that changes the fact they were the godless ones who did it.

So how do you do the verse Chrys?
How does the Sovereignty of God and free will work here?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
there are passages is the bible that only reincarnation can satisfy

Such as?

2 Corinthians 5

8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

IMJerusha

I guess others are not Calvinists because they can't figure out how
God and The Jewish people Peter is speaking to at that moment can both have a hand in this when God did not make them do wrong since obviously they must have had free will, right?
And also they are not excused just because it was according to God's plan for they feel shame and heart break as you can see if you keep reading.

Not to be nit picky but, as regards Acts 2:22-23, not all men of Israel were Jews plus Peter did preface his words in verse 14 with "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem..." Okay, :carryon:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So how do you do the verse Chrys?
How does the Sovereignty of God and free will work here?

there are many verses in the bible that I do not understand
and
there is not one that I hang my hat on
but
there is one that says it all for me
you won't find it in your bible because it does not have the word 'test'

daniel 12:10 nab

10 Many shall be refined, purified, and tested, but the wicked shall prove wicked; the wicked shall have no understanding, but those with insight shall.

Last edited: