program

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
where does it say He will reign?
Revelation 5:10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

Revelation 20:5 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
where does it say He will reign?
and
did you miss the part where He says His kingdom is not of this world?

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world[this present cosmos/order/arangement]: if my kingdom were of this world[this present cosmos/order/arrangement], then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Did you miss the word 'now'?

now- Grk. nun- this present time as opposed to past or future

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Revelation 5:10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

Revelation 20:5 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

A question Crys, since it says we will live and reign with Him on the earth, and the RCC believes in preterism, show me when Christ lived with believers on the earth for 1000 years and when those believers were resurrected- thanks (it cant be spiritual application since there is a set length of time and the church has existed well more than 1000 years)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A question Crys, since it says we will live and reign with Him on the earth, and the RCC believes in preterism, show me when Christ lived with believers on the earth for 1000 years and when those believers were resurrected- thanks (it cant be spiritual application since there is a set length of time and the church has existed well more than 1000 years)

I will answer this
but
first I have to ask you a question

are you with Christ?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, already seated with Him in heavenly places, now answer what i asked you.

good answer
so
when you post here at tol
it could be said
that
you are posting with Christ

also Jesus said anytime two or more are gathered in His name
He will be with them
so
anytime two or more christrians reign
it can be said that they are reigning with Him

it just so happens these christians did reign with Him for 1000 years
it is called
the byzantine empire

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
it just so happens these christians did reign with Him for 1000 years
it is called

the byzantine empire

Verse says on earth, with Him on earth, I see nowhere in your article anywhere, where Christ was here on earth, and it also says in the bible passages that all eyes will see Him.

Point me to that please, and if you believe that was His 1000 year reign, tell me when He stopped reigning, and the devil cast into the lake of fire, since thats also said to be at the end of it.

Then you have the problem of the gates of hell not prevailing against the church - Revelation says the devil was given the power to make war with the saints and overcome them.

So if you insist thats already past, then the gates of hell overcame the church.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Verse says on earth, with Him on earth, I see nowhere in your article anywhere, where Christ was here on earth, and it also says in the bible passages that all eyes will see Him.

Point me to that please, and if you believe that was His 1000 year reign, tell me when He stopped reigning, and the devil cast into the lake of fire, since thats also said to be at the end of it.

Then you have the problem of the gates of hell not prevailing against the church - Revelation says the devil was given the power to make war with the saints and overcome them.

So if you insist thats already past, then the gates of hell overcame the church.

you already said that you are with Him
and
you are still on earth

you are also confusing this with the second coming
that is easy to do
and
most christians do that
but
without any real justification

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can tell you are disturbed
but
I don't think it is due to a lack of Presbyterians
Uncanny...which is better than the other word, if completely less suited. :)

Anyway, I've been Presbyterian since my son became a part of the church shortly after his birth, presented to the congregation. Also, you don't have one of my favorite heathens (and a solid contributor to the joint) rexlunae among the atheists. So trim your sails, batten your hatches and generally get your ship together.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Uncanny...which is better than the other word, if completely less suited. :)

Anyway, I've been Presbyterian since my son became a part of the church shortly after his birth, presented to the congregation. Also, you don't have one of my favorite heathens (and a solid contributor to the joint) rexlunae among the atheists. So trim your sails, batten your hatches and generally get your ship together.

is there such a thing as a presbyterian confession?