Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Exactly Brother !

Good Morning. I want to clarify something, the Holy Spirit doesnt make us legally righteous before God, thats done solely by the death of Christ for us , yet the Holy Spirit makes it evident we are righteous by giving us Faith.

Nanja

Good Morning. I want to clarify something, the Holy Spirit doesnt make us legally righteous before God, thats done solely by the death of Christ for us , yet the Holy Spirit makes it evident we are righteous by giving us Faith.

Good Morning to you too !

Oh TY, but I already knew that :)

I appreciate you !

Nanja

All of Salvation is of God !
The Gospel of the Grace of God, attributes all of Salvation unto the Eternal Purpose of God 2 tim 1:

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

It's pretty cut and dry here, paul says:

1.Who saved us ! Who is the us ? see 2 tim 2:10

2. according to His own purpose and grace

3. Which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began !

And Paul's gospel was centered in these Truths as we see in vs 10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Thats is the gospel includes the Truths of vs 9..

Salvations moving cause is the Sovereign [rom 9:18] everlasting [ Jer 31:3] and immutable [rom 9:29] Grace of the Triune God [eph 2:4-5] by whom the saints were Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World eph 1:4, also predestinated to the adoption of Children, in order that all may redound to His Eternal Glory as per rev 7:10

and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"[esv]

The freewillers however would prefer that it be said " Salvations belongs to our god and our freewills"

However

Salvations meritorious cause, that is salvation is not because of anything we did to get saved [faith or believe or repent] not of works of righteousness as stated in titus 3:5, but the meritorious cause is the obedience unto death of the Lord Jesus Christ rom 5:19b

so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

phil 2:

8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

His death was of the Grace, saving Grace of God heb 2:

9But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

note: everyone here is limited to the context of everyone of the new covenant sons, which brings them to Glory

10 For it was fitting that he for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering [His Death].

Christ in His death hath obeyed in Behalf of the Sons He brings to Glory, He obeyed the Law for them [ Gal 4:4] enduring in their stead the punishment due unto their sins [ 1 cor 15:3;isa 53:5; gal 3:13] and that His perfect God Honoring Righteousness was imputed to them, as their sins imputed to Him, and this is the meritorious grounds of their complete Justification before God, and not mans freewill...

And Salvations Efficient Cause is the Internal work of the Holy Ghost, phil 2 :13, for He imparts into the soul the principal of life eph 2:1; 1 pet 1:23; 1 jn 3:9, whenever He gives us a New Birth Jn 3:3-8 and delivers us from the power of darkness and translates us into the Kingdom of God's Dear Son, this is His Work in Salvation..

Salvation is therefore by the Three P's of God, The Fathers Purpose of Grace, The Son's Purchase of Grace and the Holy Ghost Power of Grace..

This is My Gospel Today..

AMEN !

Nanja

elect of God !
The emphasis here is that God has done the choosing ! Thats the emphasis in the Gospel of the Grace of God !

Now Many would object and say that those scriptures mean the jews rom 11:5 & Mark 13:20 which is not true, though some ethnic jews will be included, but its relevance is to all the elect of God of every nation..

So in Mark 13:

20And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

These elect are men and women of every nation in the great tribulation, and again, they are ones God Hath Chosen for Himself..

The Point of the Gospel is that men are elect because of God's choosing, and not men choosing God. eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Again its God who does the choosing, with the added feature, for we the elect are chosen unto holiness, that it shall happen, and not chosen because we are Holy, Holiness is the fruit of election, not the cause of it.

Notice again 1 thess 1:

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

Notice, knowing, your election of God versus your choosing God ! The emphasis is again that election is God's act. Now how is it paul can make a statement as such, unless election as God's act had been a prominent subject matter in His preaching the gospel to them ?

If one does not Preach election in the gospel they are preaching, and that its a absolute Sovereign Act of God based upon His own imperial will, not in consideration of the acts and works of men, then they are preaching a false gospel..

Amen Brother, succinctly stated !

Nanja

Election by Christ !

Jn 13:

18I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.

Now even though judas was chosen to be an apostle, Jesus careful wording here seems to exclude him from the salvation aspect of being chosen as the others to bear fruit Jn 15:

16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that

Now at this time, judas was not among them, he departed shortly after Christ statement in Jn 13:19 -30

So it is obvious that judas had not been chosen to bear fruit ! But understand this, that even judas being chosen by Christ to fulfill a prophecy, shows the Sovereignty of God and Christ over the ways of the non elect, for they have been chosen to fulfill and accomplish the Divine will to the hilt..even though not chosen to salvation..

Thats why Jesus says that He has power over all flesh [Jn 17:2], that is all human beings, the sheep and the goats, the wheat and the tares, the children of God and the Children of the wicked one...

And the emphasis is on Christ Choosing them, and not them choosing Christ, as today's false gospel and false concept of election goes...

Exactly Brother !

Nanja

Purpose of Preaching !

I believe its only befitting to make this comment about preaching as I witness to the Truths of the Gospel..

Lets look at Two scriptures to this end:

Isa 55:

11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

2 cor 2:

14Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

17For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

The Purpose of God in having the gospel preached is governed by His decree of double predestination. It is God's one whole purpose to Glorify His Saving Grace in Jesus Christ through the conversion of His elect by the preaching of the gospel [1 cor 1:21], and also to Glorify His justice in the condemnation and eternal punishment of the reprobate: For there are those God has loved in Christ before the foundation of the world per Jn 17:

23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

and they were made according to God's Eternal purpose vessels of mercy, which He has prepared beforehand for Glory [see rom 9] and then there are those God hated, leaving them outside the purpose of election, outside of Christ, purposing to withold His Grace and Mercy thereby constituting them vessels of wrath and fitting them for destruction, and hence this lays the foundation of Gospel Preaching or witnessing..

As stated in Isa 55 11, Gods purpose for His preached word going out will prosper [be successful] in the thing whereto I sent it..

To be either Life unto Life or Death unto Death..

Perfectly stated Brother !

Nanja

Preaching more of the Gospel of the Grace of God !

Acts 20:

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

You know to testify of the Grace of God is also to preach it. Its used in that connection here acts 10:

42And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Now if we recall, it was to the Ephesian Elders that Paul spoke of Testifying of the Gospel of the Grace of God acts 20:

17And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

And so we cannot but believe that the First Two chapters of that epistle [ Ephesians] contains many subjects of that Grace that He [Paul] Testified to in the gospel, hence the Apostle magnifying the Glory of God's Grace in Christ, testified that we were Chosen in Him before the foundation eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: see rom 11:5 election of Grace !

This is Gospel of God's Grace that paul testified to the Ephesians, and also, By Grace we are predestined to the adoption of Children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will eph 1:5, now here is the revelation of Grace, Why does God predestinate some [not all] to adoption in Christ ? Notice vs

6a To the praise of the glory of his grace, for Grace, not faith, not freewill, not repentance or any obedience of men, but purely by Grace have we been made accepted in the beloved..

6b wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

You see that ? God made us accepted, not we ourselves..

It is according the riches of His Grace that elect sinners have redemption through His Blood and forgiveness of sins vs 7

7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

God by unveiling the Mystery of His will in Christ causes the riches of His Grace to abound towards elect sinners vs 8, Grace brings God's mercy and Great Love in Christ to make alive dead sinners eph 2:

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved ) Grace Saves !

Grace is God's Spiritual Power working effectually on our behalf eph 3:

7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

eph 2:

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Grace raises up the elect up, through Faith, and gives them to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus..

6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

This is Paul Preaching the Gospel of the Grace of God.. No freewill of men in this Gospel..

Absolutely Brother, but exclusively of God's Almighty Spiritual Power !

Nanja

Perverting the Grace of God !

Jude 1:

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Perverting the Grace of God, thats what false teachers do. There is not doubt that many have perverted the Grace of God as they may claim that it gives them a license to sin and sensuality, and all manner of ungodly living. Yet there is another avenue, very subtle on how false teachers turn the Grace into lasciviousness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ

The way this is done is by these false teachers to impose the ideal of careless living, whenever the Sovereignty and Saving power of Grace is proclaimed.

Instead of accepting the Truth about God's Grace and its effectual working, these false teachers claim, if God's Grace be so, then it gives men a excuse to live carelessly. The Fact of the matter is that its only by this very Sovereign Grace that any can walk pleasing to God
1 cor 15:

10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Exactly Brother; and Amen to parts 1 and 2 !

Nanja

Scripture designates Christ as the Last Adam 1 cor 15:45, so we are told that the First Adam was the Figure of Him to come rom 15:14, all the many ways Adam was a figure of Christ, the most significant is that of Federal Head of a Race. God had him in a covenant relationship [hos 6:7] and so he stood and fell as the legal Representative of all his Family, for when he sinned, they sinned, when he died, they died in him [rom 5:12-19]. So likewise the same with the second Adam, for He too stood as the covenant Representative of all His People being legally one with them, in that He assumed and remitted their liabilities and responsibility. The birth of Christ in the flesh was the beginning manifestation of the Eternal Union between Him and His People given to Him, so it is written heb 2:

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; for they were truly then:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Hence Christ was a Federal Head , meaning that there was a official oneness existing between the Mediator Son of God, and those for whom He Mediated [His Covenant People as typified by Israel] which means there is a legal union between Christ and His People.

Now the Gospel is founded on the premise that Adam and Jesus Christ are Covenant Heads and Representatives of their respective generations or offspring; for this cause they are termed " The First Man and the Second Man 1 cor 15:47, as if there had been no other but themselves, for the Offspring of each were entirely dependent on them, for in Adam all die, and in Christ all are made alive 1 cor 15:22, the First all includes all of Mankind, though satan's offspring was added after sin, and the last Adam includes all which had been Chosen in Christ 1 cor 1:30; eph 1:4; 1 cor 15:23.. This is important to establish exactly who it was Christ died for, that is Key to the Gospel..

Amen !

Nanja

Truthes revealed in the Gospel !

God's grace revealed in election[Rom 11:5] and Christ's effectual, particular atoning work, in that He by Himself accomplished redemption for God's elect, are both necessary for the plain, simple preaching of the God's Gospel.

These doctrines are essential factors to a saving knowledge of the Gospel, not things to be shunned to and avoided and designate later for the mature believer. These truths are necessary to the doctrines that reveal how God is just in justifying the ungodly.

They make known the True Christ whom God the Father sent to save a people[Matt 1:21]. They distinguish the true Christ from all False Christ's. They give no grounds of boasting on the sinner's part.

They display how God is absolutely sovereign in salvation, how Christ is the only effectual Savior, and how man by nature is a totally depraved sinner and dead in sin in need of sovereign grace and regenration and, not a mere savability or a mere possibility of being saved if he will meet certain requirements. Those who preach such are preaching a False Gospel and a False Christ 2 cor 11:

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Amen to these profound Truths, my Brother !

Nanja

The Gospel of the Grace of God

The Plan is complete and should not be restricted to one Person in the Godhead, because it can be only the complete plan of redemption by grace, and hence the Gospel of salvation by grace, when the entire work of the Trinity or Godhead is made known.

Scripture says 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Election as in the election of grace Rom 11:5-6, was due to God's purpose and grace, as well as every other aspect of salvation. Christ's work, his redeeming death, imputation of righteousness was due to the purpose and grace of God, and so was the regenerating work of the Spirit Titus 3:5-7; hence no part of salvation could have occurred without the Grace of God, James states in James 1:18, so whatever part of salvation is due to God's will, purpose and grace, should be in the Gospel, the word of Truth.

For when the Gospel of the Grace of God is rightly taught in the whole counsel of God, from election to glorification, it gives no room for man to boast.

For man to have been saved by Grace through Faith, man had to be elected by God the Father solely according to Grace Eph 1:4-6; Rom 11:5-7; he had to have a Mediator Saviour to obey the law for him and die for his sins, establishing and imputing to him righteousness, then man had to have a new birth from the Spirit, No salvation could have taken place without these Three facets, and so no true Gospel is preached without these being made known !

Exactly stated Brother, for there's no other way that anyone can be Saved !

Nanja

Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24

Now it appears in scripture that Grace, Salvation, and the Gospel form a common union, a whole Eph 2:8;1:13;Acts 20:24, For Grace and Salvation are spoken of in the Gospel, and Salvation and the Gospel are all about Grace, and Grace and the Gospel are about Salvation, the Former [ Grace] makes [ Salvation] happen and the Gospel Proclaims it ! So without question the Gospel is about the Grace of God in the Salvation of men, especially the Elect, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5; 2 Tim 2:10

In light of this, how could the Gospel not be a systematic setting forth of those doctrines of Grace in regards to the Salvation of God's Chosen People, which He foreknew ? So in the Gospel of God[ Rom 1:1] and His Grace, could God leave out any one part of His Grace that it took for Him to save His People out of the Gospel He designates as the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 ? Would God consider any portion of His Grace as not being very important or essential to His Salvation Purpose as delineated by the Gospel of His Grace ? Any Gospel which neglects any Doctrine of Grace, which reveals fully how God saves His People is a False Gospel, and those believing it are accursed of God Gal 1:8-9 !

Amen for sure, Brother: They are most definitely accursed !

Status
Not open for further replies.