Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
As Leighton Flowers a week or so ago put it on Bob's show:

Calvinists have "the same vocabulary, but a different dictionary."

Oh how is that ever true!

It is a different religion entirely when believed in full. I know of no Calvinist on this website that I would have any confidence at all about their salvation. They believe a different gospel about a different god, neither of which bares any resemblance to the genuine except in the vocabulary that they use. It is a devious lie that will has sent millions to their doom.

Clete

Nanja

Declaring the Decree !

Preaching the Gospel is declaring the decree ! True Gospel Preaching can never neglect Preaching that Christ was slain from the Foundation of the world Rev 13:8

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In the Eternal Purpose of God, by His Decree and everlasting Covenant in realization of the Decree of the Fall [Adam's Transgression], for the fulfilling of God's Eternal Redemptive Purpose, Christ was viewed by the Godhead, as already slain for the sins of God's Elect Rom 8:33-34, yes even before the world began or even made ! All of God's Elect were by God reckoned as Saved in Christ from Eternity courtesy of Rom 8:28-31; Eph 1:3-6; 2 Tim 1:9. In light of this all of that which they experience in the time state of saving Grace, was done for them in God's Eternal Purpose before the creation of the world, according to God's Mind and Purpose, the Lord Jesus Christ was slain, hence the conclusion, that in God's Mind, the stipulations of the Covenant of Grace or the Everlasting Covenant were fulfilled, the blood of the Covenant shed, Christ being seated at the Right hand of God, and the Elect Redeemed !

Amen Brother ! We declare the Decree that in the Mind and Purpose of God, according to His Decree in the Everlasting Covenant, that Christ was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world in behalf of all God's Elect exclusively; those Chosen In Union with Him of the Father. And that it was then also, that by His Grace, they were taken into Covenant Relationship with and in Him: Their Covenant Head, Surety and Mediator, to be God's Peculiar People, and to be totally exonerated: Having had all the sins they committed in Adam their natural head, along with all the personal sins they shall ever commit in Time, Imputed to their Surety in their behalf; and His Righteousness imputed to them; being Redeemed according to the riches of His Grace !

Heb. 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Amen Brother ! We declare the Decree that in the Mind and Purpose of God, according to His Decree in the Everlasting Covenant, that Christ was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world in behalf of all God's Elect exclusively; those Chosen In Union with Him of the Father. And that it was then also, that by His Grace, they were taken into Covenant Relationship with and in Him: Their Covenant Head, Surety and Mediator, to be God's Peculiar People, and to be totally exonerated: Having had all the sins they committed in Adam their natural head, along with all the personal sins they shall ever commit in Time, Imputed to their Surety in their behalf; and His Righteousness imputed to them; being Redeemed according to the riches of His Grace !

Heb. 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

I john 2:2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Nanja

Who did Jesus specifically preach Salvation to ?

Let us notice a second detail of those the Gospel is preached to, Jesus says to the Captives Lk 4:18

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

The word preach here means to:

to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done

In other words, the deliverance of the captive is something to be proclaimed as done, not contingent, not possible, not if, but or maybe, but that it is a done deal !

The word deliverance means:

release from bondage or imprisonment

2) forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

The Ideal is this, if one has been serving a death sentence for having been guilty of gruesome crimes, and then on the by and by, they have brought to them that they are now free, that the penalty has been satisfied, that they are forgiven all is well, the state holds nothing against you now, in fact it is as you never did the crimes !

Even all are captives by nature, all are not sensible of it, however God will make all His Chosen ones who are captives by satan, to feel their captivity and to hope for His deliverance as He did with the Children of Israel Ex 3:8-9

And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

Jesus Christ came down to deliver His Spiritual Israel, His Church from the works of the Devil 1 Jn 3:8, That He may deliver us from this present evil world Gal 1:4

4Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world[Egypt], according to the will of God and our Father:

9Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

Yes, God will cause our captivity to become a oppression[distress or affliction] right before He sends the good news of the Gospel, Proclaiming our deliverance !

He prepares His People for the heartily reception of the Gospel of their salvation, they receive it with readiness of heart ! Acts 17:11

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Now do you think any of the Children of Israel would not have been ready to hear the Good News of their deliverance from Egypt ?

They were Made ready indeed Brother, for scripture indicates that the Spiritual Children of Israel received the word with all readiness of Mind, which points to God having given them a New Heart / Mind Ezek. 36:26-27, and Hearing Ears Prov. 20:12; so they were no longer natural men, but made Spiritual as were these:

1 Thess. 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
They were Made ready indeed Brother, for scripture indicates that the Spiritual Children of Israel received the word with all readiness of Mind, which points to God having given them a New Heart / Mind Ezek. 36:26-27, and Hearing Ears Prov. 20:12; so they were no longer natural men, but made Spiritual as were these:

1 Thess. 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:

I john 2:2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

beloved57

Amen Sister 😁

Nanja

The Main Purpose for Gospel Preaching !

Rom 10:14-15

14How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

How shall who hear without a Preacher ? The Sheep of course. Remember Jesus said Jn 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The Main purpose of Gospel Preaching in the Apostolic era, was to call forth Faith and Repentance in the Spiritually alive Elect, or Sheep ! Thats why Paul says this in Acts 20:19-21

19Serving the LORD with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:

20And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

21Testifying both to the Jews [Sheep], and also to the Greeks[Sheep], repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word testifying here is the greek word diamartyromai and it means:

to testify

a) earnestly, religiously to charge

2) to attest, testify to, solemnly affirm

a) to give solemn testimony to one

b) to confirm a thing by testimony, to testify, cause it to be believed

Paul through His Apostolic Ministry was giving confirmation to the Spiritually awakened Sheep of the Jews and the Gentiles of their Salvation through Christ, causing them to believe their Testimony, by the work of the Spirit attending His Ministry. This was the Main and Primary reason for Apostolic Gospel Preaching !

Paul said to the Believing Corinthians this 1 Cor 1:6

Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: This word confirmed in the greek is in the passive voice, they were made recipients of the Testimony of the Gospel, being confirmed into belief of the Truth !

If one believes the True Testimony of the Gospel, it is not because of their freewill choice, but it was confirmed in them by God the Holy Spirit !

Amen Brother !

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If one believes the True Testimony of the Gospel, it is not because of their freewill choice, but it was confirmed in them by God the Holy Spirit !

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Right Divider

Body part
Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Don't forget who you're talking to. b57 believes in the "robot theory of humanity". That God forces believers to believe and unbelievers not to believe. This was all decided before creation and nobody has any choices.

It does not agree in the slightest with scripture, but he'll do his best to force his theory on the scripture anyway.

beloved57

Don't forget who you're talking to. b57 believes in the "robot theory of humanity". That God forces believers to believe and unbelievers not to believe. This was all decided before creation and nobody has any choices.

It does not agree in the slightest with scripture, but he'll do his best to force his theory on the scripture anyway.

Slander and misrepresented. I have never stated God forced anyone!!

Right Divider

Body part

You have claimed many times that God determined who would believe and be saved and who would not believe and be damned before the creation of the world.

So, no, I'm telling the truth about you.

P.S. Lookup slander and libel. One cannot be slandered in writing.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

I don't care anything about b57 or what he thinks he believes. I'm merely responding to the words on the screen. It could just as well be Satan himself who posted it. My response would be the same.

Having said that, you're point is quite well taken! In the Calvinist delusion, choice isn't choice but destiny somehow is.

The thing to remember is that when you're delusional, the things you believe don't have to make sense. Calvinism is easy to embrace once you let go of rational thought and easy to accept once you jetison the notion that the truth makes sense.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Except in this thread and practically every other thread you've ever posted in. I just got through quoting you saying exactly that! :dunce::duh:

Nanja

That Christ died for our Sins !

In order for Christ to die for our sins, they had to be first laid to His Charge !

Just when did Christ the Surety for all whom died, that is died for their sins as Per 1 Cor 15:3

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

As Surety, when did He officially take on the Legal responsibility of their sins ?

Because all the Elect of God, or Sheep, were Blessed with all Spiritual Blessings in heavenly places in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:3-4; which included the Spiritual Blessing of Justification; it was then that they were taken into covenant relationship with, and In Him, to be God's Peculiar People 1 Pet. 2:9 in Christ their Chosen Head, who became their Surety Heb. 7:22; taking upon Himself, and covenanted to pay all their sin debt 1 Cor. 15:3 according to God's Law and Justice. And so it was by this Grace that they are Eternally Justified in Christ [their Surety Head and Mediator] before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9. God the Father constituted His Son a Surety for all of the World [Kosmos] which He has Chosen in union with Him to be holy and without blame before Him in Love. For God Loved them all In Christ. And so it was that the Father constituted His Son a Surety in the Counsel of the Everlasting Covenant:

Prov. 8:22-23, 31

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. 23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Because all the Elect of God, or Sheep, were Blessed with all Spiritual Blessings in heavenly places in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:3-4; which included the Spiritual Blessing of Justification; it was then that they were taken into covenant relationship with, and In Him, to be God's Peculiar People 1 Pet. 2:9 in Christ their Chosen Head, who became their Surety Heb. 7:22; taking upon Himself, and covenanted to pay all their sin debt 1 Cor. 15:3 according to God's Law and Justice. And so it was by this Grace that they are Eternally Justified in Christ [their Surety Head and Mediator] before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9. God the Father constituted His Son a Surety for all of the World [Kosmos] which He has Chosen in union with Him to be holy and without blame before Him in Love. For God Loved them all In Christ. And so it was that the Father constituted His Son a Surety in the Counsel of the Everlasting Covenant:

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. 23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Nanja

Who laid this foundation ?

It is only appropriate to know [in preaching the Gospel] who laid this Foundation, which is Christ; well who speaks in the Prophecy Isa 28:16

16Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

No man could have laid this foundation 1 Cor 3:11

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Next, the Preacher should know When this foundation was Laid by The Eternal Jehovah !! When was this Foundation, which is Christ, and which the Salvation of Zion [The Church] depends ? Scripture informs us that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Lamb Slain from the foundation of the world Rev 13:8, so this foundation was laid before the the world began because of this it's support verse 1 Pet 1:20

20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Now in Eternity Past, Christ the Foundation Stone was laid in the Eternal Counsels of the Everlasting Covenant, Where he was the Designated Surety Lamb Shepherd for the Sheep. At this Unknown Time the Triune Jehovah determined that the Zion of God, the Church, comprised of Chosen men and women of every tribe, nation, and tongue, should be Eternally Redeemed by the Person and Work, of the Chief Cornerstone, Christ Jesus the Lord ! These things should be included in the Gospel of Christ !

Absolutely Brother, and Thanking God for your relentless Preaching of the True Gospel of Jesus Christ The Foundation Stone !

beloved57

Amen Excellent speech Sister !

Status
Not open for further replies.