Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

nanja

Pure Truth!

No one has the ability to believe the Gospel which is Spiritual
unless he is first made to be Spiritually Alive in the New Birth.
The spiritually dead can't hear Spiritual Truth John 8:47,
unless they are first rescued from the power of darkness Col. 1:13.
And that's exactly the kind of deliverance Christ's Death accomplished
for every one of the ekklesia:

Praise the Lord !

Eph. 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as
Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

The same are the World God Loved:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Amen !

They are the ones who will be delivered:

1 Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;
that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God
and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us
from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Amen again !

beloved57

No Election, No Salvation and No Gospel !

No Election, No Salvation and No Gospel !

2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

As we can see, the Gospel Call in Vs 14 is to those Chosen to Salvation in Vs 13 !

Thats why Election is fundamentally foundational to Preaching the Gospel !

The Apostle Paul here in this Epistle is not just beginning the Truth of Election or that God hath from the beginning [of time]chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Then Called them by the Gospel ! We know that this Election took place from the beginning of the World, because the Call of the Gospel in Time is related to the Eternal Purpose in Christ before Time Began 2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The word called here is the exact same word called in 2 Thess 2:14, and so its grounded in Purpose and Grace given the called in Christ before the world began !

This was a Gospel Truth not new to the rteaders, but a Truth that was part of the initial Gospel Message and now Paul was confirming and strengthening his readers, which was customary Acts 14:22

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 15:41

And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

beloved57

No Election, No Salvation and No Gospel ! 2

No Election, No Salvation and No Gospel ! 2

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Salvation through the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth/Gospel is not something that can be done by the freewill of man, but its something one must have been Chosen to, and God is the source of it and He alne should be Thanked for it, which is crystal clear from the texts.

Now many will pervert the Truth of God argue that the word chosen here does not mean election, however that is a lie, it does mean election. It is the greek word haireo and means : To choose or prefer, to lay hold of by personal choice, to take, to choose. The word also in the text is in the middle voice denoting God's Sovereign choice for Himself. This action by God agrees with the word chosen in Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Here however the Holy Spirit inspires Paul to use a different greek word eklego which ALSO means :

I choose, elect, pick out for myself, select and it also has the same exact greek construction of a:

Tense: Aorist
Mood: Indicative
Voice: Middle

Person: 3rd Person
Number: Singular

The Emphasis is on what God has chosen for Himself !

The same thing is True of the same group, the Church in the OT Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

In fact the Chosen here, in Eph 1:4, and 2 Thess 2:13 are all the same people, God has only One specially Chosen People and that in Christ, for they are chosen in Himself because Christ is God, and God has no chosen people outside of Himself /Christ ! And all such chosen, are chosen unto Salvation unto the belief of the Truth / Gospel through the Work of the Spirit, chosen from before the foundation !

Nanja

As we can see, the Gospel Call in Vs 14 is to those Chosen to Salvation in Vs 13 !

Thats why Election is fundamentally foundational to Preaching the Gospel !

The Apostle Paul here in this Epistle is not just beginning the Truth of Election or that God hath from the beginning [of time]chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Then Called them by the Gospel ! We know that this Election took place from the beginning of the World, because the Call of the Gospel in Time is related to the Eternal Purpose in Christ before Time Began 2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The word called here is the exact same word called in 2 Thess 2:14, and so its grounded in Purpose and Grace given the called in Christ before the world began !

This was a Gospel Truth not new to the rteaders, but a Truth that was part of the initial Gospel Message and now Paul was confirming and strengthening his readers, which was customary Acts 14:22

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 15:41

And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

What I noticed here, in this study, is that we see no confidence in the flesh at all.
But that, in order for Paul to confirm them as Believers in Christ, they had to have been
initially Chosen and Called to Salvation by God before time 2 Tim. 1:9.
So when they "hear" the Gospel preached it actually informs them of their Salvation;
that they are one whom Christ's Blood was shed for [a Sheep]! John 10:11, 15

Some would say that all of mankind are called to Salvation; that all anyone needs to do
is make a decision to believe on Christ, or accept Him, or work to be obedient to His commands, etc.
But all of that is exalting the flesh and contributes absolutely nothing to affect one's Salvation.

Those who were called (klētos) to be Saints 1 Cor. 1:2 before time,
they were selected and appointed by Divine Supernatural Intervention of God's Grace.
That is precisely what the Scriptures Teach!

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

What I noticed here, in this study, is that we see no confidence in the flesh at all.
But that, in order for Paul to confirm them as Believers in Christ, they had to have been
initially Chosen and Called to Salvation by God before time 2 Tim. 1:9.

Yes, and that Being Chosen to Salvation was an Truth initially Preached in The Apostles Gospel !

So when they "hear" the Gospel preached it actually informs them of their Salvation;
that they are one whom Christ's Blood was shed for [a Sheep]! John 10:11, 15

Yes, which informing is actually application. When God through the Gospel reveals His Righteousness to us, by what Christ has done in behalf of His Sheep, that revelation in itself is an application to the heart and mind, giving a Knowledge of Salvation Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Thats the primary design of the Gospel, To give Knowledge of Salvation to the Sheep !

Nanja

beloved57;4144524]nanja

beloved57
Yes, and that Being Chosen to Salvation was an Truth initially Preached in The Apostles Gospel !

Surely was!

Yes, which informing is actually application. When God through the Gospel reveals His Righteousness to us, by what Christ has done in behalf of His Sheep, that revelation in itself is an application to the heart and mind giving a Knowledge of Salvation Lk 1:77
77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Thats the primary design of the Gospel, To give Knowledge of Salvation to the Sheep !

Amen!

~~~~~

beloved57

Predestination is essential to Preaching Gospel of Grace !

Predestination is essential to Preaching Gospel of Grace !

Acts 20:24-27

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

In Gospel Testifying of the Grace of God, it includes declaring all the counsel of God !

That word counsel is the greek word boulē and means:
I.counsel, purpose

Its the word Paul uses in Eph 1:11 in connection with predestination

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Therefore Predestination is essential to Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace , in the counsel of it, it is essential because God has predestinated us to the Adoption of Children/Sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His Will, and this was to to the praise of the Glory of His Grace Eph 1:5-6

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

And by this He MADE US ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED !

This was not a offer, a choice we had to make, it was done absolutely by the counsel of God. The word predestinated in Vs 5 is the word proorizō and means:

I.to predetermine, decide beforehand

II.in the NT of God decreeing from eternity

III.to foreordain, appoint beforehand

He predetermined our Adoption of Sons in Jesus Christ to Himself from eternity, to the Praise of His Grace !

This is a Truth that should not be shunned , of the Grace of God, Predestination !

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
yes, God pre-destinated the END. not every detail of EVERYTHING from the beginning of ADAM ! wow - get over yourself, Christian:plain: B57 - forever

Nanja

Acts 20:24-27

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

In Gospel Testifying of the Grace of God, it includes declaring all the counsel of God !

That word counsel is the greek word boulē and means:
I.counsel, purpose

Its the word Paul uses in Eph 1:11 in connection with predestination

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Therefore Predestination is essential to Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace , in the counsel of it, it is essential because God has predestinated us to the Adoption of Children/Sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His Will, and this was to to the praise of the Glory of His Grace Eph 1:5-6

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

And by this He MADE US ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED !

This was not a offer, a choice we had to make, it was done absolutely by the counsel of God. The word predestinated in Vs 5 is the word proorizō and means:

I.to predetermine, decide beforehand

II.in the NT of God decreeing from eternity

III.to foreordain, appoint beforehand

He predetermined our Adoption of Sons in Jesus Christ to Himself from eternity, to the Praise of His Grace !

This is a Truth that should not be shunned , of the Grace of God, Predestination !

Amen!

Praise the LORD in your declaring "all the counsel of God" Acts 20:27 with boldness!

Those whom He has predestined in eternity to be His Sons, it is revealed to them in time
in the giving of His Spirit to them Ezek. 36:27; Gal. 4:6.

The same are the Chosen Seed of Abraham Is. 41:8, the only ones promised Salvation Is. 45:17!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

Praise the LORD in your declaring "all the counsel of God" Acts 20:27 with boldness!

Those whom He has predestined in eternity to be His Sons, it is revealed to them in time
in the giving of His Spirit to them Ezek. 36:27; Gal. 4:6.

The same are the Chosen Seed of Abraham Is. 41:8, the only ones promised Salvation Is. 45:17!

~~~~~

Thanks to God that you have comprehend these sacred Truths of the Gospel !

beloved57

In Rom 1:16 who are the ones believing ?

In Rom 1:16 who are the ones believing ?

Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

In the greek, the word believe pisteuō is a present tense participle and could be rendered " those who are presently believing "

And so its to them alone, that the Gospel in Power puts one into a state of Believing, and we find in another scripture who that is, it is the Election of God to whom it comes in power to 1 Thess 1:4-5

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For,because, or since our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

You see, when we are the Elect, and its time to be converted, God sends the Gospel in the Power of the Spirit and that gives assurance to the hearer.

That word assurance means:

C.to fill one with any thought, conviction, or inclination

i.to make one certain, to persuade, convince one

The Gospel when its the Power of God, it persuades us of its Truthfulness !

The Holy Spirit with the Words of Truth effectually persuades them [the election of God/His Sheep] into believing the Gospel of their Salvation, So the everyone believing in Rom 1:16 is the Election of God 1 Thess 1:4-5

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance
; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

beloved57

A Ministration of Righteousness !

A Ministration of Righteousness !

2 Cor 3:9

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

The Gospel Rom 1:16 is to the Justified, Made Righteous by the Obedience of Christ Rom 5:19 to them it is a Ministration of Righteousness; It is so because, to all for whom Christ died, they are and shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And so the Ministration/Ministry of Righteousness, which is also the Ministration/Ministry of the Spirit 2 Cor 3:8

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Wherein the Spirit is commissioned to work Faith by the Word of the Gospel, and reveals the Righteousness of God that has been imputed to ones charge, because of Christ's Surety Obedience unto Death, who is their Lord and Saviour and Head ! In light of His Surety Obedience / Faithfulness and Righteousness Imputed because of it, Its also a Covenant obligation to reveal / make known to all [experimentally] all for whom He died, their Gift of Righteousness, which obligation is fulfilled by the Spirit or the Ministration of the Spirit Jn 16:13-14

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Whats Christ's also belongs to His Body the Church 1 Cor 3:21-23

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Now some still may argue that its the Apostles that this Promise is made to in Jn 16:13-14, which is fine, for they are to receive it and communicate it to the Rest of the Body of Christ, for their Ministry and what they receive of the Lord is not for themselves alone but for the edification of the Body of Christ Eph 4:8-12

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

So the Gospel is a Ministration of Righteousness to those Justified/ made Righteous by Christ's Obedience Rom 5:19 !

beloved57

The Righteousness of God revealed !

The Righteousness of God revealed !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now what is this Righteousness of God revealed to Faith by means of the Gospel ? It is none other than what Christ had done and accomplished by His spotless Life and Death for His Church. Now in this He came to this Earth to , for His Church, to condemn sin in the flesh Rom 8:3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

The sins of the Church, His Body, was condemned in His Flesh, on their behalf !

This He did by perfect obedience to God's Law in their stead and behalf, and Christ is the only man upon this earth, to begin with Adam, that ever done this; There was never no sin in Him as it was discovered, found to be in Adam.

The Lord Jesus Christ in the place and staed rendered unto God a Perfect unblemished obedience, even unto death Phil 2:8, and since it was done for them in their Name, it made them Righteous Rom 5:19b

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And its this Righteousness, this being made Righteous that is revealed to the redeemed, by the Gospel through the Spirit !

beloved57

The scriptures makes us wise unto Salvation, Faith in Christ !

The scriptures makes us wise unto Salvation, Faith in Christ !

2 Tim 3:15

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

The scriptures here are the OT scriptures, the Prophets and the Law and the Psalms, which Testified of Christ , who died for Our Sins according to the scriptures 1 Cor 15:3 ! Jesus said of the scriptures that they testified of Him Lk 24:44-46

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

These are the same Truths Paul Preached in 1 Cor 15:3-4, The Death, Burial and Resurrection of Christ !

In fact, the Righteousness of God that is Revealed in the NT Gospel Rom 1:16-17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This same Gospel of Christ that revealed the Righteousness of God, was witnessed by the Law and the Prophets in the scriptures Rom 3:21-22

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

And this is what Paul meant in Timothy about the OT Scriptures and how they are able to lead or make one wise unto Salvation, through Faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Folks the Gospel that reveals the Righteousness of God Rom 1:17 is nothing New to the NT, it was witnessed and believed on in the OT.

When Paul preached the Truths of the Gospel 1 Cor 15:3-4

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Those were Truths that had been preached and believed upon in the OT, why do you think Paul said that these Truths were according to scripture ?

It is false teachers who tell us that there was no Gospel of Christ to believe in in the OT, they are liars !

beloved57

The scriptures makes us wise unto Salvation, Faith in Christ ! 2

The scriptures makes us wise unto Salvation, Faith in Christ ! 2

The OT Scriptures, what Moses wrote and so forth, the Prophets, were to lead to Salvation through Faith in Christ ! 2 Tim 3:15 ! Dan 10:21

But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

The scripture here that Daniel mentions was for the same Purpose as stated in 2 Tim 3:15 !

Many today do not understand what this scripture here in 2 Tim 3:15 is stating, yet all the OT scriptures that had been available to Paul, Timothy at the Time of the writing of the Epistle, those scriptures were able [with the Blessing of the Spirit] to lead one to Faith in Christ for all of Salvation, to make them wise to that end !

The Gospel that Paul received and preached "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;"

and was saved by, was in and according to the OT Scriptures, so again the OT scriptures. For the OT scriptures when properly and spiritually understood, were all about Christ and His Cross Work for the Church Lk 24:44-46

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

For contained in the OT Scriptures was the very same Gospel that Paul preached in the NT, the same Gospel that the Patriarchs received like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob Gal 3:8 !

They presented the very same Christ to view to Spirit Born Faith as to Moses Heb 11:26

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

Now does not that indicate that Moses had Christ revealed to him and he had Faith in Him ? In fact, Christ stated that Moses wrote of Him Jn 5:46-47

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

So no doubt 2 Tim 3:15 applied to Moses way back then, for surely he was not willing to suffer reproach for Christ's sake apart from a Spirit wrought Faith Heb 1:1,6 !

beloved57

The Same Gospel in both testaments !

The Same Gospel in both testaments !

Acts 10:43

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Rom 3:21

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

That word witness is martyreō:

I.to be a witness, to bear witness, i.e. to affirm that one has seen or heard or experienced something, or that he knows it because taught by divine revelation or inspiration

A.to give (not to keep back) testimony

B.to utter honourable testimony, give a good report

C.conjure, implore

The OT Prophets were witnesses of the same Gospel as the NT Apostles witnessed of , 1 Cor 15:15

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

The word is derived from martys where we find Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Now the OT Prophets/Saints looked to the Cross for the satisfaction Christ would provide to God's Law and Justice on their behalf, for their Justification or to be declared righteous. This is seen in the Prophet Isaiah here Isa 53:10-11

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin[on the cross], he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many or declare righteous; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Understand, by Faith Isaiah believed that Christ would be made an offering for sin Vs 10 "when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin" See, witnessed by the Prophets !

And since He saw that, it denoted that those sins had been charged to Him already in the purpose of God, hence he knew that Christ's death would be for the penalty of their sins, their transgressions Isa 53:5-6

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And this is the same Gospel Paul testified to of the scriptures 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

So Paul and Isaiah preached/witnessed to the very same Gospel, Christ died for our sins, our iniquity according to the scriptures of the Prophets !

Nanja

Acts 10:43

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Rom 3:21

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

That word witness is martyreō:

I.to be a witness, to bear witness, i.e. to affirm that one has seen or heard or experienced something, or that he knows it because taught by divine revelation or inspiration

A.to give (not to keep back) testimony

B.to utter honourable testimony, give a good report

C.conjure, implore

The OT Prophets were witnesses of the same Gospel as the NT Apostles witnessed of , 1 Cor 15:15

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

The word is derived from martys where we find Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Now the OT Prophets/Saints looked to the Cross for the satisfaction Christ would provide to God's Law and Justice on their behalf, for their Justification or to be declared righteous. This is seen in the Prophet Isaiah here Isa 53:10-11

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin[on the cross], he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many or declare righteous; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Understand, by Faith Isaiah believed that Christ would be made an offering for sin Vs 10 "when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin" See, witnessed by the Prophets !

And since He saw that, it denoted that those sins had been charged to Him already in the purpose of God, hence he knew that Christ's death would be for the penalty of their sins, their transgressions Isa 53:5-6

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And this is the same Gospel Paul testified to of the scriptures 1 Cor 15:3

So Paul and Isaiah preached/witnessed to the very same Gospel, Christ died for our sins, our iniquity according to the scriptures of the Prophets !

Amen, the exact, same Gospel!

~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.