Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

nanja

What blasphemy it is to call God's election of Grace a cosmic lottery.

Yes, and except these people are granted repentance, they will be answering for these claims in the day of Judgment Matt 12:36

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Jude 1:14-15

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

beloved57

The Gospel the power of God unto Salvation ?

The Gospel the power of God unto Salvation ?

When is the Gospel the power of God unto Salvation ? Paul writes Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The passage does inform us to the answer of the question, When is the Gospel the Power of God unto Salvation ?

It tells us that when #1 the person is believing ! That's Right, when in the purpose of God one for whom Christ died is to believe on Christ via the Gospel, they shall start believing, because TO THEM specifically, the Gospel is being the power of God, and so they believe as Paul wrote in another place Eph 1:19

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power G1411 to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

We believe according to the working of His Great Power, working in us !

Again the same word power is used here in believing the Gospel 1 Thess 1:5

For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, G1411 and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

When it comes like that, of course accompanied with the Spirit of God, it produces believing effects !

#2, its the Power of God unto Salvation when by the Power of the Spirit the Righteousness of God is being revealed from Faith or the Faithfulness of God to Faith of the one being born of the Spirit.

God is revealing this Righteousness as the God called preacher or messenger is expounding the Great account of the Word of Reconciliation, or the Gospel 2 Cor 5:18-21

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

From this Message the object of their Faith is Christ and Him Crucified, the one the Spirit testifies to their spirit that He was made sin for them that they might be made the Righteousness of God in Him.

1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Cor 2:1-2

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

In Preaching Christ Crucified, in the Great Grace Doctrines of Non Imputation of Sin 2 Cor 5:19 is being set forth, also the Imputation of our sins to Christ is being expounded 2 Cor 5:21 and in turn the Imputation of the Righteousness of God of Him is being proclaimed, and since they are the Called 1 Cor 1:24 the Spirit applies these truths with power in the Hearts and Minds of the called and redeemed !

Gurucam

Rom 1 :16

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I am going to get straight to the point, and that is, there is simply no gospel being preached without preaching the doctrine of election [election of grace], and the fact that the Gospel begins in God [Rom 1:1] as the Gospel of God, As it proceeds from the Eternal Counsels of God as its root and foundation, for this evident from pauls writings here 2 Tim 1:8-11

8Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Also Titus 1:1-2

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 3But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

This Gospel of God elucidates How that God in Eternity Past, chooses a Special Beloved People, to Be His Portion, His Inheritance, to whom He prized and Valued above all others..

Deut 32:9

9For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Deut 7:6

6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Paul writes on the Saints being Gods Inheritance..Eph 1:18

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, [not the children of the devil]

God having chosen them and gave them to the Son of His Love for their personal safe keeping and preservation..Jn 17:2

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. [the disciples, save judas, represented all them given to Jesus christ]

Now God the Father, decreeing to make manifest this Great Love, He has for His Son, and His chosen in Him and with Him, decree their awful fall in Adam, of which He covenanted with His Son for their redcovery, and redemption, through His blood [ Eph 1:7]..

And in line with this purpose, God also decreed for some of mankind to come into this world, also having a terrible fall in their Father the devil, but in order to Show His High Sovereignty in dispensing His salvation blessings, God purposed not to have mercy on that portion of mankind, Hence, distinctly making Manifest His Special Love for His chosen Inheritance..

Micah 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage [inheritance]? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

This must be preached in the Gospel of Christ, cannot be ashamed of..

Your point real long.

Can't imagine the actual length of your weapon.

beloved57

The Gospel is hid to them that are Lost !

The Gospel is hid to them that are Lost !

The Gospel is hid to them that are Lost and they believe not Per 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Now although this passage I believe applies to the Non elect who shall never believe because they shall remain Lost permanently unto eternity, nevertheless it does also apply to the Elect while in a Lost state before there quickening and conversion from death to life.

The Elect of God always had Life Legally by Imputation, but by nature as the non elect they are in a spiritually lost condition, dead in trespasses and sins, for they too are by nature alienated from the life of God, and hence without this Life of God they cannot spiritually believe which is an aspect and condition of being in a lost state !

So 2 Cor 4:3-4 applies to even the elect while in a lost state by nature, but only temporarily, while as for the non elect its permanent !

Now for that reason Jesus could say Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Anyone Hearing and believing on the Son, is having Eternal Life and has already once and for all past from death to life, which is to say, the Hearing and Believing are but the evidences of having past from death to life, and consequently the opposite is true, not believing on the Son is evidence of not having passed from death to life, but still abiding in death and unbelief !

We cannot believe the Gospel while in a Lost spiritually dead state !

beloved57

A Plain Gospel Message !

A Plain Gospel Message !

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

God hath before all worlds decreed the Salvation of some, which are the Election of Grace, He chose them to Salvation [conversion] and the means thereof : through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

So also, that Salvation may the More appear to be of Grace, He also decreed before all worlds, the Eternal Damnation of the rest and the means unto it 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

God hath before all worlds ordained some to wrath, and others He did not, but to obtain Salvation through Christ, confirming that some have been decreed to suffer Eternal Wrath 1 Thess 5:9

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, !

The Us that were not appointed to wrath are the Beloved of the Lord who He hath chosen from the beginning 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Rest of mankind He blinded !

beloved57

A Plain Gospel Message ! 2

A Plain Gospel Message ! 2

Yes God is Just in decreeing the Eternal Damnation of the non elect whom He hated, because First of all, He is Just by it solely because He is God and can do anything He well pleases with His own creatures !; But secondly, God doeth decree them to everlasting destruction, not as being innocent, but for their sins, however their sins were not the First Cause moving Him to do it, that came from within Himself, His Own Purpose and pleasure, yet again, He did not decree their eternal damnation without regard to their sins ! It was simply His Purpose of Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

Nothing outside of God Himself, Outside of Eternity caused God to respond, thats Blasphemy !

beloved57

Within the Gospel Doctrines of the Tulip !

Within the Gospel Doctrines of the Tulip !

Within the Gospel Doctrines of the Tulip, the Truth of the Sovereignty of God's Grace is Testified to in the affair of Salvation As God told Moses Ex 33:19

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

He [God] calls it proclaiming the Name of the Lord ! Paul quotes this Truth in His High Sovereignty Preaching in Romans Rom 9:15

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

the will of man does not dictate whom He will have mercy upon, only His Purpose !

Now in this the Lord Jesus Christ is set forth as the One and Only Savior, without any act of man to any degree, save only AFTER he has been raised from the dead and made a New Creation by the Divine Power and Grace ! In these Truths the Lord Jesus Christ is seen to be the Perfect Savior, saving all God's People from their sins, saving them to the Uttermost Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Notice they come to God BY HIM, not by any false freewill. Peter wrote the same here 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

The word bring does carry the meaning of "to cause to come", so when one Truly comes to God in Repentance Acts 20:21 its because the Meritorious Death of Christ is causing it, and so they come to God BY HIM !

The word BY in Heb 7:25 as in coming BY HIM to God is the greek prep dia which means :

i.
by reason of

ii.
on account of

iii.
because of for this reason

iv.
therefore

v.
on this account

Christ must receive the Credit for men coming to God BY HIM, not the freewill of man, which is a lie any way !

Christ saves to the uttermost or completely or perfectly. This is an indictment against all the antichrist demons that teach against Eternal Security ! They are teaching that a Perfect Saving by the Lord Jesus Christ can be Lost, forfeited by the one He Saved to the Uttermost and Perfectly ! Such Blasphemy and disdain for the Person and Work of Christ, just so man can glory in his delusional freewill !

beloved57

Within the Gospel Doctrines of the Tulip ! 2

Within the Gospel Doctrines of the Tulip ! 2

In the True Gospel of Christ, that which brings all the Glory to Him alone, the Work of Salvation is explained in a way that the ones being saved understand that nothing they did, acted, believed, nor not anything in them as ungodly sinners contributed towards their Salvation from wrath and being inheritors of Eternal Glory 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

True Believers Understand that all of our Salvation was effected, brought to pass, soley because of the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus , and MINUS on our part any conditions, requisites or qualification, hence all by Saving and Sovereign Grace. Now understand this, if at any one time, ones Salvation depended on anything the person did or acted of their will as a sinner, any ability of theirs, Then Salvation by Grace through Christ alone and by Faith is thwarted and denied, Christ ceases to be the Perfect Savior in ones eyes and we have fallen from Grace !

beloved57

Preaching the Gospel to the Seed !

Preaching the Gospel to the Seed !

The Gospel is designed in its Salvation Purposes only to one specific Seed, as here Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Eph 3:6

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ps 22:30-31

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

The declaring here I believe to be that of Gospel Preaching for Paul adopts the term declare as pertaining to the Gospel 1 Cor 15:1

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

This declaring is done by the True Servants of Christ, His Spiritual Seed, His Church shall declare [By Gospel Preaching/Witnessing] His Righteousness [2 Cor 5:21] to a people that shall be BORN, as in BORN AGAIN Ps 87:5, that He hath done this by His Own Person and Work on their behalf.

The People that shall be born are the Elect, the Seed of Rom 4:16, who are of course first born naturally in each generation unto the end of time, and they shall be born again, by the Word of Truth, the Spirit of God, and the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

James 1:18

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

For by the Gospel, the Righteousness of God is revealed /declared unto them, the Seed Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The word declare in Ps 22:31

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Is to the same meaning as revealed in Rom 1:17

And the same Righteousness of God is the subject of the declaration or revealing and its to the seed that was born or the People that was born !

It should be noticed that they first must be born, as in Born Again for it to be declared to Faith, for Faith is the Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, so they must first be born of the Spirit of Truth, and so cometh to past the Words also of Jesus Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God[born of Him] heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

All the Seed shall hear God's Words Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

beloved57

To you is the word of this salvation sent !

To you is the word of this salvation sent !

Acts 13:26

26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

When the Word or Doctrine of the Gospel is sent as a Word of Salvation, it is in a discriminate sense, for it is sent to them that hath by the Powerful operations of the Spirit of God and of Grace made to be sensible sinners, they have been made to feel a condemnation by the Law, remember on the day of pentecost, Peter said to the crowd Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

That word pricked means:

I.
to prick, pierce

II.
metaph. to pain the mind sharply, agitate it vehemently
A.
esp. of the emotion of sorrow

This was foretold here Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Thats what mourning is, a emotion of sorrow

God the Spirit makes them feel sensible of their sinnership as He did oon the day of pentecost and even before then as here Lk 18:13

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

The publican was made to feel his need for mercy because of his sinfulness, the same as them on the day of pentecost who asked :

" Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?"

Now remember, in our text the Word of Salvation is sent to them " whosoever among you feareth God"

What can be more specific and distinct then that,For Paul under the inspiration of the Spirit informs us exactly to whom the Word of Salvation is sent by God, To them that are fearing God; Lets not forget that in another Place Paul wrote this about man by nature Rom 3:18,19

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Now who is this indictment on and whose guilty of it ? Vs 19

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

God must gives us a New Heart in New Birth to Fear Him before He can send them the Word of His Salvation, which they Hear by being given a New Heart that Fears God Jer 32:39-40

39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Then Acts 28:28

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

They will hear it, and follow Christ Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Then and only then can we depart from Evil Job 28:28

28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

And such as Fear Him is the Word of Salvation sent to Acts 13:26

26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Sent as in Rom 10:15

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

beloved57

Why some do not obey or believe the Gospel !

Why some do not obey or believe the Gospel !

The Gospel is sent to those who Fear God for Gospel Obedience, but all who hear the Gospel do not obey it as Per Rom 10:13-16

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

This shows us that Obeying the Gospel and Believing the Gospel are one and the same, this cannot be denied !

Now there is a reason why some do not believe or obey the Gospel, that form of Doctrine delivered as Per Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Now the word obeyed here is the same greek word Hupakouo in Rom 10:16, and it means:

to listen, to harken of one who on the knock at the door comes to listen who it is, (the duty of a porter)

to harken to a command to obey, be obedient to, submit to

Now as we can see in Rom 6:17 some do obey the Gospel, and as Paul points out, God is to be Thanked for that ?

And here is why, Rom 6:16 is the Key to it all and it reads Rom 6:16

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Paul says here unequivocally, Ye obey as pertaining to whose servant you are !

That word obey is again the same word found in Rom 10:16 and Rom 6:17 Hupakouo and again means:

to listen, to harken of one who on the knock at the door comes to listen who it is, (the duty of a porter)

Now the natural man in the flesh is not the servant unto obedience and Righteousness, we know this by Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

The carnal mind, which we all are by nature is #1 enmity against God [not serving God] and #2 it is not subject to the Law and or Command of God. The word subject Hupotasso and means:

to arrange under, to subordinate
to subject, put in subjection
to subject one's self, obey
to submit to one's control
to yield to one's admonition or advice
to obey, be subject
A Greek military term meaning "to arrange [troop divisions] in amilitary fashion under the command of a leader". In non-military use,it was "a voluntary attitude of giving in, cooperating, assumingresponsibility, and carrying a burden".

And that is what the Gospel believing calls for Remember Rom 10:16

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

That word again being Hupakouo:

Now in the flesh once again we cannot obey God's Command, so then, that leaves one other alternative, in order to obey God's Command we must be made a servant of His by New Birth, then we are able to yield obedience unto Righteousness as stated here Rom 6:16

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Obedience unto Righteousness is the same as here Rom 10:10

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Remember believing and obedience are the same Rom 10:16

So why some don't believe /obey the Gospel is because they are servants to sin Rom 6:16

Outside of New Birth we are all servants of sin , Jesus said Jn 8:34

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

As Servants of sin, we cannot obey the Gospel, thats why Paul writes to those who did obey the Gospel, these words Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

I believe God the Holy Spirit is the one to be Thanked, for it is He that works in us both to will and to do of God's good pleasure which in this case is to believe / obey the Gospel Phil 2:13

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

2 Thess 2:11

Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

See once we are born of the Spirit, we experimentally become the Servants of God and Righteousness unto obedience Rom 6:16

And a unregenerate, carnal and fleshly man, can never yield obedience to the Law and or command of God which the Gospel calls for ! Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Not until we have the Spirit are we capacitated to yield obedience evidencing we belong to Him Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you[by New Birth]. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

beloved57

The Gospel of God !

In the Gospel of God, as Paul preached it Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Paul begins to establish the utter ruin and helplessness of men, in regards to Salvation and the things of God to make way for the Riches inHis Saving Grace through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

So we read this in Rom 3:10-20

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

You see by this every mouth shall be stopped, no room for the boasting of man's freewill, for there is none [by nature in the flesh] that understandeth, that destroys freewill, for we in the flesh don't even understand the things of God. This is a Huge point because one must Understand to be able to Hear and be a fruitful Hearer of the Gospel.

This we know from the very mouth of the Blessed Saviour Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Yet that very same word for understandeth is also here in Rom 3:11

Here where the indictment against all humanity in the flesh is that NONE UNDERSTANDETH, its the word Suniemi and means:

to set or bring together in a hostile sense, of combatants

to put (as it were) the perception with the thing perceived to set or join together in the mind i.e. to understand: the man of understanding
idiom for: a good and upright man (having the knowledge of those things which pertain to salvation)

So listen by nature in our depravity, we cannot understand the Gospel, we just cannot bring it together in the mind, cannot perceive it, which is made quite clear by Divine Inspiration, combining Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Rom 3:11

So there is No Gospel Salvation Hearing while in the flesh that produces Faith !

Nanja

The Gospel of God !

In the Gospel of God, as Paul preached it Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Paul begins to establish the utter ruin and helplessness of men, in regards to Salvation and the things of God to make way for the Riches inHis Saving Grace through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

So we read this in Rom 3:10-20

You see by this every mouth shall be stopped, no room for the boasting of man's freewill, for there is none [by nature in the flesh] that understandeth, that destroys freewill, for we in the flesh don't even understand the things of God. This is a Huge point because one must Understand to be able to Hear and be a fruitful Hearer of the Gospel.

This we know from the very mouth of the Blessed Saviour Matt 13:23

Yet that very same word for understandeth is also here in Rom 3:11

Here where the indictment against all humanity in the flesh is that NONE UNDERSTANDETH, its the word Suniemi and means:

to set or bring together in a hostile sense, of combatants

to put (as it were) the perception with the thing perceived to set or join together in the mind i.e. to understand: the man of understanding
idiom for: a good and upright man (having the knowledge of those things which pertain to salvation)

So listen by nature in our depravity, we cannot understand the Gospel, we just cannot bring it together in the mind, cannot perceive it, which is made quite clear by Divine Inspiration, combining Matt 13:23

Rom 3:11

So there is No Gospel Salvation Hearing while in the flesh that produces Faith !

Excellent post!

Matt 13:23
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it;
which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Yes, that "good ground" is a new / changed heart which one is given in the New Birth.
Only then does a person have the spiritual ability / capacity to understand spiritual Truth.
It's all God's action in the heart and mind of the individuals He gave His Life for: His Sheep (John 10:11).
They can hear His Words because they are of God! John 8:47

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh,
nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

beloved57

Excellent post!

Matt 13:23
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it;
which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Yes, that "good ground" is a new / changed heart which one is given in the New Birth.
Only then does a person have the spiritual ability / capacity to understand spiritual Truth.
It's all God's action in the heart and mind of the individuals He gave His Life for: His Sheep (John 10:11).
They can hear His Words because they are of God! John 8:47

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh,
nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

Amen good scriptures !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

The Gospel of God ! 2

The Gospel of God ! 2

But it gets deeper than that, not only in our depravity by nature that we do not understand the Things of God, but neither do we ever seek after God in Faith, that is the True and Living God revealed in scripture, this again stated in Rom 3:11

This information is vital because this is the seeking that accompanies Faith by which we come to God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Its the greek word ekzēteō and literally means to:

I.to seek out, search for

II.to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise

III.to seek out for one's self, beg, crave

Isa 55:6

Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Well man by nature does not do that, NONE DO and thats a Fact if we take God at His Word here in Rom 3:11, and thats the Same Salvation Seeking by Faith that Heb 11:6 refers to.

Rom 3:11 and Heb 11:6 are opposed to one another, hence if the natural man in the flesh, in natures depravity ever has that Faith described in Heb 11:6, that person has defied and proved God's Truth wrong, for he or she has done something that scripture says man in the flesh does not do, and in fact cannot do Rom 8:8

Faith in Heb 11:6 does please God !

And so this is why in Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace, Total Depravity is a Important Truth, and why Paul in preaching the Gospel of God faithfully shows man his depraved and deplorable state by Nature Rom 3:10-20, and thats the T in TULIP, hated by all religionists, a branch in what depraved men scornfully dismiss as just calvinism ! Yet it makes no difference how much they dismiss Truth in the name of calvinism, if they don't receive the Truth that the Gospel reveals of mans depravity in Rom 3:10-20, they do not receive the Gospel of God, simple as that !

Nanja

But it gets deeper than that, not only in our depravity by nature that we do not understand the Things of God, but neither do we ever seek after God in Faith, that is the True and Living God revealed in scripture, this again stated in Rom 3:11

This information is vital because this is the seeking that accompanies Faith by which we come to God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Its the greek word ekzēteō and literally means to:

I.to seek out, search for

II.to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise

III.to seek out for one's self, beg, crave

Isa 55:6

Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Well man by nature does not do that, NONE DO and thats a Fact if we take God at His Word here in Rom 3:11, and thats the Same Salvation Seeking by Faith that Heb 11:6 refers to.

Rom 3:11 and Heb 11:6 are opposed to one another, hence if the natural man in the flesh, in natures depravity ever has that Faith described in Heb 11:6, that person has defied and proved God's Truth wrong, for he or she has done something that scripture says man in the flesh does not do, and in fact cannot do Rom 8:8

Faith in Heb 11:6 does please God !

And so this is why in Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace, Total Depravity is a Important Truth, and why Paul in preaching the Gospel of God faithfully shows man his depraved and deplorable state by Nature Rom 3:10-20, and thats the T in TULIP, hated by all religionists, a branch in what depraved men scornfully dismiss as just calvinism ! Yet it makes no difference how much they dismiss Truth in the name of calvinism, if they don't receive the Truth that the Gospel reveals of mans depravity in Rom 3:10-20, they do not receive the Gospel of God, simple as that !

I completely agree.

It's a hated doctrine because it proves that man in the flesh is totally incapable
to perform any action whatsoever which can assist him in becoming saved.

~~~~~

beloved57

I completely agree.

It's a hated doctrine because it proves that man in the flesh is totally incapable
to perform any action whatsoever which can assist him in becoming saved.

~~~~~

Yes it demolishes the false satanic dcotrines of mans freewill in salvation ! Thats the #1 reason why religious men hate it !

Status
Not open for further replies.