Pops refutes the biblical concept of the Trinity

God's Truth

Humans can only clone the flesh, but they cannot clone the spirit inside us to make us live, only God can do that.
Only God can give each to us our own spirit when we are conceived, but God came as a man and He gave that man His own Spirit as a man.

Jesus is God the Father come as a man.

Lon

I refute the belief in the born Son being coeternal with the FATHER. I do not deny the Word being coeternal with the FATHER, but I equate the Word to the Spirit of GOD, and when I refer to the Spirit of GOD I mean GOD almighty /GOD the FATHER.

You can easily note three seemingly separate references above, but to me they are singular in Spirit. It could easily be seen as a form of trinity belief, but I would never say understanding or believing as I do is salvific for another, nor would I put excessive emphasis on any seeming plurality as GOD is Spirit and what is known of or by GOD is known through the Spirit. Those in communion with the Spirit of GOD may be eventually anointed by GOD, being made an ambassador of Christ for the sake of all creation which belongs to GOD alone.

peace

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Just parsing at that point. The distinction is in your head rather than scripture at that point. If the Son is the Word, then He is God. You are simply trying to separate thoughts for order and logic in your brain but the equivocation is already there. You acquiesced Jesus is God. Most Arians/Unitarians do this. In some way, you know scripture equates the Lord Jesus Christ as God, yet you, trying to balance other scriptures, trample those scriptures that equate Him as God with poor reasoning. John 20:28 MUST be explained away from an Arian/Unitarians perspective. If you can get to where you and they embrace John 20:28 and love it, you'll be going the right direction. -Lon

God's Truth

Just parsing at that point. The distinction is in your head rather than scripture at that point. If the Son is the Word, then He is God. You are simply trying to separate thoughts for order and logic in your brain but the equivocation is already there. You acquiesced Jesus is God. Most Arians/Unitarians do this. In some way, you know scripture equates the Lord Jesus Christ as God, yet you, trying to balance other scriptures, trample those scriptures that equate Him as God with poor reasoning. John 20:28 MUST be explained away from an Arian/Unitarians perspective. If you can get to where you and they embrace John 20:28 and love it, you'll be going the right direction. -Lon

God is not three different Persons.
God is one Spirit come to us in three different personas...a Father, and a Son.
God doesn't need a Son to make Himself God.
God came as a Son to save us.

Apple7

He was the word of God and is the one and only God the Father.

No.

The Father is not the Son (John 3.17, 35; 5.22-23, 31-32; 8.16-18; 11.41-42; 12.28; 14.31; 17.1-26; Rom. 1.7; 1 Cor. 1.3; 15.24-28; 2 Cor. 1.2; Gal. 1.3; 4.4; Eph. 1.2; 6.23; Phil. 1.2; 1 Thess. 1.1; 2 Thess. 1.1-2; 1 Tim. 1.1-2; 2 Tim. 1.2; Tit. 1.4; Phm. 3; James 1.1; 2 Pet. 1.2; 1 John 4.10; 2 John 3)

The Son is not the Father (John 3.17, 35; 5.22-23, 31-32; 8.16-18; 11.41-42; 12.28; 14.31; 17.1-26; Rom. 1.7; 1 Cor. 1.3; 15.24-28; 2 Cor. 1.2; Gal. 1.3; 4.4; Eph. 1.2; 6.23; Phil. 1.2; 1 Thess. 1.1; 2 Thess. 1.1-2; 1 Tim. 1.1-2; 2 Tim. 1.2; Tit. 1.4; Phm. 3; James 1.1; 2 Pet. 1.2; 1 John 4.10; 2 John 3)

Apple7

God is not three different Persons.

Scripture says that He is Three separate Persons, as thus...

πορευθεντες ουν μαθητευσατε παντα τα εθνη βαπτιζοντες αυτους εις το ονομα του πατρος και του υιου και του αγιου πνευματος

God's Truth

So Jesus says "This is my son in whom I am well pleased"?

Right; now you are catching on.

Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

John 19:36 Now these things happened so that the Scripture would be fulfilled: “Not one of His bones will be broken.” 37 And, as another Scripture says: “They will look on the One they have pierced.” 38 Afterward, Joseph of Arimathea, who was a disciple of Jesus (but secretly for fear of the Jews), asked Pilate to let him remove the body of Jesus. Pilate gave him permission, so he came and removed His body.

MennoSota

Right; now you are catching on.

Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.
So...Jesus said, "This is my son in whom I am well pleased."? He was apparently a great ventriloquist, no?