POPE SAYS JESUS WAS A FAILURE

glassjester

Are you going to keep manifesting 2 Tim 2:23? Knock yourself out.

Alright, if you don't want to discuss things, we don't have to.

I was under the false impression you joined a discussion for the purpose of, well... discussion. My mistake. :confused:

HisServant

Alright.

Christ did, however, found a Church, no?

No... Church is not a biblical concept... although you will find it in you bible as an errant translation.

Christ started a movement... an ekklesia... not an institution.

Until Rome got involved, the movement was known as 'The Way' and was not institutional.

glassjester

No... Church is not a biblical concept... although you will find it in you bible as an errant translation.

Christ started a movement... an ekklesia... not an institution.

Until Rome got involved, the movement was known as 'The Way' and was not institutional.

Was there no structure or hierarchy to His ekklesia?

glassjester

Congregational/Assembly rule.

Each group was free to set up its own structure as led by the Holy Spirit.

Before I keep blabbing - thanks for engaging in real conversation here. Seriously.

These congregations were bound to come to different doctrinal conclusions - so how were they to settle these differences, in order to truly remain one faith?

glassjester

You frequently point the finger at others. You should look at yourself.

It that better?

Like I said before - I know I am just as prone to error as every other human being.

I am often wrong, and I do my best to acknowledge my mistakes and right them. Is that ok with you?

HisServant

Before I keep blabbing - thanks for engaging in real conversation here. Seriously.

These congregations were bound to come to different doctrinal conclusions - so how were they to settle these differences, in order to truly remain one faith?

By keeping to what they were taught and not going any further.... by resting in the work of the Holy Spirit.

If you haven't noticed... all doctrinal splits occur when so called teachers try and put their spin on things and go beyond what was taught.

In a way, the RCC set themselves up for the reformation.. it was inevitable.

But anyhow, the RCC isn't the church Jesus started, so this is all pointless.

HisServant

Taught by whom?

Jesus and the original apostles and what the Holy Spirit inspired to be written.

No person after them has any right to add or subtract from their teachings.

In other words, doctrinal development is strictly prohibited.

This follows along with scriptures exhortation that we be witnesses to Christ.... witnesses can only testify to what happened.. then cannot theorize or develop what they saw or were taught.

glassjester

Jesus and the original apostles and what the Holy Spirit inspired to be written.

No person after them has any right to add or subtract from their teachings.

In other words, doctrinal development is strictly prohibited.

That's a dangerous phrase. It implies interpretation. Still, I follow what you're saying so far.

So once all the apostles were gone, individual congregations would continue to disagree on what the original apostles actually taught them. Or they might disagree on how a particular teaching was being applied. How could they settle those differences?

Additionally, it seems, by what you're saying, that what the apostles taught these early Christian assemblies could not be erroneous. Is that right?

HisServant

That's a dangerous phrase. It implies interpretation. Still, I follow what you're saying so far.

So once all the apostles were gone, individual congregations would continue to disagree on what the original apostles actually taught them. Or they might disagree on how a particular teaching was being applied. How could they settle those differences?

Additionally, it seems, by what you're saying, that what the apostles taught these early Christian assemblies could not be erroneous. Is that right?

The Holy Spirit was supposed to solve any and all of these issues, through prayer and adherence to what was taught. Any people that would continue to divide the people would be shunned until they repent and once again abide in the Holy Spirit.

Yes, what the apostles taught and what the holy spirit inspired are not erroneous.