Please help me with what the Deity of Christ means

keypurr

Shalom.

I need to correctly understand the Father sent the Son.

Shalom.

Jacob

Amen friend.

The true spirit son needed a body to well in, God provided it in Jesus. Heb 10:5 speaks of that body. The logos is the spirit that moved across the face of the waters in the book of Genesis. The express image of Heb 1:3.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shalom.

I need to correctly understand the Father sent the Son.

Shalom.

Jacob
What is there to understand about it?
Scripture clearly says the Father sent the Son.

John 5:36-37
(36) But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
(37) And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

YHWH is a unity.

Matthew 28:19
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name [singular - ie. one name consisting of the following] of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your to smart for them Jacob.

They do not understand the difference between God and a god.
Jesus was a man who was created to hold the true spirit son of the Father. The true son is the spirit logos, God created everything through him/it. The logos is a created form of God for the Father gave him all the power of himself. Jesus had the logos in him that is what made him so special. The Father is the only true God but Christ was more or less given deity.

Its a long story to prove this but it is well worth your time to explore it.

What do you mean by saying that Christ was more or less given deity?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You aren't answering my question.

Did you know the "Son" created all things? If He isn't God, how is that possible? Did you know He was "before all things"? If He is just the Son like "believers and mankind", how is it possible that He was before all things? He is the visible of the invisible God. Unless you're blind, you must know what that means.

This is speaking of the "Son of God". Are you denying He is God or claiming there are TWO Gods?

Col. 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​

I do not claim two gods.

I believe that you have said here that you believe that Jesus is the creator.

I also do not know what the visible of the invisible God means.

glorydaz

Your to smart for them Jacob.

They do not understand the difference between God and a god.
Jesus was a man who was created to hold the true spirit son of the Father. The true son is the spirit logos, God created everything through him/it. The logos is a created form of God for the Father gave him all the power of himself. Jesus had the logos in him that is what made him so special. The Father is the only true God but Christ was more or less given deity.

Its a long story to prove this but it is well worth your time to explore it.

So Jesus was "more or less given deity". :doh:

In other words, God made another god for men to worship, who would save men even though God said HE, HIMSELF, was the only Saviour.

This is a fine example of what all cults do. This is why Jesus is called the Rock of Offense. Men rejected their Lord and God when He came to dwell among them. Ingrates. :down:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He is to educated to swallow traditional stories.
We don't need another denier of scripture as you are, that has GOD creating another lesser god.
Something GOD says was never done by GOD.

Isaiah 43:10
(10) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

GOD clearly states that He formed no God before Him and formed no God after Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Deity-Divinity

I have seen these words used in so many different context, that I had to go to the library and look in the big dictionary. To try to find out why these people are using it the way they are. It amazed me. The carnal language is dangerous because it is satans play ground. Satan can use the carnal mind, change a few words, exaggerate anything there. But the spiritual mind which is only verses, he has no power. He can only try with a piece of a verse, and this is why I tell everybody. If you ever get a piece of a verse, go look it up for verification. But he(satan) will not use a whole verse because that is glorifiing Christ. And satan is anti-christ. Now when I speak of verses I'm speaking of new testament verses, because we know that he(satan) quotes old testament verses. And yes the Holy Spirit quotes old testament verses to. But Christ is the new testament. Anyway check out these deffinitions from the big dictionary at the library.

deity 1 a: often cap : divine nature or rank: the essintial nature of a god or of a supreme being: DIVINITY

di-vin-i-ty 1:the quality or state of being divine: nature or essence of God: GODHEAD (the divinity of Jesus) a celestial being inferior to the supreme God but superior to man<one of the subservient divinities>

Now it doesnt say that Jesus is God, what it says is He is second in command, it says Jesus is inferior to the supreme God but over every other creature in heaven and on earth.
I got my deffinitions from websters new world dictionary copyright 1993

Col 2-9
I think your totally missing what that one verse was saying. It was talking about the fullness of God working through Jesus. Has nothing to do with the deity of Jesus.

Col 2:8-9
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

Stricked Rules Of Believing
Trinity is NOT in the Word of God. Deity is NOT in the Word of God. God the Son is NOT in the Word of God. God the Holy Spirit is NOT in the Word of God. What is in the Word of God is. Dont think beyond what is written, Dont add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)
AND THE DEITY OF SATAN

xxxThe devil is a deity.

4567 Satanas (sat-an-as');

of Aramaic origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil:

KJV-- Satan.

1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on);

neuter of a derivative of 1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:

KJV-- devil, god.

The only three in one trinity god in the bible is the dragon, devil, satan.

2316 theos (theh'-os);

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:

KJV-- X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is only one three in one god in the whole bible. Satan is useing the trinity to mock the living God.

Rev 20:2
2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Amen friend.

The true spirit son needed a body to well in, God provided it in Jesus. Heb 10:5 speaks of that body. The logos is the spirit that moved across the face of the waters in the book of Genesis. The express image of Heb 1:3.

I do not believe your words.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

In other words, God made another god for men to worship, who would save men even though God said HE, HIMSELF, was the only Saviour.

This is a fine example of what all cults do. This is why Jesus is called the Rock of Offense. Men rejected their Lord and God when He came to dwell among them. Ingrates. :down:
Exactly.
Keypurr would have everyone believe that GOD went against His own holy word.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is there to understand about it?
Scripture clearly says the Father sent the Son.

John 5:36-37
(36) But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
(37) And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

YHWH is a unity.

Matthew 28:19
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name [singular - ie. one name consisting of the following] of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

I do not believe that YHWH is a unity. I believe YHVH is God and the name of and for God.

I have heard that Jesus did not have a body before, basically, His conception or birth.

keypurr

What do you mean by saying that Christ was more or less given deity?

The logos was given the fullness of the Father. God gave him power and wisdom. In a sense he is a divine being, the highest of all creation. He is a form of God. Phil 2.

glorydaz

I do not claim two gods.

Well, Paul is the one who wrote the verse. I didn't. He says the Son of God (Jesus) created all things....just exactly as John says in John 1:1-3 when He speaks of the WORD who became flesh and dwelt among us. (You admitted that was speaking of Jesus Christ.)

That same Word who was with God and was God in the beginning, "made" all things. Without Him was not any thing made that was made. That's what Paul tells us, too, in even more detail.

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​

keypurr

The Father is a saviour for SENDING the saviour. Jesus told you only his Father is the true God. The true spirit son is the image of the father, firstborn of all creation, a creature. Yet he was given the power of his Father the creator. If you sincerely want truth you need to get out of the church box.

Most churches are cults. I do not reject the God of my Lord Jesus Christ.

keypurr

I do not claim two gods.

Consider that the logos did the work for his Father YHWH.

glorydaz

The logos was given the fullness of the Father. God gave him power and wisdom. In a sense he is a divine being, the highest of all creation. He is a form of God. Phil 2.

This is how all cults work. They twist and distort what is written. Jesus was not A form of God. He was in the form of God (Spirit) IN THE BEGINNING before he took on the form of a servant (became flesh and dwelt among us.)

Phil. 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not believe that YHWH is a unity.
That's why you are confused with so much scripture to the contrary.

Starting with Genesis having Elohim say "Let us make man in our image".
Clearly a unity.

And on into the New Testament scriptures such as Matthew 28:19 clearly stating that a singular NAME applied to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

And in between are other scriptures revealing the triune unity of YHWH.

keypurr

We don't need another denier of scripture as you are, that has GOD creating another lesser god.
Something GOD says was never done by GOD.

Isaiah 43:10
(10) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

GOD clearly states that He formed no God before Him and formed no God after Him.

God and a form of God are not the same. God, YHWH was alone until he created his exact image. The logos is a spirit like his Father. But it is important to realize that he/it is created. Christ is Lord, not God. He answers to his God. Mankind has twisted God's words.