Please help me with what the Deity of Christ means

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Can anyone here help me with what the Deity of Christ means?

I accept the Deity of Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Does the Deity of Christ mean or speak to that Jesus is the Son of God, the only begotten Son of God, a man with the Holy Spirit, God, or any or all of the above in whatever combination? It is my belief to begin, that Jesus is not the Father, God, YHVH, Yahveh. I am a Jew and I used to be a Christian. I accept Yeshua as the Messiah, the TaNaKh, and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I accept the Deity of Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Does the Deity of Christ mean or speak to that Jesus is the Son of God, the only begotten Son of God, a man with the Holy Spirit, God, or any or all of the above in whatever combination? It is my belief to begin, that Jesus is not the Father, God, YHVH, Yahveh. I am a Jew and I used to be a Christian. I accept Yeshua as the Messiah, the TaNaKh, and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob
2 Timothy 3:7 KJV - Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2 Timothy 3:7 KJV - Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Shalom.

I do not know what you are preventing me from learning, or if you are warning me about something.

I need someone to start this discussion with. Are you wanting to do this, to go through this with me?

Shalom.

Jacob

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not know what you are preventing me from learning, or if you are warning me about something.

I need someone to start this discussion with. Are you wanting to do this, to go through this with me?

Shalom.

Jacob
When I first read John 1:1-5 KJV and then got to John 1:14 KJV - , I had no trouble seeing that Jesus is God. Don't tell me you're just now hearing of the Trinity, our Triune God.

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

14 [FONT=&quot]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.[/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When I first read John 1:1-5 KJV and then got to John 1:14 KJV - , I had no trouble seeing that Jesus is God. Don't tell me you're just now hearing of the Trinity, our Triune God.

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

14 [FONT=&quot]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.[/FONT]
Shalom.

I do not know what this has to do with the Deity of Christ. I do not accept a Trinity or a Triune God. I do accept Scripture including what you quoted. I do not understand it. I do not know why you say this is about how Jesus is God. What does the word Deity mean? Does it have to do with the Holy Spirit?

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

So you accept the Deity of Jesus Christ, but you deny He is the ONE Lord God, correct? Surely you aren't saying there are TWO Gods? Deity only refers to God.

Compare these verses in the KJV and in the Complete Jewish Bible version, and see what you will.

Exodus 6:2-3KJV And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

Exodus 6:2-3CJB God spoke to Moshe; he said to him, “I am Adonai. I appeared to Avraham, Yitz’chak and Ya‘akov as El Shaddai, although I did not make myself known to them by my name, Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai].​

This verse is talking about how John the Baptist was the voice crying in the wilderness....to prepare the way of ADONAI. (The Lord Jesus Christ).

Matthew 3:3CJB This is the man Yesha‘yahu was talking about when he said, “The voice of someone crying out: ‘In the desert prepare the way of Adonai! Make straight paths for him!’”

And this verse is talking about calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:13CJB since everyone who calls on the name of Adonai will be delivered.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.​

glorydaz

Shalom.

I do not know what this has to do with the Deity of Christ. I do not accept a Trinity or a Triune God. I do accept Scripture including what you quoted. I do not understand it. I do not know why you say this is about how Jesus is God. What does the word Deity mean? Does it have to do with the Holy Spirit?

Shalom.

Jacob

You claim to be so well educated, and you don't know that Deity means God? :think:

Humanity refers to the nature of man and Deity refers to the nature of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So you accept the Deity of Jesus Christ, but you deny He is the ONE Lord God, correct? Surely you aren't saying there are TWO Gods? Deity only refers to God.

Compare these verses in the KJV and in the Complete Jewish Bible version, and see what you will.

Exodus 6:2-3KJV And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

Exodus 6:2-3CJB God spoke to Moshe; he said to him, “I am Adonai. I appeared to Avraham, Yitz’chak and Ya‘akov as El Shaddai, although I did not make myself known to them by my name, Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai].​

This verse is talking about how John the Baptist was the voice crying in the wilderness....to prepare the way of ADONAI. (The Lord Jesus Christ).

Matthew 3:3CJB This is the man Yesha‘yahu was talking about when he said, “The voice of someone crying out: ‘In the desert prepare the way of Adonai! Make straight paths for him!’”

And this verse is talking about calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:13CJB since everyone who calls on the name of Adonai will be delivered.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.​
Shalom.

What language was Romans written in? You are confusing some language.

I do not believe in two gods.

God is invisible, but people could see Jesus. Was it that God was in Jesus? The fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. Is this the Holy Spirit in Jesus?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You claim to be so well educated, and you don't know that Deity means God? :think:

Humanity refers to the nature of man and Deity refers to the nature of God.
Shalom.

I know that the Holy Spirit is God.

I do not know what the Deity of Christ means.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

What language was Romans written in? You are confusing some language.

I'm not confusing anything. I'm simply presenting you with the KJV and the Jewish version of the Bible.

I do not believe in two gods.

Well then, Jesus is either God or He is not God. :chew:

If you say He is the Son of God...not God, then you are forced to deny His Deity, because you say you don't believe in two Gods. :nono:

God is invisible, but people could see Jesus.

Yes, He became a man so we could actually see Him. "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father."

God already appeared in a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire. Appearing as the man, Jesus Christ, is Emmanuel (God with us).

Was it that God was in Jesus? The fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. Is this the Holy Spirit in Jesus?

Shalom.

Jacob

Just because you "reject" or do not understand God's nature, doesn't mean He is not ONE BEING comprised of three distinct persons. The Father is God, the Word/Son is that same God, and the Holy Spirit is that same God. The fullness of God is triune.

"Let US make man in OUR image." What does that tell you, Jacob? Who is the "OUR" and the "US" in that text?

I know....you don't know.

Well, I do, and many others do. We know because the Bible is clear that God is MORE and BIGGER than you can even fathom or are willing to admit. And this is why you keep saying you don't know. It's actually that you don't BELIEVE what the Bible is saying. John 1:1 and John 1:14.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm not confusing anything. I'm simply presenting you with the KJV and the Jewish version of the Bible.

Well then, Jesus is either God or He is not God. :chew:

If you say He is the Son of God...not God, then you are forced to deny His Deity, because you say you don't believe in two Gods. :nono:

Yes, He became a man so we could actually see Him. "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father."

God already appeared in a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire. Appearing as the man, Jesus Christ, is Emmanuel (God with us).

Just because you "reject" or do not understand God's nature, doesn't mean He is not ONE BEING comprised of three distinct persons. The Father is God, the Word/Son is that same God, and the Holy Spirit is that same God. The fullness of God is triune.

"Let US make man in OUR image." What does that tell you, Jacob? Who is the "OUR" and the "US" in that text?

I know....you don't know.

Well, I do, and many others do. We know because the Bible is clear that God is MORE and BIGGER than you can even fathom or are willing to admit. And this is why you keep saying you don't know. It's actually that you don't BELIEVE what the Bible is saying. John 1:1 and John 1:14.
Shalom.

I do believe the Bible. I do not believe what you are saying or telling me.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is my belief to begin, that Jesus is not the Father, God, YHVH, Yahveh.

"You shall know that I, the LORD, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." (Isaiah 60:16)

"Strong's Concordance: 3068
Yhvh: the proper name of the God of Israel
Original Word: יְהֹוָה
Part of Speech: Proper Name
Transliteration: Yhvh
Phonetic Spelling: (yeh-ho-vaw')
Short Definition: LORD

Christ is the Mighty One of Jacob, not the Father.

The Father is not of Jacob.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"You shall know that I, the LORD, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." (Isaiah 60:16)

Shalom.

I believe that you are misrepresenting what the verse says.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

6days

The Lord our God is One. If you accept all scripture, you will see that Jesus was the Creator. Jesus also has every attribute of God the Father. Jesus also accepted worship which the Jews knew was blasphemous. So either Jesus is God... or a lying blasphemer. I believe Jesus was God in the flesh.