Planned Parenthood Videos show women took genocide to an all-new level of evil

journey

This is cruel, barbaric, and makes me sick. We apparently care much more about our pets than our children. I can't talk about this any more right now.

Quetzal

No, but presenting evolution alongside intelligent design/creation and allowing kids to make up their own minds would be just fine...secular humanists such as yourself can't have that now can they?
Not to get too far away from the OP, but I would be okay with the teachings of religion in a historic context as a class.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Not to get too far away from the OP, but I would be okay with the teachings of religion in a historic context as a class.

We have already strayed Q, I apologize to Knight for engaging in the hijack of this thread...Back to the topic.

Jose Fly

The same reason you would posit the unproven theory/religion/belief set of evolution.

Evolutionary biology is a field of science...has been for over a century. It's the unifying framework of all the life sciences. Every scientific organization across the world that has gone on record has strongly supported teaching evolutionary biology in schools.

Why would you think your personal opinions and beliefs should override all that, especially given your lack of qualifications and expertise in the subject?

The point being your preferred theory/religion/belief set is not any more proven than my belief set yet there is evidence for both so, produce all the data for intelligent design & all the evidence for evolution and allow the student to form their own opinions/beliefs because in the end evolution is nothing more than opinion...a theory... a belief set, and I am sure you would say the same of those that hold the opinion/belief of intelligent design.

So let's pretend you're a school administrator, charged with setting the school's science curriculum for the year. As I noted earlier, evolutionary biology is a field of science...has been for over a century. It's the unifying framework of all the life sciences. Every scientific organization across the world that has gone on record has strongly supported teaching evolutionary biology in schools.

Creationism on the other hand has no such support among the scientific community (not one scientific organization has supported teaching creationism in science classes) and hasn't contributed a single thing to science for at least 150 years. The US court system has ruled that teaching creationism in science class is illegal and unconstitutional.

Given all that, why in the world would you start teaching creationism in science class? Because some anonymous guy on the internet says you should?

Can it be proven that the earth is round? Yes...I rest my case...You cannot prove beyond doubt that evolution is anything more than a theory it cannot be proven as fact anymore than intelligent design. The earth being flat however can be proven without any doubt.

Other than the fact that we see populations evolve, all the time, right before our eyes. It's so trivial of a process to observe, we can even give students experiments where they can watch populations evolve.

Sounds to me as if your fear that your theory will fall on it's face keeps you from entertaining a different worldview.

Why would I be worried about anything like that? There's absolutely no indication that evolutionary biology is waning as a field of science. If anything, it's been gaining momentum over the last few decades. The biotech industry is booming, and evolution is at the heart.

Intelligent design does not have to presented with religiosity other than that their is a power greater than man that created all that we see.

Even the ID creationists at the Discovery Institute (the people who came up with the idea) don't advocate teaching it in schools. I agree.

Are you afraid to let people decide for themselves based upon all the unproven data or just the unproven data that you prefer?

It's a waste of class time. As I noted earlier, we don't do this with any other subject and there's no reason to do it here either.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
christian conservatives do not have to vote

all they need to do is whine about it
and
they will be saved

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Men and women aren't equals? Men are superior, I suppose?
Both men and women have roles. Men are superior at some things and women are better at other things.

Men were made to be leaders, protectors, father figures. Women are designed to be nurturers, relationship builders, and caring mothers.

Society doesn't function well when we forget and ignore these roles.

This isn't to say there can't be an exception to these rules but generally speaking that's how men and women function best.

Quetzal

Both men and women have roles. Men are superior at some things and women are better at other things.

Men were made to be leaders, protectors, father figures. Women are designed to be nurturers, relationship builders, and caring mothers.

This isn't to say there can't be an exception to these rules but generally speaking that's how men and women function best.
Why can't a woman be a good leader?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I couldn't agree more.

Quetzal

Voting is for people who want someone else to do their job for them.
So, I shouldn't even bother voting in the upcoming presidential race. I should just march into the Oval Office and fly this puppy myself? Well, that's all I need. See you guys in DC!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Both men and women have roles. Men are superior at some things and women are better at other things. Men were made to be leaders, protectors, father figures. Women are designed to be nurturers, relationship builders, and caring mothers. Society doesn't function well when we forget and ignore these roles. This isn't to say there can't be an exception to these rules but generally speaking that's how men and women function best.

Yep.

However, men have bought into the idea that the big decisions need to be shared. They think there has to be diplomacy and tact for the right result to come about. This has led to compromise and enablement; and has put women in roles that should be filled by men.

PP has seized on this environment and probably has a sexist hiring and promotion policy.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, I shouldn't even bother voting in the upcoming presidential race. I should just march into the Oval Office and fly this puppy myself? Well, that's all I need. See you guys in DC!
At this point even you would be an improvement.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The videos are quite disturbing, saw them all, and was not able to comment yesterday. It made me sick.