People are Not Basically Good, They're Basically Like the Beatles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast

CabinetMaker said:
Saying that God wants people dead is so far from the truth its scary. If God wanted people dead why would He send Jesus to die for us and raise us to ever lasting life? God wnats us with Him It is His greatest desire. But, those who refuse God will not go to heaven.

Dont misunderstand my point, both of us agree that God would rather them repent so that they can live with Him. But quite often in The Bible, God expresses His hatred and wrath for the wicked. God is a merciful and veangeful God. Yes, He can be both things. Merciful to the few of those who fear the consequences and repent, and wrathful to the majority who are going to Hell, for they do not fear God.

The law is the ministry of death because death is all that awaits those who live under the law. Living under the law should reveal this so that mankind seeks the salvation offered by Christ.[/QUOTE said:
Are the majority under law or under grace?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Toast said:
Dont misunderstand my point, both of us agree that God would rather them repent so that they can live with Him. But quite often in The Bible, God expresses His hatred and wrath for the wicked. God is a merciful and veangeful God. Yes, He can be both things. Merciful to the few of those who fear the consequences and repent, and wrathful to the majority who are going to Hell, for they do not fear God.

Are the majority under law or under grace?
Under the law by their own choice. I fear that many who began in Christ have since allowed themselves to be circumcised to the law and have fallen away from grace. (Galatians 5)

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
bugs

bugs

Hey Joe R:

Wikipedia says, " 'All You Need Is Love' is a song written by John Lennon (with contributions from Paul McCartney)."

That's as close to accurate as I care to be regarding those bugs.

:)

-Bob

One Eyed Jack

Dread Helm said:
A lot of sin and death was introduced into the world by Adam and Eve. God's really the merciful one here. All you have to do is repent and ask for fogiveness. That's not too hard.

It is for some people, because it requires them to admit they've done something wrong.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I love it: the Beatles are monsters and homosexuals should be killed.

You really can't make this stuff up.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
Well, actually you can----and they do.

:chuckle:

Yes, too true.

This place and DBC is reminding me more and more of Landover Baptist Church. Scary. :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.