Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
People are Not Basically Good, They're Basically Like the Beatles

Wednesday October 18th, 2006. This is show #208.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Do you think people are basically good or basically evil? You see, if you believe that there is only matter - atoms and molecules, that's it - that human beings are just physical, we're just animals, we've evolved from slime and we're animals then atoms can not be good or evil.
Summary:

* Hillary Clinton: is now wearing a cross around her neck, according to the NY Daily News, in an attempt to mock Christ by using the Christian symbol to get more votes:

* The Beatles: sang "all you need is love," and then they broke up.

* Paul McCartney: wrote the lyrics, "all you need is love," and then he broke up with his wife Heather.

* A Famous Beatle: beat his wife, stabbed her with a broken wine glass, assaulted her while she was pregnant, tried to stop her from breastfeeding their child, and verbally humiliated her, as his wife Heather has charged her husband Paul McCartney, who was allegedly a member of the Beatles!

* Maureen from Aurora: now understands that Jesus did NOT teach that we should forgive automatically, but that we should rebuke the brother who sins against us, and "if he repents, forgive him" (Luke 17:3)! On the cross, the Lord said, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do," because while they knew they were murdering an innocent man, they did NOT know (although they should have), that they were killing the Creator and Messiah!

Today's TWO Resources: 1) Bob's life's work, our bestselling 330-page unpublished manuscript, The Plot which discusses the forgiveness issue! 2) Enjoy Nicer than God, a fast-paced critique of today's Christian teaching on the issues of forgiveness, judging, confrontation, etc. in audiotape or MP3 CD format (to order the MP3 CD, you must call 800-8Enyart).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Regarding her new jewelry, it's not a real change, Hillary is just cross-dressing.
:)

On Fire

Oh! It's a DIAMOND cross, too! "My Lord and Savior died on a wooden cross for my sins. I think I'll honor Him by wearing a diamond-encrusted cross." She could have fed 5,000 homeless people with the money she spent on that bling.

erinmarie

Jefferson said:
* A Famous Beatle: beat his wife, stabbed her with a broken wine glass, assaulted her while she was pregnant, tried to stop her from breastfeeding their child, and verbally humiliated her, as his wife Heather has charged her husband Paul McCartney, who was allegedly a member of the Beatles!

That's all a bunch of bunk. He was happily married to the same woman for many many years and had a wonderful marriage, then he starts beating on this hussy at 60 some years old? Forget about it. No way.

She's a money hungry bottom feeder.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Seriously...nonsense. To disparage the greatest musical group of the 20th century in this fashion just makes me...:nono:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
On Fire said:
Oh! It's a DIAMOND cross, too! "My Lord and Savior died on a wooden cross for my sins. I think I'll honor Him by wearing a diamond-encrusted cross." She could have fed 5,000 homeless people with the money she spent on that bling.

...yeah... but we will only have her for a short time...the poor, we will always have with us (especially with libs focusing on poverty)....

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Hillary wearing a cross is nothing compared to W using the evangelicl community for his own ends. I find it easier, at this moment intime, to belive that Hillary has deeper relationship with Jesus than W does.

Actions speak louder than words.

JoyfulRook

CabinetMaker said:
Hillary wearing a cross is nothing compared to W using the evangelicl community for his own ends. I find it easier, at this moment intime, to belive that Hillary has deeper relationship with Jesus than W does.

Actions speak louder than words.
I'm no fan of Bush (he's a liberal), but Hitlery is in no way Christian, or in any way affiliated with Christians. She hates God.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
This website seems to indicate she's taken in quite a bit of money for re-election this year. Or else someone needs to fix the wikipedia entry. And she might want to inform folks running her campaign to redo her website, cuz it indicates she is.

And this sad news is from today (10-19-06):

"In the U.S. Senate race, Democratic incumbent Sen. Hillary Clinton leads Republican challenger John Spencer 65 - 30 percent, with 5 percent undecided and 9 percent of those naming a candidate who might change their mind before Election Day." cite

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
This website seems to indicate she's taken in quite a bit of money for re-election this year. Or else someone needs to fix the wikipedia entry. And she might want to inform folks running her campaign to redo her website, cuz it indicates she is.

And this sad news is from today (10-19-06):

"In the U.S. Senate race, Democratic incumbent Sen. Hillary Clinton leads Republican challenger John Spencer 65 - 30 percent, with 5 percent undecided and 9 percent of those naming a candidate who might change their mind before Election Day." cite
Don't get me wrong, I am hoping she runs for president.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hillary's gonna run, I have little doubt of that.

Whether or not she's electable is something else. The right hates her more than her husband, which is really saying something.

aharvey

Nineveh said:
...yeah... but we will only have her for a short time...the poor, we will always have with us (especially with libs focusing on poverty)....
Yeah, I remember how Jesus, in that passage to which you are referring, blamed liberals and their ridiculous focus on poverty for the fact that we will always have the poor with us!

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
aharvey said:
Yeah, I remember how Jesus, in that passage to which you are referring, blamed liberals and their ridiculous focus on poverty for the fact that we will always have the poor with us!

Liberals focus on poverty for votes and power over other people.
In many instances it basically helps them keeps their jobs

The Bible tells us to give to those actually in need and of our own free will. It does not say that the government should forcibly take money from one person and give it to another (wealth redistribution).

Status
Not open for further replies.