Pastor Robert Jeffress Says Those Who Refuse to Vote in Presidential Election....

musterion

yeah, i cant get a straight answer on that myself.

You never will. He avoids anything that draws attention to his ecumenical loyalty to any unbeliever who happens to call him/herself "conservative." I suspect he's a Log Cabin Republican who just won't fess up.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You never will. He avoids anything that draws attention to his ecumenical loyalty to any unbeliever who happens to call him/herself "conservative." I suspect he's a Log Cabin Republican who just won't fess up.

I cant get an answer on that from anyone. Ive seen a lot of people say that, but when asked to pinpoint it, get nothing. (Its your christian duty to vote...)

If its a duty, there should be pretty clear scripture on it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

I notice that you didn't pull up any verses that embraced anarchy or leaders who are evil, so yes, Godly people have a responsibility to elect/choose Godly men and women as their leaders.

Let me know when you can back "you have a christian duty to vote" with scripture.

Kinda like where He talks about pedophilia and heroin use? Oh wait, not everything in Holy Scripture is written in black and white. The verses that I provided in my first link covers what is expected of people when they choose their leaders. Must they be active in choosing their leaders?

I guess I missed (again) where God says that He wants anarchy and evil leaders to rule.

Why would He do that? God destroys nations that don't honor His Word. I guess you are unaware of those verses. He does it for judgment.

Daniel 2:21 "It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.

Romans 13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God.

Do you think this only applies to some?

Psalm 75:7 But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another.

1 Samuel 2:7,8 The LORD makes poor, and makes rich: he brings low, and lifts up…

So God sets the standard for civil government, but wants nations to fail?

drbrumley

I notice that you didn't pull up any verses that embraced anarchy or leaders who are evil, so yes, Godly people have a responsibility to elect/choose Godly men and women as their leaders.

Kinda like where He talks about pedophilia and heroin use? Oh wait, not everything in Holy Scripture is written in black and white. The verses that I provided in my first link covers what is expected of people when they choose their leaders. Must they be active in choosing their leaders?

I guess I missed (again) where God says that He wants anarchy and evil leaders to rule.

No. They are already "failed".....you just can't get your head around it is the issue.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many Republicans actually want to stop abortions? Since abortion became legal Republican presidents have held office for over 20 years combined. Yet, they did nothing to stop abortion. So what eactly does Trump think he can do to stop abortion that previous Republican presidents counldn't do?
I heard Trump say in one of his capaigns that he would seek to overturn Roe. vs. Wade.
Of course, Hillary said that decision of Trumps would be oppression against women and that she would NEVER support overturning Roe vs. Wade.

drbrumley

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.”

drbrumley

I heard Trump say in one of his capaigns that he would seek to overturn Roe. vs. Wade.
Of course, Hillary said that decision of Trumps would be oppression against women and that she would NEVER support overturning Roe vs. Wade.

I heard that too, have yet to see his plan on it though.. Of course Hillary being Hillary

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
God isn't shedding grace on any nation today, only on people. Man has abundantly proved he cannot govern himself for long without corruption and injustice, so He's already reckoned them all as failures. Including this one.

That's on man, not God.

I guess I missed in all of those verses and passages where God set the standard for civil government and it's leaders and finished with:

"But you're going to fail anyway, so never mind."

You've been tutored by me numerous times on the God's 3 ordained institutions for the governance of men: The Church, the family and civil government. All 3 have separate but equally important roles. When one fails, the others do as well.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Was that after he said "Planned Parenthood does very good things"?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I heard that too, have yet to see his plan on it though.. Of course Hillary being Hillary
I haven't heard his plan either.
But the sheer fact that he outright stated it on a public debate is rather rare for a politician to do, especially so close to election time.
It took balls in this day and age.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Argue with God on it, i can back my opinion with His word as i did.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I haven't heard his plan either.
But the sheer fact that he outright stated it on a public debate is rather rare for a politician to do, especially so close to election time.
It took balls in this day and age.

And changed his position on abortion 5 times in 3 hours.

Yep, the flip flopper can really be trusted to do what he says.

drbrumley

“But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, ‘Give us a king to judge us.’ So Samuel prayed to the LORD. And the LORD said to Samuel, ‘Heed the voice of the people… for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me that I should not reign over them… they have forsaken Me and served other gods…’”

Hence, your civil government being created.....