Pagans IV: Because This is a Weird Place

PureX

Christians leave their physical bodies immediately after death and are met by...

… the ghost of Casper Houser.

… a rabi, a priest, and an ayatollah coming out of a bar.

… Earle (Leon Rippey) …

7C05FE52-D86F-4781-BE23-7E4F891EDDD0.jpg

Caledvwlch

Christians leave their physical bodies immediately after death and are met by...

… the ghost of Casper Houser.

… a rabi, a priest, and an ayatollah coming out of a bar.

… Earle (Leon Rippey) …

7C05FE52-D86F-4781-BE23-7E4F891EDDD0.jpg

• A kangaroo swearing at the New York Times Crossword puzzle
  • Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod
  • Me, Bender!
  • Legions of adoring fans
  • Captain Kirk struggling to snap his girdle on
  • A Five-Dollar Footlong

fool

Hall of Fame
That sounds good...I use about a pound and a half of cooked, lean seasoned beef, red and black kidney beans (one can each), one can of black beans, one large can diced tomatoes, some seasoning (trade secret) both on the meat and in the mix (though the store packets really aren't all that bad in a pinch), a little hot sauce and a little brown sugar, slow cook the mess for a few hours...sometimes I'll add a handful of crumbled Ritz crackers if I want to thicken it a little.

I like to serve it over a little wild rice. :chew:

That's the kind of chili I grew up with, when I saw my wife make chili with chicken I was skeptical but I noticed it eliminated browning and draining the beef and I wondered why we brown and drain the beef why not just throw it in there and my wife said that if we did that all that fat we drained would be floating on the top and I didn't understand why that was a bad thing.

Quincy

I always add corn, too. It's great to have that contrast between the spices and sweet taste of the corn.

Aimiel

A pot of petunias, falling to the earth, thinking to itself: "Oh NO!!! Not AGAIN!!!"
An angel, saying: "The Holy Spirit only speaks in verses;"
A lady in a silly hat, saying: "Good day."
An answer to their TOL thread, that says, "Answered... HERE, HERE and HERE."

Granite

Hall of Fame
It's also a nice color contrast. You know. IF you're into that sort of thing. :eek:

But I think I might make beer again before I make chili again...

Totally using corn in mine this weekend. Gotta get the constituents tonight. Will be epic.

PureX

If you find a particularly sweet yellow or red pepper and don't cook it too much, then maybe. I've done that a few times.
Over-cooking them is a problem. I love the taste of sweet peppers, but they don't hold up to hours of simmering. I also like some celery in my chile, and that tends to want a lot of cooking time, so part of making chile involves adding things along the way.

Caledvwlch

Over-cooking them is a problem. I love the taste of sweet peppers, but they don't hold up to hours of simmering. I also like some celery in my chile, and that tends to want a lot of cooking time, so part of making chile involves adding things along the way.

Agreed. Adding the peppers late is something I need to start doing. And I like to put in a stalk or two of celery during the simmer and just toss them at the end when they're mush.

Quincy

This post brings my post count to my birth year.

Chili came out tasty, but not nearly spicy enough.

That's my birth year, too. I put a can of the spiciest Rotel in my chili, which helps but yea, it's never spicey enough for me, anything close to what I'd like.... my family freaks out over it.

Caledvwlch

That's my birth year, too. I put a can of the spiciest Rotel in my chili, which helps but yea, it's never spicey enough for me, anything close to what I'd like.... my family freaks out over it.

Everybody was afraid of mine too, but it was about as spicy as Gerber banana goop.