Pagans IV: Because This is a Weird Place

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what are some good techniques for making a real tearjerker?

Add jalapeno, cayenne pepper, Sriracha .... lots of garlic and onions. Shredded pork also works well rather than plain old ground beef.

Caledvwlch

Add jalapeno, cayenne pepper, Sriracha .... lots of garlic and onions. Shredded pork also works well rather than plain old ground beef.

I do all of that stuff. Maybe I need to go full habanero.

The ground pork really is a nice touch.

Caledvwlch

All for one, one for all.:the_wave:

:rolleyes:

1196-3.jpg

fool

Hall of Fame
For Chili I take the crockpot, put a pound of boneless skinless chicken breast in the bottom, sprinkle in one taco meat seasoning packet, pour on top one can each of; salsa, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes.
Turn it on and walk away.
After three hours or so fish out the chicken breasts and shred with forks (they'll be falling apart on their own) and stir them back in.
You can now eat this in a bowl. Or you can let it simmer for a few more hours and it's a perfectly plausible burrito/ taco filling or nacho topping.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
For Chili I take the crockpot, put a pound of boneless skinless chicken breast in the bottom, sprinkle in one taco meat seasoning packet, pour on top one can each of; salsa, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes.
Turn it on and walk away.
After three hours or so fish out the chicken breasts and shred with forks (they'll be falling apart on their own) and stir them back in.
You can now eat this in a bowl. Or you can let it simmer for a few more hours and it's a perfectly plausible burrito/ taco filling or nacho topping.
That sounds good...I use about a pound and a half of cooked, lean seasoned beef, red and black kidney beans (one can each), one can of black beans, one large can diced tomatoes, some seasoning (trade secret) both on the meat and in the mix (though the store packets really aren't all that bad in a pinch), a little hot sauce and a little brown sugar, slow cook the mess for a few hours...sometimes I'll add a handful of crumbled Ritz crackers if I want to thicken it a little.

I like to serve it over a little wild rice. :chew:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That sounds good...I use about a pound and a half of cooked, lean seasoned beef, red and black kidney beans (one can each), one can of black beans, one large can diced tomatoes, some seasoning (trade secret) both on the meat and in the mix (though the store packets really aren't all that bad in a pinch), a little hot sauce and a little brown sugar, slow cook the mess for a few hours...sometimes I'll add a handful of crumbled Ritz crackers if I want to thicken it a little.

Nice, i use masa flour to thicken mine when needed - i also add ghost pepper and cayenne pepper and green pepper and onion to mine.

Caledvwlch

Nice, i use masa flour to thicken mine when needed - i also add ghost pepper and cayenne pepper and green pepper and onion to mine.

Now we're talking.

I like to add corn to mine. I usually make it with jalepeños, but I think I'm going to try something with a little more fire power.

PureX

That's very close to the way I make it. Not so hot, for me, though. I also put some garlic and spaghetti sauce in along with the diced tomatoes. When it's all done, forget the spoon and eat it using tortilla chips.

Caledvwlch

Fun with other people's threads:

There's a thread I keep seeing in the Active list called "Christians leave their physical bodies immediately after death and are met by Jesus." However, since the title is apparently a little long, it only comes up in the list as "Christians leave their physical bodies immediately after death and are met by..."

Which has been encouraging me to think of awesome things for Christians to immediately meet upon leaving their physical bodies:

Christians leave their physical bodies immediately after death and are met by...

• Freddy Mercury
  • Two talking gophers fighting over a bag of Skittles
  • A panicked, desperate Indiana Jones
  • Fourteen pounds of ground coffee
  • Whipped cream
  • This Old House's Norm Abram
  • Red Green sobbing over an empty duct tape roll