pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
New Creature
kaine ktisis (καινη κτισις)

Galatians 6 KJV
(15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

2 Corinthians 5 KJV
(17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The lexical form of kaine is kainos (καινος), so that is how I will be referencing it.

There are two Greek words translated “new” in our English bibles.
neos (G2501) - is akin to age, as in a new born bady or brand new car.
kainos (G2537) - is akin to condition (pristine, unblemished, clean, unspoiled, without defect, spotless).
An object can be both neos and kainos at the same time.
A new born baby can be both neos (new in age) and kainos (new in condition).
However, a new born baby can also only be neos (new in age), but not kainos (new in condition).
In other words, a new born baby (new in age) can be born with defects (and therefore would not be kainos).
Likewise, a brand new car (new in age) could roll off the assembly line with defects (and therefore would not be kainos).
Therefore, neos is only new in age, and has nothing to do with condition.
And kainos is only new in condition, and has nothing to do with age.

So, it is important to realize which "new" is being spoken of.
Kainos is the “new” we are dealing with here.

One who is in Christ is a new creature --- pristine, unblemished, clean, unspoiled, without defect, spotless.
You do not not gradually become new when you are in Christ.
You are new the moment you are in Christ, no matter what age you are at that time, and no matter how older you get. In Christ you remain in a state of new all the time.

All those in a state of being "in Christ" are also in a state of being unblemished in God's eyes. This is referencing a constant state of being clean and unblemished, not because of what we DO, but because of who we draw close to and have faith in.

In other words, righteousness comes from faith in Jesus, and is a gift of grace, not as a result of how little or much we do.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
what is included?

You are working for your organization, not for Jesus.

Your comments are meaningless because you disregard too many of Jesus' word or teachings.

You are mocking God and Jesus, claiming to be a Christian when you don't honor Jesus' word.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So don't come to me with your meaningless questions, chris.

You are just one of those playing Christians.

I will not join in your game.

If you continue with this, you will be on ignore too.

good day, friend.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
New Creature

Galatians 6 KJV
(15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

2 Corinthians 5 KJV
(17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The lexical form of kaine is kainos (καινος), so that is how I will be referencing it.

kainos (G2537) - is akin to condition (pristine, unblemished, clean, unspoiled, without defect, spotless).
However, a new born baby can also only be neos (new in age), but not kainos (new in condition).
In other words, a new born baby (new in age) can be born with defects (and therefore would not be kainos).
Likewise, a brand new car (new in age) could roll off the assembly line with defects (and therefore would not be kainos).

One who is in Christ is a new creature --- pristine, unblemished, clean, unspoiled, without defect, spotless.
You are new the moment you are in Christ, no matter what age you are at that time, and no matter how older you get. In Christ you remain in a state of new all the time.

All those in a state of being "in Christ" are also in a state of being unblemished in God's eyes. This is referencing a constant state of being clean and unblemished, not because of what we DO, but because of who we draw close to and have faith in.

In other words, righteousness comes from faith in Jesus, and is a gift of grace, not as a result of how little or much we do.

Halelujah!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So don't come to me with your meaningful answers, people.

You are just wasting your time. I'm not interested in truth.

I want to remain in ignorance. I feel comfortale that way.

If you continue to speak truth, you will be on ignore.I won't
tolerate truth on my watch. By the way, my watch doesn't keep
good time? It might be time to purchase another one?

good day, friend.

Nice to hear.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
this thread is about the whole gospel.

Of course it is included. It is in the Gospel.

You need to read it the whole books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

You have been disregarding Jesus' inconvenient messages, too.

You have been disregarding Jesus messages of "love your enemy" too.

You are pro-military too.

You are seeking cheap salvation too.

You wear a cheap hat. Why is that?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
New Creature

Galatians 6 KJV

2 Corinthians 5 KJV

wow

kenjacobsen

Absolutely!

I loudly and proudly proclaim what the scriptures say.
Romans 5 KJV​
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

It's not my righteousness or obedience that saved me.
I'm not the one.

You don't have faith in someone whose teachings you not only ignore but mock.
Jesus said "If you love me, keep my commandments."
It should be clear to anyone who has read your posts that you despise him, his teachings, his example and his attitude.

Are you sure what you just said is truth?
Absolutely!
You're one of the people who stood in front of the cross and said "Look at his fake Messiah! This so-called King! He not only won't take up arms to expell the Roman occupying armies, he can't even save himself!! What a joke! If you're the Messiah, let's see you do battle for us! You're just a pathetic little weakling like this little Japanese lady who spouts the same anti-military garbage you did!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
JW had leaders that were in trouble with the law? LOL! What drivel. The reasons for some brothers going to jail are so meager compared to all the law-breaking your blessed popes have done through the centuries!!

Have you read about any of them? Why not start with the Borgias (good ole Rodrigo)???

When you can come back and tell me about Pope Rodrigo Borgia, I will gladly listen.

:devil:

I see you reported Totton. The reason why you're having problems on TOL is, you're a Jehovah Witness Cultist. You're are not a "True Believer" by any means. You need to hear the Gospel and place ALL your faith in Christ as your Savior or you will stand before God and be judged by your works and subsequently be cast into the Lake of Fire for eternity. It would be best for you to "dump" that cult and get saved according to the Gospel. Totton was correct when she said you're headed for Hell.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus followers should not endorse any kind of violent practice such as joying the military.

Here is my verses to back up my claim:

Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

and some more:

Matthew 26:52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
John 18:36

And His faithful disciple harmonize with Jesus' word:

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 corinthian 10:4-5)

Romans 12:17-21
17Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. 20Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

II Corinthians 10:3,4
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds."

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

True.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
for Totton and all accusers .

for Totton and all accusers .

Mat 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
Mat 18:24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
Mat 18:25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
Mat 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Mat 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
Mat 18:28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
Mat 18:29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Mat 18:30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
Mat 18:31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
Mat 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Mat 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Sonnet

Jesus followers should not endorse any kind of violent practice such as joying the military.

Here is my verses to back up my claim:

Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

and some more:

Matthew 26:52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
John 18:36

And His faithful disciple harmonize with Jesus' word:

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 corinthian 10:4-5)

Romans 12:17-21
17Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. 20Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

II Corinthians 10:3,4
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds."

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

What would you do if you happened to observe someone intending to push the nuke button which would, without doubt, lead to the horrible deaths of thousands of people?

You have a loaded gun in your hand.