Over 10,000 COVID-19 Infections Recorded in Americans Who Received Vaccine

marke

This is not good news for anyone desperately wanting the unproven new vaccines to be safe and successful.

More than 10,000 COVID-19 infections among people who are fully vaccinated against the disease have been reported to a U.S. health agency by states.
Through April 30, 10,262 so-called breakthrough infections were reported from 46 U.S. states and territories to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Breakthrough cases refer to cases appearing two or more weeks after a person’s final shot. That’s primarily the second Pfizer or Moderna dose, but can be the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Of the cases, more than six in 10 occurred in females, with the median patient age being 58, according to a new report from the CDC, which stopped counting breakthrough infections as of May 1, except for those that cause hospitalization or death.
Approximately 10 percent of the patients required hospital care, and 160, or about 1.5 percent, died.

marke

Therefore- what? Did anybody claim that the vaccines were 100% effective?
It is obvious the vaccines are not 100% safe and effective, but at least the majority of those taking the vaccine don't get sick, just like the majority of those who do not take the vaccine don't get sick.

marke

Hello? There are published numbers on how effective the various vaccines are. Go look it up.
Preliminary tracking has the safety and efficiency of the vaccines quite high, but those preliminary results are limited by the fact that data is limited and the length of time periods of tests has been quite limited.

chair

It is obvious the vaccines are not 100% safe and effective, but at least the majority of those taking the vaccine don't get sick, just like the majority of those who do not take the vaccine don't get sick.
It's not "just like". The Pfizer vaccine, for example, is about 95% effective, meaning that you are 20 times less likely to get sick if you've been vaccinated as not.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's not "just like". The Pfizer vaccine, for example, is about 95% effective, meaning that you are 20 times less likely to get sick if you've been vaccinated as not.
I've not been vaccinated, and the likelihood of getting sick for me has been zero, so far.

"20 times less likely" than zero is still zero

On the other hand, the likelihood of getting sick as a reaction to the vaccination is non-zero 🤔

chair

I've not been vaccinated, and the likelihood of getting sick for me has been zero, so far.

"20 times less likely" than zero is still zero

On the other hand, the likelihood of getting sick as a reaction to the vaccination is non-zero 🤔

Please find someone you trust to explain basic statistics to you.

Have a nice day.

marke

I don't believe science proves that a vaccine that has only been studied for 6 months will reduce someone's chance of getting covid by 20 times.

way 2 go

link
8÷21720 = 3.68 x100=.03 in Pfzier/BioNTe
162÷21726=.007 x100=.74 placebo

.74 - .03= .71

pfizer vaccine .7% absolute risk reduction

relative risk reduction
is for advertising