OSAS

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He said "I never knew you" so they were never saved...this is your condition, you have done nothing but evil since you became religious...your husband was your first victim.

Still you can't think of one person who you love.

Tot.

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Jas 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think anyone would argue that 'faith' without works is dead. Genuine, living faith has within it the dynamic and will to DO as that faith inspires. Faith begets ACTION, ...naturally. Hence James is right, understanding faith and its dynamic.

True, regardless of being a Jew or a Gentile by race.

LA

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I believe God keeps those He has, but I also believe a man in love doesn't have to tell you that he is, so the works portion is a bit moot for me. I don't do out of a sense of impending doom should I fail to do, but I do because I love God and loving God desire to find my pleasure in His pleasure.

Zeke

I don't think anyone would argue that 'faith' without works is dead. Genuine, living faith has within it the dynamic and will to DO as that faith inspires. Faith begets ACTION, ...naturally. Hence James is right, understanding faith and its dynamic.

Yet a seed of what ever generic strain being considered is a mute point really, wheat,corn,rye,barley, etc.....don't wonder who they are.

Did James have something to prove to!!!

glorydaz

I believe God keeps those He has, but I also believe a man in love doesn't have to tell you that he is, so the works portion is a bit moot for me. I don't do out of a sense of impending doom should I fail to do, but I do because I love God and loving God desire to find my pleasure in His pleasure.

Amen, as opposed to all those who fret and fear and point fingers and obsess about what is being done or not done. They think on those things without ceasing.

Those with assurance of salvation have a peace that passes all understanding, and we think on other things entirely.

Philippians 4:7-8
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

IMJerusha

Amen, as opposed to all those who fret and fear and point fingers and obsess about what is being done or not done. They think on those things without ceasing.

Those with assurance of salvation have a peace that passes all understanding, and we think on other things entirely.

Have you seen all your reports in the Woodshed? You don't seem very peaceful.

OSAS?...Scripture doesn't support it. Yes, folks can pull bits of Scripture out of context to support it but Scripture needs to be taken fully, not picked through with an agenda in mind.

It's funny how you bolster Town with an "Amen" as you vehemently argued with me when I made the same point back in the Forgiveness Without Repentance thread. (Not that I have a problem with you bolstering Town when he's right about something.)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

OSAS?...Scripture doesn't support it. Yes, folks can pull bits of Scripture out of context to support it but Scripture needs to be taken fully, not picked through with an agenda in mind.

you get a star today IMJ !!!!! ;)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Exactly - good post IMJ !! - agendas indeed.

IMJerusha

It's true that people show forth fruit with a willing and loving heart but it is important to remember Yeshua's caviat: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's true that people show forth fruit with a willing and loving heart but it is important to remember Yeshua's caviat: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21
I think that's a warning in part to you, IMJ, who call him Lord but deny the fundamental truth that he is God.

IMJerusha

I think that's a warning in part to you, IMJ, who call him Lord but deny the fundamental truth that he is God.

Please don't put words in my mouth or flat out lie about me. I don't appreciate it and it's beneath you. What I deny is that Yeshua is the Father and the reason for that is simple, Yeshua never claimed to be the Father. He said He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. So, when people declare that Yeshua is God, they can ONLY be stating that in the context of Yeshua's Words.