OSAS

God's Truth

God won't be mocked. If a person sins then he will reap destruction, and the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life.

8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

nikolai_42

Why? Because some do not take correction, because they stop having faith in God.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Jesus, in John 10, is speaking in the completed sense (His sheep know His voice and will never follow another). Paul is often speaking in the immediate sense (right now...what is your approach to God?). If you accept both Jesus and Paul as authoritative, then that's the only way to read these passages consistently. Unless you want the absurdity that someone can actually change identity multiple times.

Sheep...no - goat!....now sheep....now goat...Sheep!...goat!

Neither you nor God seem to know what you are - or what you will be! Or if God knows, He's not going to tell you. Stark contrast to the assurance and simplicity found here :

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

John 10:1-5

The sheep has no intention of disobeying his Master. None. The sheep may be dumb and wayward - but there is not a bit of guile in his actions. He knows his Shepherd and follows Him. And if he goes astray, the Shepherd finds him and brings him.

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luke 15:4-7

When was that sheep ever a goat? And notice how Jesus makes it clear that Him bringing the sheep back signifies repentance...

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So then, you admit that they have to accept correction.

Not everyone accepts correction. If they did, then why are we being warned? If they did, they why do many live as sinners, yet say they believe in God?

It is your own guilty soul howling in all your posts, it is YOU being warned...we are into the good things that belong to salvation

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God won't be mocked. If a person sins then he will reap destruction, and the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life.

8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

It has already been stated that God will not be mocked.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus, in John 10, is speaking in the completed sense (His sheep know His voice and will never follow another). Paul is often speaking in the immediate sense (right now...what is your approach to God?). If you accept both Jesus and Paul as authoritative, then that's the only way to read these passages consistently. Unless you want the absurdity that someone can actually change identity multiple times.

Sheep...no - goat!....now sheep....now goat...Sheep!...goat!

Neither you nor God seem to know what you are - or what you will be! Or if God knows, He's not going to tell you. Stark contrast to the assurance and simplicity found here :

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

John 10:1-5

The sheep has no intention of disobeying his Master. None. The sheep may be dumb and wayward - but there is not a bit of guile in his actions. He knows his Shepherd and follows Him. And if he goes astray, the Shepherd finds him and brings him.

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luke 15:4-7

When was that sheep ever a goat? And notice how Jesus makes it clear that Him bringing the sheep back signifies repentance...

So are you saved?

nikolai_42

Are you saved?

When did the thread become a question about some specific person's salvation? Those threads usually get nasty.

But I will say that if I am saved, I am secure in Him. But I also don't like displeasing my Master. The words the saved one looks forward to hearing are these :

...Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Matthew 25:23

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you are saved, you will be with God in His kingdom.

This is second life.

You should not be asking this kind of question if you are true Jesus' followers.

You'll never make it if you wait till you die shackles...you haven't made it yet have you? you seethe with hatred for everyone, that can't be right.

If you were a sheep of God's pasture you would be in His flock....are you in His flock? doesn't He drive you out from among His sheep?

Second life is not looking very good for you shackles

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You'll never make it if you wait till you die shackles...you haven't made it yet have you? you seethe with hatred for everyone, that can't be right.

If you were a sheep of God's pasture you would be in His flock....are you in His flock? doesn't He drive you out from among His sheep?

Second life is not looking very good for you shackles

You are clearly goat.

Jesus' true followers don't slander any of His followers.

You are accuser of His followers.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How does my salvation (or supposed lack thereof) change what Jesus said?

I am making it clear that your doctrine is false.

There are too many so called true and saved Christians misrepresent Jesus with their doctrines and deeds.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit, not by what they claim or by their doctrines.