OSAS

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The churches are full of people such as yourself, and a false teacher up front that allows you to stay there.

That's what I said Jesus said love one another, love the brethren.

You don't , you are like shackles.

So in what is your much flouted obedience?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The churches are full of people such as yourself, and a false teacher up front that allows you to stay there.

With statements like that you show yourself unteachable.

Ephesians 4:10-12New King James Version (NKJV)

10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

GT, truly, is not teachable. Neither is Meshak. They're both cut out
of the same cloth.

God's Truth

You are no brethren in Christ.

You have done nothing but follow me around condemning me; you do not even reply to anything I say, you merely accuse, just like the accuser of the brethren.

nikolai_42

How do you ever get that it is dangerous?

I suppose "dangerous" is maybe too loaded of a word, but should we assume that Noah let out the Holy Spirit from the ark since in the NT that is the form the Holy Spirit took in descending upon Jesus?

Anyone can become the person Jesus saves.

What scripture shows this? When I read what Jesus says about sheep, I find an underlying identification that is unavoidable and seemingly unchangeable. That is, a sheep is a sheep is a sheep and a goat is a goat is a goat (even if dressed up like a sheep). Even before it goes astray, it's a sheep. Even after it goes astray it's a sheep. The point being that those who are His sheep follow Him and will not follow another. Even if they stray. And those that Jesus casts away? He says He never knew them. I won't say who (specifically) can and cannot be saved, but there is something deeper here at work that goes well beyond the will of man.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

I looked up "change" in that verse. The KJV renders it "be converted". The underlying Greek has it (in that verse) as a passive verb. In other words it happens to the person in question. The version you quoted implies it is the individual's responsibility to change.

Salvation has always been the same. It has always been that way. In the time of Adam and Eve, it was about believing and obeying God. In the time of Cain and Abel, it was about believing and obeying God. In the time of Noah, it was about believing and obeying God. In the time of Abraham, it was about believing and obeying God, in the time of Jesus, it was about believing and obeying God. In the time of Paul, it was about believing and obeying God. In our times now, it is about believing and obeying God.

But it is not about self-improvement. Self-change to be acceptable to God.

The scripture is about God’s people obeying, if they do not obey, it will be a dreadful thing.

Read carefully until you get up to the part about it being a dreadful thing.

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.
28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."
31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

If you read that as stronger than Jesus' statement about His sheep NOT following another, then you are resting in the law and threatenings to encourage obedience. One who is the Lord's knows this implicitly and is more concerned about obeying Him out of love - because God has changed him (or her). Unless ye be converted...

God's Truth

God through Paul said not to say I follow this man and that man.

Your churches you want me to join follow men, even your non denominations churches.

I do not have to join a church to be saved; I am part of the body of Christ.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You are no brethren in Christ.

You have done nothing but follow me around condemning me; you do not even reply to anything I say, you merely accuse, just like the accuser of the brethren.

It is YOU who accuse the brethren, you said the church is full of rascals and all the Pastors are rascals and so you refuse to join any of them.

Why not just be frank and honest and say that you HATE Jesu's brothers? just like shackles does

God's Truth

Do you want to know why we are told to gather together?

It is to SPUR EACH OTHER ON TO OBEY.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Oh how I love the Word of God!!!

God's Truth

It is YOU who accuse the brethren, you said the church is full of rascals and all the Pastors are rascals and so you refuse to join any of them.

Why not just be frank and honest and say that you HATE Jesu's brothers? just like shackles does

Just listen to yourself. You are just as hateful as Meshak.

nikolai_42

You are badly mistaken.
The scripture says to examine yourself, and you say there is a warning there about examining too efficiently!

Note my words - I didn't say too efficiently. My point was that if you are looking at yourself, you will find little to recommend yourself to God (if anything). You may reject Romans 7:18 as applicable here, but Hebrews 12:1-2 says our eyes are to be fixed on Jesus (no doubt you will agree).

So the conclusion is that the examination is as to faith - not as to my own righteousness.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Philippians 3:8-10

If a person has to examine themselves at all, then they are not saved. A believer ought to know if they are living through Jesus by obeying him

So Paul was telling the Corinthians that they weren't saved?

That scripture is about having to repent to be saved.
The Pharisee would not admit he had sinned, and therefore did not repent.

You always seem to be about the "doing". One cannot properly "do" unless one already "is". That repentance does not come as the result of a command, but out of a state of being. The sheep repents. The goat doesn't.

God's Truth

I suppose "dangerous" is maybe too loaded of a word, but should we assume that Noah let out the Holy Spirit from the ark since in the NT that is the form the Holy Spirit took in descending upon Jesus?
The Holy Spirit did NOT take the form of a dove.
The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus LIKE a dove.
What scripture shows this? When I read what Jesus says about sheep, I find an underlying identification that is unavoidable and seemingly unchangeable. That is, a sheep is a sheep is a sheep and a goat is a goat is a goat (even if dressed up like a sheep). Even before it goes astray, it's a sheep. Even after it goes astray it's a sheep. The point being that those who are His sheep follow Him and will not follow another. Even if they stray. And those that Jesus casts away? He says He never knew them. I won't say who (specifically) can and cannot be saved, but there is something deeper here at work that goes well beyond the will of man.
You seem oblivious to the fact that Jesus was speaking to Jews, Jews who knew they were to follow the rules and regulations.
Now think about it with that thought, and maybe you will have better understanding.
I looked up "change" in that verse. The KJV renders it "be converted". The underlying Greek has it (in that verse) as a passive verb. In other words it happens to the person in question. The version you quoted implies it is the individual's responsibility to change.
You believe false teachers who have showed you how to use the study of changing English from Greek and back to Greek to not believe what is written.
Jesus says unless you become as a child.
Why won’t you believe Jesus?

But it is not about self-improvement. Self-change to be acceptable to God.
Is that what you say to what Jesus says?
JESUS SAYS unless you become as a child YOU WILL NOT enter the kingdom of heaven.
If you read that as stronger than Jesus' statement about His sheep NOT following another, then you are resting in the law and threatenings to encourage obedience. One who is the Lord's knows this implicitly and is more concerned about obeying Him out of love - because God has changed him (or her). Unless ye be converted...
The Word of God SAYS 26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
all sin is deliberate, this is where your soul howls, you know that you still do things regarded as sin, you read that verse and are terrified that it means you are damned

THAT'S what you are howling about....

God's Truth

all sin is deliberate, this is where your soul howls, you know that you still do things regarded as sin, you read that verse and are terrified that it means you are damned

THAT'S what you are howling about....

No, accuser, I am not howling like a dog who does not now its father.

nikolai_42

The Holy Spirit did NOT take the form of a dove.
The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus LIKE a dove.

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luke 3:22

The point is that it looked so like a dove that it was described that way. Just as Israel was described as a heifer and followers of Jesus as sheep. That's all I'm trying to say. One does not necessarily carry over to the other.

You seem oblivious to the fact that Jesus was speaking to Jews, Jews who knew they were to follow the rules and regulations.
Now think about it with that thought, and maybe you will have better understanding.

He was talking about those that follow Him. Many Jews who followed the rules and regulations rejected Him. Again...I ask what scripture shows anyone can become a sheep even if they aren't already.

You believe false teachers who have showed you how to use the study of changing English from Greek and back to Greek to not believe what is written.
Jesus says unless you become as a child.
Why won’t you believe Jesus?

Because I simply read straight out of a Greek Grammar that gives the meaning of a word and the type of verb it is...I'm believing false teachers?? What if I instead quote the KJV that says the same thing :

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:3

I have no problem with requiring a change of heart, but we don't change our own hearts. We turn from what we know is wrong and the Lord does the rest in us. That's not changing ourselves.

Is that what you say to what Jesus says?
JESUS SAYS unless you become as a child YOU WILL NOT enter the kingdom of heaven.

And I don't get "self-improvement" or "change your heart" out of that. No.

The Word of God SAYS 26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

And if you believe what Jesus says, how can such a person be called a sheep?

God's Truth

I know my Father; I obey by honoring my Father.

John 8:49 "I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.