OSAS

meshak

BANNED
Banned
OSAS is self assurance.

You cannot claim to be saved because Jesus is the judge who will be saved or not.

This doctrine disregard Jesus' authority big time.

nikolai_42

that's your twisted version.

Jesus said His sheep follow His voice. In fact, earlier in the same chapter, Jesus said His sheep would NOT follow anyone else :

And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
John 10:5

You admitted that goats may dress up in sheep's clothing, but they are still goats. Likewise, sheeps are still sheep.

Conclusion : Someone who is ACTUALLY a sheep will NEVER follow another besides Jesus (this is right from scripture!).

So why is this not the foundation for OSAS?

God's Truth

Jesus said His sheep follow His voice. In fact, earlier in the same chapter, Jesus said His sheep would NOT follow anyone else :

And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
John 10:5

You admitted that goats may dress up in sheep's clothing, but they are still goats. Likewise, sheeps are still sheep.

Conclusion : Someone who is ACTUALLY a sheep will NEVER follow another besides Jesus (this is right from scripture!).

So why is this not the foundation for OSAS?

Sheep can become as heifers.

Sheep can be in God's hands, and it turn into a dreadful thing.

Hosea 4:6 The Israelites are stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Hebrews 10:31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Tell us, how do you think it could be a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Why don't you believe the scriptures?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

But who are the sheep? I am sure all Christians claim they are sheep.

Jesus may tell you "I never knew you" even you claim to be sheep.

nikolai_42

But who are the sheep? I am sure all Christians claim they are sheep.

Jesus may tell you "I never knew you" even you claim to be sheep.

That's the whole point! Just because someone claims to be a sheep doesn't make them one. But if they actually ARE a sheep, then they WON'T follow another. If someone actually IS a sheep, they ARE secure in Christ.

nikolai_42

Sheep can become as heifers.

Sheep can be in God's hands, and it turn into a dreadful thing.

Hosea 4:6 The Israelites are stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Hebrews 10:31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Tell us, how do you think it could be a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Why don't you believe the scriptures?

Only the Lord can make a lamb out of a heifer. And it is a fearful thing for anyone to fall into the hands of the Living God. But far better than being left to one's self...

God's Truth

Only the Lord can make a lamb out of a heifer. And it is a fearful thing for anyone to fall into the hands of the Living God. But far better than being left to one's self...

The Lord makes one a lamb when the person obeys God.

It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God when a saved one DISOBEYS.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Lord makes one a lamb when the person obeys God.

It is a dreadful think to fall into the hands of the Living God when a saved one DISOBEYS.

Why?

Proverbs 3:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights.

God's Truth

Why?

Proverbs 3:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights.

Why? Because some do not take correction, because they stop having faith in God.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why? Because some do not take correction, because they stop having faith in God.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Then they will be under the rod until they accept correction.

God's Truth

Then they will be under the rod until they accept correction.

So then, you admit that they have to accept correction.

Not everyone accepts correction. If they did, then why are we being warned? If they did, they why do many live as sinners, yet say they believe in God?