ECT OSAS Col 3:3

StanJ

Hi , and just explain what Acts 19:1-7 is saying ??

#1 , Did it save them ?

#2 , What kind of Baptism is it ?

#3 , Are't there 2 KINDS of Baptisms , HERE ?

#4 If you say NO , YOU better read again !!

Explain each one

Do you really NOT understand the account?

1. NO...they were already saved.
  2. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit and Fire Matt 3:11 (NIV)
  3. Apparently there was in the NT and still today.
  4. If I say no to what?

DAN P

4. If I say no to what?

Hi and anyone who knows theology , could answer , BUT you can NOT and does not surprise me !!:first::first:

dan p

StanJ

Hi and anyone who knows theology , could answer , BUT you can NOT and does not surprise me

Supercilious comments like this only show you are a religious hypocrite with NO knowledge whatsoever of proper Biblical Exegesis. When you post you should be able to defend your POV and not flame others, but obviously you can't, so it's rather fruitless and unproductive to respond to you at all.

DAN P

4. If I say no to what?

Hi , and the First , is the Not the Greek word Baptizo but thr Greek BAPTISMA , so why the Difference ?

The other BAPTIZO , in Acts 19:5 is different and you do not see the difference !!

I see that verse 6 is going RIGHT over your head !!::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Take off your Pentecostal glasses !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
The gospel/good news is Jesus, who IS my savior.
Who Jesus is, is not the gospel of your salvation. The WHY of the cross is and it's called the gospel of Christ/ the word of truth/ the gospel of your salvation!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Has there ever been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord believing IT as the power of God to save you?

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

StanJ

Hi , and the First , is the Not the Greek word Baptizo but thr Greek BAPTISMA , so why the Difference ?

The other BAPTIZO , in Acts 19:5 is different and you do not see the difference !!

I see that verse 6 is going RIGHT overe your head !!:

Take off your Pentecostal glasses !!

Just more proof you have NO idea about the Greek or even English for that matter. Matt 3:11 (NIV) reads the first 'baptize', as baptizō, and the second as baptisei.

The first connotes being baptised in water and the second connotes being baptised in the Holy Spirit. As it is obvious you DON'T know Greek or even how to properly study it, I suggest you just use a modern English Bible and read what actual credentialed Greek scholars have translated.

As I showed it was about receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit AFTER salvation, your must be on LSD or something?

Take your bigoted views on Pentecostals somewhere else Dan. You just make people of your own denom look really bad. BTW, what denom is that?

StanJ

Who Jesus is, is not the gospel of your salvation. The WHY of the cross is and it's called the gospel of Christ/ the word of truth/ the gospel of your salvation!
1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Has there ever been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord believing IT as the power of God to save you?
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What or who was Paul preaching? Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. 1 Cor 2:2 (NIV)

According to the Evangelical Dictionary of Theology edited by Walter Elwell, "the gospel is the joyous proclamation of God's redemptive activity in Christ Jesus on behalf of man enslaved by sin."
Another usage of the term is to refer to specific books in the Bible that set forth the life and teaching of Jesus, for example the Gospel of Matthew, etc.

Fairly simple, if you don't have any preconceived notions.

DAN P

Just more proof you have NO idea about the Greek or even English for that matter. Matt 3:11 (NIV) reads the first 'baptize', as baptizō, and the second as baptisei.

The first connotes being baptised in water and the second connotes being baptised in the Holy Spirit. As it is obvious you DON'T know Greek or even how to properly study it, I suggest you just use a modern English Bible and read what actual credentialed Greek scholars have translated.

As I showed it was about receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit AFTER salvation, your must be on LSD or something?

Take your bigoted views on Pentecostals somewhere else Dan. You just make people of your own denom look really bad. BTW, what denom is that?

Hi and we were talking about Acts 19:1-7 and are doing the HERRING , Bait and Switch , so which are goind to examine or are going to swich on me again ??:hammer::hammer:

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
What or who was Paul preaching?
I posed a question and you didn't answer.

According to the Evangelical Dictionary of Theology edited by Walter Elwell,
No need to go there when we have all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). Let's let IT be our final authority.
Fairly simple, if you don't have any preconceived notions.
There is a power at work to complicate (Ephesians 2:2 KJV) the simplicity that is in Christ. I'm hoping your mind has not been corrupted by such (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV). Answering questions is the quickest way to find out. Can you, please answer my last post to you?

:)

StanJ

Hi and we were talking about Acts 19:1-7 and are doing the HERRING , Bait and Switch , so which are goind to examine or are going to swich on me again ?

Both actually, if you took the time to read post 101 and my response to you carefully and not blurt out the first thing that pops into your mind.

I've dealt with both, so respond in kind.

StanJ

I posed a question and you didn't answer.

Deliberately cutting out my actual answer doesn't mean I didn't, and I find this kind of tactic very telling.

No need to go there when we have all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). Let's let IT be our final authority.

No problem, but you wanted to know what "gospel" meant and I showed you. IMO, it IS clearly defined in scripture., however 2 Tim3:16-17 (NIV) is not where it is. The word is used 92 times in the NT, and it always refers to the Good News of Jesus Christ. If you don't agree, read John 20:30-31 (NIV)

There is a power at work to complicate (Ephesians 2:2 KJV) the simplicity that is in Christ. I'm hoping your mind has not been corrupted by such (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV). Answering questions is the quickest way to find out. Can you, please answer my last post to you?

I agree, but if you read the whole section of Eph 2:1-10 (NIV), you will see that because of God's love and the Good News of Jesus, we can ALL be saved as Paul was proclaiming.

Yes I agree that in 2 Cor 13, Paul is teaching about being deceived once or after being saved, and that there still are many false teachers out there today. Paul said what will happen to them in v15..."Their end will be what their actions deserve."

DAN P

Both actually, if you took the time to read post 101 and my response to you carefully and not blurt out the first thing that pops into your mind.

I've dealt with both, so respond in kind.

Hi and you did not respond , and slipped in Matt 3:11 !!

How were they of Acts 19:1-7 SAVED ?

Explain ??

You mentioned the N.T. and what is that ?

DAN P

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I am TOTALLY assured, and it's normal to SHOW what you know and not just deny someone else's exegesis. Please, feel free to try and refute me.

try me - fresh start - i won't go back and read your posts. make the same points anew, with me and watch me refute you as needed -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Deliberately cutting out my actual answer doesn't mean I didn't, and I find this kind of tactic very telling.

No problem, but you wanted to know what "gospel" meant and I showed you. IMO, it IS clearly defined in scripture., however 2 Tim3:16-17 (NIV) is not where it is. The word is used 92 times in the NT, and it always refers to the Good News of Jesus Christ. If you don't agree, read John 20:30-31 (NIV)

by all means, spend your time COUNTING words

I agree, but if you read the whole section of Eph 2:1-10 (NIV), you will see that because of God's love and the Good News of Jesus, we can ALL be saved as Paul was proclaiming.

Yes I agree that in 2 Cor 13, Paul is teaching about being deceived once or after being saved, and that there still are many false teachers out there today. Paul said what will happen to them in v15..."Their end will be what their actions deserve."

actually i don't need to read your drivel and didn't - we see your kind all the time. according to PPS you are THE MOST OBJECTIONABLE INTERNET PERSONALITY OF ALL TIMES - i see glimpses of that now - lonely, bored, bitter, angry and you need an outlet to argue - have a blast, i will not respond, and i encourage all others to REFUTE YOU -

StanJ

Hi and you did not respond , and slipped in Matt 3:11 !!
How were they of Acts 19:1-7 SAVED ?
Explain ??
You mentioned the N.T. and what is that ?

Yes I did, in that very post, and it was in DIRECT answer to your initial 4 points and in fact point 2 of that post. You need to keep track of your own posts.
You don't know what the New Testament is?

StanJ

actually i don't need to read your drivel and didn't - we see your kind all the time. according to PPS you are THE MOST OBJECTIONABLE INTERNET PERSONALITY OF ALL TIMES - i see glimpses of that now - lonely, bored, bitter, angry and you need an outlet to argue - have a blast, i will not respond, and i encourage all others to REFUTE YOU -

Well if you find PPS acceptable then you're right, we WON'T discuss a thing. This little rant shows EXACTLY what you are...a child.

DAN P

Yes I did, in that very post, and it was in DIRECT answer to your initial 4 points and in fact point 2 of that post. You need to keep track of your own posts.
You don't know what the New Testament is?

If you mentioned it , why do you not know what TESTAMENT / DIATHEKE means ?

Your answers are MOOT , with no understanding , don't you see !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

StanJ

If you mentioned it , why do you not know what TESTAMENT / DIATHEKE means ?
Your answers are MOOT , with no understanding , don't you see !!

What I see more and more is that you have no idea what is in the Bible.
Certainly not the word BIBLE, or OLD TESTAMENT or NEW TESTAMENT.

So what exactly is the game you're trying play...just word games?
If so, move along and don't bother me.

:loser:

heir

TOL Subscriber

What is telling is that when someone asks you:

"Has there ever been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord believing IT as the power of God to save you?"

you gave a theological dictionary definition instead of actually answering the question. Very telling, indeed!

No problem, but you wanted to know what "gospel" meant and I showed you.
Contrariwise!

So then, what is the gospel of your salvation?

The gospel/good news is Jesus, who IS my savior.

The gospel of Christ/the word of truth is the gospel of my salvation. I hope it's yours, but if there has never been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord believing IT, you're lost. :/ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).