Open Closure

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I was under the impression that AMR does believe that GOD will keep His oath to Israel and that they will be restored.
But I could have misunderstood.
Have you found something where AMR says otherwise?

Yes mam...

I'll try to find it... and I'll quote it... but... I asked if He supports the Jews and literal Israel and He answered ...

Paraphrasing here... "He rarely speaks about "political" matters.

Also... he's been supporting the SI doctrine with some of his "Thanks"

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION]... Here is Chair catching [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] spewing replacement theology in his verbose manner... Chair catching AMR in the act.

I'll drop a mention before each new link I drop here.

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] ... here's me responding to AMR and linking how I called Mr. Religion's stance out on the matter... there are sub links within this post that link to my journey to the findings on this matter. Link Here

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] , link to the "Political" comment... Link Here

I think that's enough to nail the matter down.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Like I told you already elsewhere, (by your interpretation of that passage), you again make yourself out to be equal with God Almighty. You did not care about that and in fact confessed that you believe the Father is your brother. If you had not cherry picked that passage and given it a special pleading understanding then you would not be saying what you do. But I'm not obligated to play your games: that passage has already been well expounded, not just by me but by quite a few. There are other related passages right in the same Gospel account which you have ignored so as to force your own private interpretation and understanding upon the John 10:36 passage you quoted: see if you can find the other passage or passages on your own, (it's called studying the Word, whom you claim to know and love).

Nope... you're Mr. Striving to be like the Almighty... instead of accepting His "free" gift.

Isaiah 14:14

# Double Whoopsie

daqq

Nope... you're Mr. Striving to be like the Almighty... instead of accepting His "free" gift.

Isaiah 14:14

# Double Whoopsie

Lol, another false accusation, and as usual, coming from one who does not even recognize the Gospel of John when it is quoted in portions without chapter and verse numbering:

Hear, O Yisrael. The Testimony of Yeshua is he that descended from the heavens: a man can receive nothing if it is not given him from the heavens. Anyone not receiving the Testimony of Yeshua can therefore receive nothing. The one coming from above is over the whole. The one that is of the earth is of the earth, and speaks of the earth: the one coming from the heavens is over the whole. What he has seen and heard, of that he testifies; and there is none other who shall receive his Testimony. The one receiving his Testimony sets his seal that Elohim is true: for the one whom Elohim has sent speaks the words of Elohim, for Elohim does not give the Spirit by measure. The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. The one who is faithfully trusting into the Son has life aionion: but the one who is willfully disobediently disbelieving the Son shall not see life, contrariwise, the wrath of Elohim abides upon him. If you will not receive the Testimony of Yeshua then you receive nothing.

Jn. 10:30; 20:28; 8:58

#Mehhh... Just go ahead and tear the entire book of John out of your bible.

# You're problem is partially solved.

images

Too much time at Youbube and me-me-generator while ignoring the Word you claim to love. :chuckle:

:sheep:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Lol, another false accusation, and as usual, coming from one who does not even recognize the Gospel of John when it is quoted in portions without chapter and verse numbering:

Too much time at Youbube and me-me-generator while ignoring the Word you claim to love. :chuckle:

:sheep:

It goes back to this Isaiah 14:14

Once upon an appointed time there were two sisters, twins, and they had both developed a lump in the same place. So they went to the Doctor, and after having done his diagnostics on them, the Doctor said to them, Both of you have cancer, and this is urgent: both of you need to go immediately under the knife so this plague can be removed. And the twins looked at each other, and looking back at the Physician, they answered at the same time, saying, We are free of all such things, and are no more under the knife, for we have been set free from all things concerning knives and death. Then the Physician, scratching his head, looked down at their charts, and answered them both, saying, Having looked at both of your charts, I must say, neither of you have ever been under the knife according to what is recorded in your charts. And again, this is urgent, the cancer must be removed before it begins to spread and ends up killing both of you. I know the knife can be fearful but it is the only option if you want to live. So there was a pause, and silence, as the two looked at each other once more for confirmation one from another; and the one turns to the Physician, and says, Okay Doc, I know that you know what you are doing, and your track record is perfect, so I trust you; I will place my life in your hands and go under the knife. But the other drew back in fear, saying, I will wait to see what happens with my sister. So the next day the one enters the hospital and puts herself and her life into the hands of the Physician to undergo the knife. But during the procedure she actually ended up dying, that is, for about three and a half minutes she was clinically dead, but the Surgeon and his team of seven revived her. And she recovered, and after about three and a half days she left the hospital, on her own two feet; and she made a full recovery being made completely whole, and cancer free. But meanwhile the other, having seen what had happened to her sister, refused to go under the knife; not trusting the Great Physician. And within six months that one died of her plagues. And she is not coming back because she refused to put her trust in the Physician and allow herself go under the knife to remove her plagues. So they both died but the one who faithfully trusted, and put her life into the hands of the Great Physician; she now lives, though she died.

"Under the Knife" = "Under the Law" :Shimei:
[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] ,
giphy.gif

Daqq,

Beautiful story.

But the Great Physician is Jesus, and He took the cancer and died from it for both of the twins.

Turns out the twins were trying to go under the knife of Moses, when they should have dialed 1-800-The-LAMB

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

My point?

tell-me-more-jusw7q.jpg

God is standing by [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION]... pick up the phone... that's 1-800-THE-LAMB.

daqq

What you quoted from myself is indeed related to that passage but it goes back to your not willing to believe Paul in Galatians 4:1-2. Nope, instead of having the faithfulness and patience of the saints you went ahead and proclaimed yourself a son before your appointed time. You're a son alright, of something. :crackup:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What you quoted from myself is indeed related to that passage but it goes back to your not willing to believe Paul in Galatians 4:1-2. Nope, instead of having the faithfulness and patience of the saints you went ahead and proclaimed yourself a son before your appointed time. You're a son alright, of something. :crackup:

Spawned... born and bred... and She's wonderful... I Love My Mommy.

I Love My Mom and you know the masculine form... right?

I'll be a Richard to you (Ala Doc Holiday)... You've earned it.

What do ya say... Johnny Ringo?

giphy.gif

Galatians 3:26 ... Tense Daqq? "Are Sons". Hmmm... Warmimg up the old Jehovah's Witness Scrambler?

giphy.gif

tell-me-more-jusw7q.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one can abide in Christ and He abide in them, through the indwelling of His Spirit, and not live an obedient life,
You and I are in Christ, and we still sin.
That's not an obedient life.
But there is one you can rely on that did have an obedient life. (Romans 5:18-19)

for it is Christ's life that now lives in them. Galatians 2:20
Let me ask you this in all sincerity .....
Do you control Christ's life in you?
Is it you that holds Him back or lets Him loose, so to speak?

I ask because it seems as if some believe that they are the ones responsible for whether they let Christ live through them or not.
Or to put another way, they seem to think that when they do good things, it was them letting Christ live through them; but when they do bad things, it was them holding Christ back from living through them.

I just don't believe I control Christ living in me.
For me to even TRY to control it would be rather arrogant and quite frankly, futile.

So again, I never put two where scripture says I should put one. (Romans 5:18-19)
It is the life of Christ, not my own, that accomplishes everything I need (salvation, justification, sanctification, etc.) that makes me a new creature.

I'm not asking for any official Calvinist doctrine on this, but your own personal view of whether the BOC has the ability to prod or hinder the life of Christ in them.

daqq

@daqq ,
giphy.gif

My point?

tell-me-more-jusw7q.jpg

God is standing by @daqq... pick up the phone... that's 1-800-THE-LAMB.

More false accusations and insinuations: post a quote where I ever said Ephesians 2:8 isn't good enough for me. And why do you feel you need a giant poster of Gene Wilder to say it for you with such fanfare it is to the point of obfuscation and distraction? You are clearly out of what you imagine as "ammunition" in a so-called "war" that is playing out nowhere else but in the recesses of your own mind. Your appeals to Youbube, me-me-generator, makea-me-me, and hashtag I-I-I-Evil-Eye-Me-My-I are not going to change anything: you're merely taking up large amounts of space to post image files and video clips of what are apparently your favorite idols from Hollywood. It is getting old and ugly watching you self-destruct. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
More false accusations and insinuations: post a quote where I ever said Ephesians 2:8 isn't good enough for me. And why do you feel you need a giant poster of Gene Wilder to say it for you with such fanfare it is to the point of obfuscation and distraction? You are clearly out of what you imagine as "ammunition" in a so-called "war" that is playing out nowhere else but in the recesses of your own mind. Your appeals to Youbube, me-me-generator, makea-me-me, and hashtag I-I-I-Evil-Eye-Me-My-I are not going to change anything: you're merely taking up large amounts of space to post image files and video clips of what are apparently your favorite idols from Hollywood. It is getting old and ugly watching you self-destruct. :)

Great... please explain The Gospel to me.

How are you "saved" Daqq?

# Use spoiler format to save space please. If you quote those pics... It would help conserve "space". : )

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You and I are in Christ, and we still sin.
That's not an obedient life.

Agreed, we remain sinful creatures, but we are no longer held in bondage to sin as prior to our redemption. We have, through the Holy Spirit, the new capacity to repent of our sins and crucify our old flesh nature.

But there is one you can rely on that did have an obedient life. (Romans 5:18-19)

Indeed. And we have His life in us, through His Holy Spirit, that enables us to continue the works of Spirit, in His name, and to His glory.

Let me ask you this in all sincerity .....
Do you control Christ's life in you?
Is it you that holds Him back or lets Him loose, so to speak?

No, I believe that my faith is active, only because of His presence. By nature, I am sinful, but by reliance upon His abiding in me, I am able to repent of my natural inclinations.

I do not consider repentance to be of my own "control," but rather, turning away from sin is a new inclination and desire of heart. IOW's any act of obedience on my part, is a gift from God and evidenced of the indwelling of His Spirit within my soul.

I ask because it seems as if some believe that they are the ones responsible for whether they let Christ live through them or not.

As a Calvinist, I believe it was God's choosing to redeem me and abide within me. I never would have chosen He do so, for I did not possess faith or belief, until He acted and changed my heart to love Him.

Or to put another way, they seem to think that when they do good things, it was them letting Christ live through them; but when they do bad things, it was them holding Christ back from living through them.

I believe Christians can quench the Holy Spirit at times. Temporarily.

I do not believe Christians should ever take credit for doing good. Obedience is the fruit and evidence of the Holy Spirit. As is faithfulness.

I just don't believe I control Christ living in me.
For me to even TRY to control it would be rather arrogant and quite frankly, futile.

So again, I never put two where scripture says I should put one. (Romans 5:18-19)
It is the life of Christ, not my own, that accomplishes everything I need (salvation, justification, sanctification, etc.) that makes me a new creature.

I would call this "resting" in Christ, which is commendable and biblical. My concern is an attitude of non-change; non-repentance and neglect of care for Christ's commands, that MADists exhibit. It is the core principle of trusting in "once saved; always saved," and making it an excuse to continue in a sin pattern or disobedient life style.

I'm not asking for any official Calvinist doctrine on this, but your own personal view of whether the BOC has the ability to prod or hinder the life of Christ in them.

My personal view of Sanctification (holy living), is that it is monergistic, just as Justification (forgiveness) is monergistic. I do not believe Sanctification is a synergistic cooperation between man and God, but holy living comes strictly because Christ abides within.

Nevertheless, because the law of sin remains in us, we can resist God's leading and at times quench the Holy Spirit. But not for long or permanently.

Jesus Christ is our head and He controls us (thankfully!). . individually, and as His spiritual body. He promises to keep us and protect us, even from mistakes, failures, and our foolish inclinations, until the very end.

Repentance and obedience reflect His presence in us. They put no feathers in our cap, but instead are meant to witness to His righteousness and glory. And because we love Him, and want to glorify Him, we will want to turn from sin and live a holy life, too.

This verse comes to mind as I type this: Matthew 10:33

To my mind, neglect of obeying Christ's commands, is to deny Jesus Christ in our lives.

And His command (yoke) is easy . . we are simply to do the will of the Father (Matthew 7:21-23), as we are taught in the Ten Commandments. This part of God's moral Law is eternal.

Reactions: Lon

daqq

Great... please explain The Gospel to me.

How are you "saved" Daqq?

# Use spoiler format to save space please. If you quote those pics... It would help conserve "space". : )

Lol, I've already shown you in manifold ways and you have not believed me.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Lol, I've already shown you in manifold ways and you have not believed me.

How about I do it in a complete work up, but point out how simple this is...

Abraham is shown that "God will provide the saccrifice"... Abe gets righteousness by "faith".

God promises Israel that He is its sole Deliverer and gives prophecy of His manifestation in flesh, while simultaneously giving Israel a covenant that cannot be "kept" by anyone but God... That's Promise (Covenant)

God is the WORD... and the Word becomes "Flesh" as prophesied. God with us Fulfills the Obedience portion of the covenant for Israel and is partially accepted by Israel, but also rejected.

God ascends in Corperal form to the third heaven, but not before revealining that the "Father" has set a time for the "Liberation of National Israel" and the establishment of "His" eternal throne.

Pentecost to Jews... Kingdom Gospel set... Peter becomes the central minister for this. (Messiah is the Focus)

Steven is stoned and Christ rejecting Israel solidifies their "blindness" to Christ.

Saul hears YHWH... who identifies Himself as "Yeshua"... (Blinded by the Glory of God)

Saul becomes Paul and the central minister for the Gentiles. (Focus on Grace through Faith in Jesus)

Age of Gentile Church (BOC) is born... Ancestoral promises to Israel remain... Romans 11:25-36

When will Jesus bring the Blind Jews back to sight? (Romans 11:25 and Luke 21:24)

What does this mean for all in a nutshell?

Ephesians 2:8; 2 Cor. 5:20-21; Romans 4:3-5; 1 Cor. 1:17

And... ta da

[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] are you saved by Grace from Faith? Period...?

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would call this "resting" in Christ, which is commendable and biblical.
Me too.
I like rest!

My concern is an attitude of non-change; non-repentance and neglect of care for Christ's commands, that MADists exhibit. It is the core principle of trusting in "once saved; always saved," and making it an excuse to continue in a sin pattern or disobedient life style.
***posts are getting long, so I will just address this point for now***

I don't see how you can claim that MADs exhibit neglect or have "made an excuse to continue in sin", when you have just agreed that we both still continue to sin.

I mean, it's like you are saying:

Tambora continues to sin - with excuse.
Nang continues to sin - without excuse.

Whether one thinks they have excuse or not will not change the fact that we both still sin.
Since our sins are excused, I see no reason to doubt we have that excuse. Although I would use the word liberty instead of excuse (although I suppose both could technically mean about the same).

Even Paul tells us that just because we do have the licence/liberty/excuse to sin, we still should try to curb it in order to live more orderly and peaceable with others in this fallen world.
Galatians 5:13 KJV​
(13) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.​

liberty
unrestrained freedom
license

You've got to have that liberty before you can be told not to use that liberty in a stupid fashion.

We both have that same liberty/license/excuse for sin, so to say that it's MADs that make that liberty/license to themselves is not true at all.
It is GOD that gave us that liberty/license/excuse.

And I have always liked this analogy:
Just because the law of speed limits no longer applies to you so you are given the freedom/license/excuse to drive any speed, anywhere, does not mean that it will be beneficial to drive 120 mph through a busy school zone.
Our sins still have consequences for us in this life in the flesh, but has no consequences for us concerning salvation.

And it has to be that way if indeed no sin can separate us from the BOC.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't see how you can claim that MADs exhibit neglect or have "made an excuse to continue in sin", when you have just agreed that we both still continue to sin.

Clarification: I agreed that we still sin. I did not agree to ~continual~ sin. Urging obedient and holy living is the opposite to continuous sin. Sanctification is the means and process of conquering continual sin. Continual sin is an unrepentant practice of sin, which scripture forbids. I John 3:4-9

The only remedy for continual sin is the practice of righteousness. I John 3:10

We all are capable of committing sin, but it should not be the norm or our habitual practice.

Since our sins are excused, I see no reason to doubt we have that excuse. Although I would use the word liberty instead of excuse (although I suppose both could technically mean about the same).

I think of "freed" when I read about liberty. By the grace of God, we have been freed from bondage to sin and enslavement to serving the devil. We have been repurchased and freed through divine redemption, and justified (forgiven) through faith in Christ, so that we can continually practice and serve righteousness instead of sin. Romans 3:21-26

Even Paul tells us that just because we do have the licence/liberty/excuse to sin, we still should try to curb it in order to live more orderly and peaceable with others in this fallen world.
Galatians 5:13 KJV​
(13) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.​

Amen . . .

We both have that same liberty/license/excuse for sin, so to say that it's MADs that make that liberty/license to themselves is not true at all.
It is GOD that gave us that liberty/license/excuse.

I do not believe saving grace is an excuse to continue in sin. It is grace that sets us free to be holy as God is holy, and serve (continually) His righteousness.

Our sins still have consequences for us in this life in the flesh, but has no consequences for us concerning salvation.

I with you, do not think a believer can lose their salvation because of sin, but I also do not think a believer has any "excuse" to practice sin. Rather, a Christian will experience great remorse and repentance when they find a sin is dominant in their life. The indwelling Holy Spirit will convict the believer of any continual practice of sin . . that is His commission and purpose to glorify God in them. (John 16:8-14)

What concerns me mostly about the MAD teaching, are the discouragements given against living righteously. It is almost made out to be a sin, to act in any way in accordance with the will and word (LAW) of God. Faith must be passive, not active, or it is considered by MADists to be good works, and a denial of grace.

Any activity of Holy living, formal worship, study outside restricted portions of Scripture, study of church history and languages, or "doing" anything is made out to be wrong .

How can Christians witness to and serve the righteousness of Jesus Christ, if they just sit on their ~laurels~ without turning from their sins or exhibit their love for God by living according to the will of the Father?

We are supposed to be the salt of the earth. What good are we if we lose our flavor? Matthew 5:13

What good is the spiritual light we have been given, if we hide it and continue to live in the dark just like unbelievers? Luke 11:33

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clarification: I agreed that we still sin. I did not agree to ~continual~ sin. Urging obedient and holy living is the opposite to continuous sin. Sanctification is the means and process of conquering continual sin. Continual sin is an unrepentant practice of sin, which scripture forbids. I John 3:4-9
If we are both still sinning, then we both are continuing to sin.
If we had completely stopped sinning then we would not be continuing to sin.
But we haven't stopped.
No one has.

In fact, I don't think it's a stretch to say that we sin every single day, and perhaps even multiple times a day.
Especially when you consider every single deed, every single word, and even every single thought.
That last one (every single thought) is a killer!

The only remedy for continual sin is the practice of righteousness. I John 3:10
Whoa!
That's by works. If it's by works then it is no longer grace.

Romans 4 KJV
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

We all are capable of committing sin,
Which means we do indeed continue to sin because no one has stopped sinning.

but it should not be the norm or our habitual practice.
Sure.

I think of "freed" when I read about liberty. By the grace of God, we have been freed from bondage to sin and enslavement to serving the devil. We have been repurchased and freed through divine redemption, and justified (forgiven) through faith in Christ, so that we can continually practice and serve righteousness instead of sin. Romans 3:21-26
I think of it the way Paul used it in the verse I quoted.
That we do indeed have the liberty to continue to sin (as we all do), but should be careful not to be stupid with that liberty.
"so that we can continually practice and serve righteousness instead of sin"​

But that's not what happens to us. We don't continually practice righteousness instead of sin.
We continue to do both.

I do not believe saving grace is an excuse to continue in sin.
Then you are sinning without an excuse/liberty/license.

It is grace that sets us free to be holy as God is holy, and serve (continually) His righteousness.
If we still sin, there is no way we CONTINUALLY serve righteousness.

I with you, do not think a believer can lose their salvation because of sin, but I also do not think a believer has any "excuse" to practice sin.
Excuse, liberty, license ----- no difference.
And yes, we do have that liberty/excuse/license, because the penalty for sinning has been completely paid by our Lord Jesus Christ.
Scripture says we do.
If we didn't have that liberty/license/excuse, then we couldn't be told not to use it to do stupid non-beneficial things.

What concerns me mostly about the MAD teaching, are the discouragements given against living righteously.
You're going to have to point me to who has discouraged right living.
:idunno:

I don't know of any MADs here that have ever discouraged right living.
All I have ever seen them say is that you cannot rely on your own meritorious living to save you.
Big difference.
And the reason we bring that up A LOT is because of all the knuckleheads that come to TOL and start telling the BOC that they cannot be saved unless they merit it with their behavior.
That's the opposite of grace.
Grace is unmerited.

It is almost made out to be a sin, to act in any way in accordance with the will and word (LAW) of God. Faith must be passive, not active, or it is considered by MADists to be good works, and a denial of grace.
Whoa.
MADs here never say that doing the right thing is a sin.
What we do point out continually to all those that want to live by the law instead of grace is that THEY will have to keep every jot and title of the law perfectly or they will be found guilty of the whole law.
And since scripture says that the law has condemned everyone, then they need to find a remedy other their own obedience to save them.

Any activity of Holy living, formal worship, study outside restricted portions of Scripture, study of church history and languages, or "doing" anything is made out to be wrong .
If you try to drag those things in as a means of salvation, then yeah, we are going to holler about how wrong that is.
But just to do those things for your own pleasure, no problem.

How can Christians witness to and serve the righteousness of Jesus Christ, if they just sit on their ~laurels~ without turning from their sins or exhibit their love for God by living according to the will of the Father?
We haven't turned from our sins, Nang.
We still sin, more than likely every day.
And that's the problem that needs a guaranteed solution. Not a "trying" solution, but a guaranteed solution.
And we have that solution - the perfect righteousness and obedience of Christ.

Whew, these are getting long again!
But it's been nice to see our views expressed.
Maybe others can use some of our conversation to cause them to think on it a little more.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If we are both still sinning, then we both are continuing to sin.
If we had completely stopped sinning then we would not be continuing to sin.
But we haven't stopped.
No one has.

Continual practice of sin reveals no repentance. No repentance, no assurance of salvation at all. There is no excuse for such behavior in those who call themselves Christian.

That's by works. If it's by works then it is no longer grace.

Christian obedience is the fruit of the Holy Spirit . . not works.

Which means we do indeed continue to sin because no one has stopped sinning.

No, it only means no Christian is without sin.

But that's not what happens to us. We don't continually practice righteousness instead of sin.
We continue to do both.

Christians are freed from bondage to sin, and are made servants of righteousness.

You're going to have to point me to who has discouraged right living.
:idunno:

:mock: John W

Whew, these are getting long again!
But it's been nice to see our views expressed.
Maybe others can use some of our conversation to cause them to think on it a little more.

:up:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Still honoring the Son, as we honor the Father........

Still honoring the Son, as we honor the Father........

I and the Father are ONE... Revelation 21:22

Hi EE,

Indeed,....note that your passage shows a clear distinction between 'God' and the 'lamb', of course that goes without saying,...since the Father and the Son are distinct personalities, one being BEGOTTEN by the other. The Father is the First Source and Center of all things and beings,...so all other sentient beings are his offspring, so the Father holds absolute and ultimate PRIMACY....the Son being subordinate. - this also pertains to his 'divine sonship', not just his humanity (no matter how you slice or dice Jesus human and supposed divine components).

My discourse on the Alpha & Omega is here, as we debated some points with JS sometime ago. At this point in my studies, I do not see the necessity of superimposing or contextualizing scripture within a strict orthodox creedal definition of the Trinity, while a Unitarian View is wholly tenable, rational and logical, granted the relational context, even though one may include some more peculiar view on Jesus divinity (via Gnostic, Arian or other ism, choose what tickles your fancy), however that is assumed, and how Jesus is identified or correlated in some way with the 'logos' in John's gospel, but note that is only in John's gospel, peculiar to the greek-philosophical concepts chosen to be used by the author (or authors, since some believe parts have been 'redacted' there possibly being more than one author), and the agenda-emphasis of the writer(s). I do enjoy John's writings, they being more spiritual and gnostic (even though some passages have been scripted to read as 'anti-gnostic', pertaining to Jesus coming in the flesh, against docetism)....nevertheless,...the emphasis on 'knowledge' and 'light' holds,....and faith in that inner illumination of the Spirit within, that 'faith' in the Spirit, that bears witness to Jesus coming by way of water and blood, is what the Spirit bears testimony of, and do note...that the later interpolation of 1 John 5:7 is not even needed in that particular passage context, but is obviously and notably a later insertion by a trinitarian scribe, whether it was an accident or intended, is debatable.

AND still NOTE,....John's writes and emphasizes that it by believing the Jesus is the Christ, the SON of God...that one attains eternal life, or life of(into) the ages(eons), a promise of survival into the age to come, and no doubt all ages in future eternity, as long as faith in God holds and the willing to DO his will is ever faithfully engaged. We might add here, that at the putting on of 'immortality', a soul can never die thereafter...since it will have become truly 'immortal' even as God is not subject to death, being incorruptible, divine.