Open Closure

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Hi EE,

Indeed,....note that your passage shows a clear distinction between 'God' and the 'lamb', of course that goes without saying,...since the Father and the Son are distinct personalities, one being BEGOTTEN by the other. The Father is the First Source and Center of all things and beings,...so all other sentient beings are his offspring, so the Father holds absolute and ultimate PRIMACY....the Son being subordinate. - this also pertains to his 'divine sonship', not just his humanity (no matter how you slice or dice Jesus human and supposed divine components).

My discourse on the Alpha & Omega is here, as we debated some points with JS sometime ago. At this point in my studies, I do not see the necessity of superimposing or contextualizing scripture within a strict orthodox creedal definition of the Trinity, while a Unitarian View is wholly tenable, rational and logical, granted the relational context, even though one may include some more peculiar view on Jesus divinity (via Gnostic, Arian or other ism, choose what tickles your fancy), however that is assumed, and how Jesus is identified or correlated in some way with the 'logos' in John's gospel, but note that is only in John's gospel, peculiar to the greek-philosophical concepts chosen to be used by the author (or authors, since some believe parts have been 'redacted' there possibly being more than one author), and the agenda-emphasis of the writer(s). I do enjoy John's writings, they being more spiritual and gnostic (even though some passages have been scripted to read as 'anti-gnostic', pertaining to Jesus coming in the flesh, against docetism)....nevertheless,...the emphasis on 'knowledge' and 'light' holds,....and faith in that inner illumination of the Spirit within, that 'faith' in the Spirit, that bears witness to Jesus coming by way of water and blood, is what the Spirit bears testimony of, and do note...that the later interpolation of 1 John 5:7 is not even needed in that particular passage context, but is obviously and notably a later insertion by a trinitarian scribe, whether it was an accident or intended, is debatable.

AND still NOTE,....John's writes and emphasizes that it by believing the Jesus is the Christ, the SON of God...that one attains eternal life, or life of(into) the ages(eons), a promise of survival into the age to come, and no doubt all ages in future eternity, as long as faith in God holds and the willing to DO his will is ever faithfully engaged. We might add here, that at the putting on of 'immortality', a soul can never die thereafter...since it will have become truly 'immortal' even as God is not subject to death, being incorruptible, divine.

Mt. 5:9

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Original Sin.............another look........

Original Sin.............another look........

I'm not Nang, I'm Nanja.

It's the Word of God Heb. 4:12.

I already know you don't believe it.

Thanks for catching that LOL - wow,...since Nang was posting alot then you posted,...I totally got alphabetized and confused names :)

My respect to meditate upon the truth of Jesus words, as he stated it holds :)

You might also consider that the 'doctrine' of 'Original Sin' may be unbiblical. - or at least questionable. While Jesus did recognize evil existing within the hearts of men, this does not mean humans are wholly evil, or TOTALLY depraved. This doctrine is nonsensical, and even against his original creation being made in the image and likeness of 'God'. Its been the Orthodox Jewish tradition that man is born with both good and evil inclincations, and has the free will to choose between them.

For more on this, with biblical supports see - Are Men Born Sinners? - by Alfred T. Overstreet

:thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Continual practice of sin reveals no repentance. No repentance, no assurance of salvation at all. There is no excuse for such behavior in those who call themselves Christian.
The "behavior" of me and you is that we both still continue to sin.
Why on earth would you say that because we both are already saved and still continue to sin, that we reveal no repentance???????

Wait. Are you one that thinks repent means "stop sinning"?

Adding the word "practice" isn't going to make the fact that we continue to commit sin go away.
Any SIN is the problem that we need a remedy for.
All your SIN, not just the ones you "practice", but all SIN that you commit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one can be pure in heart unless God gives them a New Heart Ezek. 36:26-27.
Hasn't happened yet.
That's the future of Israel when they are regathered into their land and will dwell there safely with the Lord Jesus Christ reigning on the throne of David.

Ezekiel 11:17-20 KJV
(17) Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
(18) And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
(19) And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
(20) That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Ezekiel 36:24-28 KJV
(24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
(25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
(26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
(27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
(28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Nanja

Everyone Christ died for, whom He abolished death for 2 Tim. 1:9-10, shall experience New Birth: The imparting of Spiritual Life inwardly Ezek. 11:19; 36:26. That's what the New Heart / Mind is. It has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity, or the physical jews in a physical land Rom. 9:8. But the Israel that was promised Salvation Is. 45:17 is comprised of all the Children of Promise, Abraham's Spiritual Seed Gal. 3:16, 29.

daqq

Great... please explain The Gospel to me.

How are you "saved" Daqq?

Lol, I've already shown you in manifold ways and you have not believed me.

Here is yet another way and place: #20, #22, #24, #25, #32, #34.
But of course there is more, such as 2 Cor 12:1-9, as shown to you here: #852.

And that day is the Day known only to the Father, no one else knows the day or the hour, but the Father only. You do not get to pick and choose what day you will call upon the Name of the Father; you do not get to pick and choose what day you will be delivered. You do not get to pick and choose by some prefabricated "sinners prayer" what day the Father will bestow His grace upon you. But cast not away your confidence, which has a great recompence of reward. For you have need of patience, so that after you have done the Will of Elohim you might receive the Promise. For yet a little while, and that one that is coming shall come, (and that one tarries not). Moreover, "The just shall live by way of faith: but if anyone draws back, My soul shall have no pleasure in him", (says the Father). But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that faithfully trust unto the deliverance of the soul. In that day shall you know the true Grace of Elohim. Remember Lot's wife: whosoever shall seek to save his soul shall destroy it; and whosoever shall jeopard his own soul in the high places of the field shall preserve it. In that night there shall be a duo in one bed; the one shall be sent away, and the other shall be received up near. A duo shall be grinding at the mill as one; the one shall be sent away, and the other shall be received up near. Two shall be in the high places of the field; the one shall be sent away into destruction, and the other shall be received up near. Wheresoever there is a carcass, likewise there shall the eagles be gathered together. In that day we shall see who calls upon the Name of the Father in the time of great tribulation: all the holy ones will know which one overcomes, and which one is a son of destruction. :Nineveh:

:sheep: