Old Covenant And New Covenant

marhig

And Jesus showed us what love is. Suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly.

[1Pe 2:19, 21
19 For this [is] commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. ...
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
Great post squeaky 😀

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Jesus fulfilled the law. Jesus taught us how to fulfill the law. Apparently you haven't learned yet.
[Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
Shalom.

I understand this.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Love is the key!

Romans 13

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Matthew 22

Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Shalom.

Amen.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Great post squeaky ��

I said
That is the short version on love, that came out of the revelation I received on love. Most people don't even know what love is. They think it is an emotion, it isn't. Its an action. What most people think is love is in reality coveting or lust. You have heard people say I would love to have a two story house. They covet a two story house. The devil has tricked most of them into replacing the word covet with love

[Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if [there is] any other commandment, are [all] summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

marhig

I said
That is the short version on love, that came out of the revelation I received on love. Most people don't even know what love is. They think it is an emotion, it isn't. Its an action. What most people think is love is in reality coveting or lust. You have heard people say I would love to have a two story house. They covet a two story house. The devil has tricked most of them into replacing the word covet with love

[Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if [there is] any other commandment, are [all] summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Hi squeaky,

I see love as both, an emotion and love in action, and I don't mean the love in that worldly way like houses and fleshly things, true love is to put ourselves last and God and others first, and in emotion l mean that I feel the strength of God's love in my heart that moves me to do his will. We would give our lives for our children because we love them, so why can't many who say they love God and their children lay down their lives and bare witness to the truth for them and God, and follow the example of Jesus and not only speak it but live it out. That's how we show that we truly love God, and then the life of Christ and love of God will be seen in our lives, that's true love and that love and word of God and life of Christ will draw others to God. When we are willing to die for Christ to live, we will decease and he will increase through us.

True love for God is to give our all to him and love him with all our heart and mind and be willing to be a living sacrifice and turn from the things of this world as the Spirit guides us in the truth and helps us to overcome.

I was in my garden before, and there were some dead bits that made my plant pots look untidy. So I started to pull them out, and I thought this is like us, as we walk in the spirit, God shows us our sin and we see the wrong that we are doing, and then we are to turn from it and stop doing it, and get the dead out by the grace of God. And even though the pots didn't look as full as before, they looked cleaner ready for the planting. And I thought about myself, that I need to stop any wrong that I know that I'm doing and wait on God to fill my heart with the fullness of his love and word. And be ready to do his will when needed and as the dead is taken away, God will furnish my heart and give the increase and it's all done through Christ Jesus, he's our example to follow.

A plant grows better and flourishes when it is cut back and the dead is cut away. As do the children of the living God.

Last edited:

CherubRam

Shalom.

Entirely true.

Shalom.

Jacob
The Mosaic Priesthood, along with its Laws that govern the feast and sacrifices, they have been done away with; when the Covenant of Circumcision was revoked. All of Yahwah's moral commands and Seventh Day Sabbath remain as part of the New Covenant.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Mosaic Priesthood, along with its Laws that govern the feast and sacrifices, they have been done away with; when the Covenant of Circumcision was revoked. All of Yahwah's moral commands and Seventh Day Sabbath remain as part of the New Covenant.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
Shalom.

I know about the verse, but not what you have said in your post. Can you answer why you said this?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I know about the verse, but not what you have said in your post. Can you answer why you said this?

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Like I said you are evil. You work for satan. Your trying to place everyone back in bondage.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
There is no righteousness in what you teach. You are trying to deceive people into loosing their salvation with the old testament. You are evil.

Matt 5:20
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
(NKJ)

Gal 2:20-21
20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Like I said you are evil. You work for satan. Your trying to place everyone back in bondage.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Gal 2:21
(NKJ)
Shalom.

God's Instruction, the Torah, is for the nation of Israel. For those who turn to God from among the Gentiles there is no greater burden than the essentials that can be found in Acts 15.

Are you asking about if you are supposed to obey the Law if you turned to God from among the Gentiles?

An answer to this question does not mean one is working for Satan.

The answer is that sin is transgression of the law.

God wants obedience to His Commandments. Some of His Commandments are only for the Nation of Israel.

Jesus did teach that if you keep and teach the Commandments you will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

God's Commandments are not only for the Nation of Israel. Before the Nation of Israel existed there were God's Commandments. With the Nation of Israel we have God's Law, the Law of Moses, which is for the Nation of Israel. Being that I am of Israel I observe this Law.

God made a New Covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. Yeshua spoke of the New Covenant as being in His blood. He died for sins, from the sins of the Nation or People of Israel to the sins of the whole world. You can be forgiven your sins and granted the free gift of eternal life by faith in God in Jesus Christ, and faith in Jesus.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
There is no righteousness in what you teach. You are trying to deceive people into loosing their salvation with the old testament. You are evil.

Matt 5:20
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
(NKJ)

Gal 2:20-21
20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
(NKJ)

Shalom.

If you believe that you can lose your salvation or that you can lose your salvation by obedience to God according to the old covenant Law, the Covenant that God made with the Nation of Israel at Mount Sinai, then you are wrong. The old testament is not about salvation. The New Covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Jesus died for the forgiveness of your sins. Repent and have faith in God and Jesus and you will be forgiven your sins and granted the free gift of eternal life.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

If you believe that you can lose your salvation or that you can lose your salvation by obedience to God according to the old covenant Law, the Covenant that God made with the Nation of Israel at Mount Sinai, then you are wrong. The old testament is not about salvation. The New Covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Jesus died for the forgiveness of your sins. Repent and have faith in God and Jesus and you will be forgiven your sins and granted the free gift of eternal life.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your an idiot. You are possessed with some strong demons. That have blinded you.

[2Co 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Gal 5,1-4 says stay in the new testament if you keep any part of the old testament you are subject to the whole entire thing. And you have fallen from grace.

[Gal 5:1-4
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

2John says watch out for deceivers trying to get you back in the old testament. If you go you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

[2Jo 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your an idiot. You are possessed with some strong demons. That have blinded you.

[2Co 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Gal 5,1-4 says stay in the new testament if you keep any part of the old testament you are subject to the whole entire thing. And you have fallen from grace.

[Gal 5:1-4
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

2John says watch out for deceivers trying to get you back in the old testament. If you go you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

[2Jo 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Shalom.

No.

Shalom.

Jacob