ECT Oikonomia (dispensation/stewardship) of Grace

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lookit whut ah found, while on the road agin - one o mah Dispy frens - Yeeha!

Great post, Tam!

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Glad you liked it.
The subject has come up before here at TOL.
PKevman wrote the post a good while back.
I thought he did an excellent job.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought he did an excellent job.

I thought he did a terrible job.

Once again, Dispensationalists are embarrassed by their own teachings.

Dispensationalism is based on "time periods", that's what Darby originally taught. Now that Darby's teachings have been exposed, Dispensationalists such as PKevman are trying to save face.

Danoh

I thought he did a terrible job.

Once again, Dispensationalists are embarrassed by their own teachings.

Dispensationalism is based on "time periods", that's what Darby originally taught. Now that Darby's teachings have been exposed, Dispensationalists such as PKevman are trying to save face.

"...give them their portion of meat in due season..."

But, it's not like this is the first time you go against the Scripture.

HisServant

Where did anyone say that it equaled a period of time?

All okonimia's exist in time and are changed in at certain times.

The path to salvation has NEVER changed. It has been the same since Adam and Eve were created and fell. Man has never been tested and God has never changed his plan.

God gave different people tasks at various times to point people back to him, that is all. The ekklesia is not something God did not plan for (the parenthesis).. it was always part of God's plan...

The problem with dispensationalism at it's core, is makes God the grand inquisitor that is subjected to the decisions of man.

Danoh

Actually, JW's believe that Jesus was resurrected as a spiritual being instead of a human with His same body. They use 1 Cor 15 as their prooftext.

That's what STP and many of the MADists claim here on TOL.

No, Mid-Acts does not hold to that and never has.

If STP and his "3%" ALMOST 28ers do; well, that's on all three of them :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, JW's believe that Jesus was resurrected as a spiritual being instead of a human with His same body. They use 1 Cor 15 as their prooftext.

That's what STP and many of the MADists claim here on TOL.

No, Mid-Acts does not hold to that and never has.
I don't know of any that hold that view either.
At least not on this site.

Right Divider

Body part
He certainly appeared and disappeared with that body.
Luke 24:31 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:31) And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Luke 24:36-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:36) ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace [be] unto you. (24:37) But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

Yep.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He certainly appeared and disappeared with that body.

According to 1 Cor 15 there are only two types of bodies:

(1 Cor 15:44 KJV) ....There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

So, which body did Jesus have on earth during the 40 days after the resurrection, and before the ascension?

john w

Hall of Fame
According to 1 Cor 15 there are only two types of bodies:

(1 Cor 15:44 KJV) ....There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

So, which body did Jesus have on earth during the 40 days after the resurrection, and before the ascension?

Flesh and bone, greasy one, and you've been given the scriptures, but daddy devil tells you to deny it.

Right Divider

Body part
Same thing happened to Phillip in Acts 8.

So, what's your point?
Philip did not do that OF HIMSELF. The LORD did it for him.

Jesus did it OF HIMSELF.

I'm not surprised that you missed this; you do most every other important detail in scripture.
Acts 8:39 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:39) And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.