Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Only to those who believe. You're so dense.
Amen! That's right! The righteousness of God is unto all, but only upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

God's Truth

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The work was done whether one believes it or not.

Everyone has to repent of their sins and have faith that Jesus' blood washes away their sins before they are reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are not righteous until you come to Jesus in faith that he washed your repented sins away.

made up

The righteousness of God is upon us when we believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Believe what? Believe the gospel of Christ, the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, for therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No one is reconciled to God through Jesus until they confess and repent of their sins.

Why else do you think Paul urges people to be reconciled to God?

2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Do you want to explain how you are already reconciled to God and yet Paul is imploring people to be?

You and B57 have something in common. You both have, zero Reps.

beloved57

made up

Believe what? Believe the gospel of Christ, the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, for therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Christ's righteousness was upon His Elect before they believe, while they were enemies and ungodly He Justified them!

God's Truth

made up

Faith alone is dead.

By obeying Jesus we become righteous.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

Mocking You

Everyone has to repent of their sins and have faith that Jesus' blood washes away their sins before they are reconciled to God.

Everyone has to repent ("change their mind") of their unbelief and then they are instantly made righteous. Nobody can get "cleaned up" before they come to Jesus. They come just as they are.

Show me the phrase "repent of your sins" in the Bible, please.

Mocking You

Why do you think they confessed their sins after they believed?

Acts 19:18 And many that believed came, and confessed, and showed their deeds.

Wait a minute! They believed, then confessed? You've been telling us they need to repent, then believe. Why are you flipping the sequence?

Mocking You

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Why will they perish?

Because they were Jews that didn't believe in Messiah. Because they had to repent (literally have their minds changed) from unbelief in Messiah to belief in Messiah. Look at EVERY instance in the gospels where people are told to repent and the audience are Jews. Always. Only until later in Acts are Gentiles told they are to repent (change their mind about their unbelief).

Repent means "change of mind". It doesn't mean 'feeling sorry for your sins'. It doesn't mean 'I promise I'll do better'. It doesn't mean 'I promise I won't sin anymore'.

God's Truth

Everyone has to repent ("change their mind") of their unbelief and then they are instantly made righteous. Nobody can get "cleaned up" before they come to Jesus. They come just as they are.

Show me the phrase "repent of your sins" in the Bible, please.

Acts 8:22 Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that he may perhaps forgive you for the intent of your heart.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

Revelation 16:11 They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.