Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

Mocking You

Acts 8:22 Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that he may perhaps forgive you for the intent of your heart.

Simon was already a believer:

Acts 8:13 Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

The people did not repent of their making of idols, did not repent of their unbelief in God.

21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

That's right, they just kept on going the same way they had been going.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

Paul is writing to believers at the church of Corinth. They have not "changed their minds" about committing these sins.

Revelation 16:11 They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

Yep, they kept right on doing what they were doing, in their unbelief.

God's Truth

Repenting is about SINS. Jews AND Gentiles have to repent of their sins.

Romans 2:11 For God does not show favoritism.

Romans 2:12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

13for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

14For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,…

Mocking You

You are very confused. Think about it harder.

2zyztzp.gif

Mocking You

Repenting is about SINS. Jews AND Gentiles have to repent of their sins.

Nope, they needed to repent of their unbelief.

Jews of their unbelief that Jesus was Messiah.
Gentiles of their unbelief that Jesus was the resurrected Son of God.

Repent = Change of mind.

God's Truth

Nope, they needed to repent of their unbelief.

Jews of their unbelief that Jesus was Messiah.
Gentiles of their unbelief that Jesus was the resurrected Son of God.

Repent = Change of mind.

We have to repent of our sins. Sins are what separated us from God.

A person could believe that Jesus is the Messiah and still not be saved because they have not repented of their sins.

Even the demons know that there is One God and do something---they shudder.

popsthebuilder

Everyone has to repent ("change their mind") of their unbelief and then they are instantly made righteous. Nobody can get "cleaned up" before they come to Jesus. They come just as they are.

Show me the phrase "repent of your sins" in the Bible, please.
It means to turn from sin in your new birth under God and it's all through the bible.

Mocking You

We have to repent of our sins. Sins are what separated us from God.

A person could believe that Jesus is the Messiah and still not be saved because they have not repented of their sins.

Even the demons know that there is One God and do something---they shudder.

Anyone can repent of their sins and not be saved. Remember "repent" literally means "change your mind". So thieves repent of thievery, prostitutes repent of fornication, adulterers repent of adultery. They all decide these things are wrong activities and they quit doing them. In your world they are saved. Really?

God's Truth

Anyone can repent of their sins and not be saved. Remember "repent" literally means "change your mind". So thieves repent of thievery, prostitutes repent of fornication, adulterers repent of adultery. They all decide these things are wrong activities and they quit doing them. In your world they are saved. Really?

They have to repent of their sins to God through Jesus and believe his blood washes their sins away.