Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

God's Truth

Don't you have to have the Holy Spirit first before you can even be good?
No.

Isn't that what you are saying when you say that the Holy Spirit dwelling in you is the good that dwells in your flesh?

Only for that scripture about Paul. I was showing how Paul was speaking of himself before he was saved because after he was saved good dwelled in him.

Paul was describing what a person without faith is like.

So which came first? The Holy Spirit
You won't receive the Holy Spirit unless you do good.

EDIT: Or do you not believe that the love commanded by God is a "good" work?

Jesus tells us what we have to do to be saved. He is the way.

beloved57

It is all about condition of being saved.

Why is it so hard to understand?

Jesus was not sent to give us permission to sin freely.

The Jesus of the scripture was sent to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10 and or to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21 and that He has well done successfully !

God's Truth

I understand why you have a problem with interpreting the Bible. A plain, simple reading of this text makes it clear that Paul is talking about himself after conversion.

Paul is not saying nothing good dwells in him since being saved.

The Holy Spirit dwells in him since he was saved.

Before that,he tried to obey the old law without faith.

It didn't take faith to obey the old law. Some had faith and some didn't.

God's Truth

Romans 5 KJV
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
(10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.​

I believe it.

Jesus says you have to obey and repent first.

God isn't going to live with an unrepentant sinner.

God's Truth

Do you really think that the Lord wants to continually hear your unbelief by your imagination that repenting and confessing is what will get your sins forgiven when the work of our salvation was accomplished 2000 years ago by God through Jesus Christ and God the father raising Him from the dead?

If you repent of your sins but have trouble and go back to it, you are to keep repenting of it until you stop. That is how you work out your salvation.

People work harder at winning a race then the race for eternal life.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If you repent of your sins but have trouble and go back to it, you are to keep repenting of it until you stop. That is how you work out your salvation.

People work harder at winning a race then the race for eternal life.

You're not saved (2 Pe 2:1, Heb 10:38 ESV). :dizzy:

As a reminder God's Truth is number 39 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"You claim we do not have to obey and that it is a works salvation! Sin is a work too!"
You're a hard worker (2 Pe 2:1, Ro 8:8).
a_198_b66104d1.gif

Takin' Care Of Business ~ Bachman-Turner Overdrive

HisServant

cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images-i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg

This message is hidden because serpentdove is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because meshak is on your ignore list.

Best decision ever!

glorydaz

Do you really think that the Lord wants to continually hear your unbelief by your imagination that repenting and confessing is what will get your sins forgiven when the work of our salvation was accomplished 2000 years ago by God through Jesus Christ and God the father raising Him from the dead?

:thumb:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Jesus I know and believe in, He reconciled me to God by His death while I was an unrepentant enemie and sinner Rom 5:10 !

The Father drew you to himself.

John 6:44 New King James Version (NKJV)

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The Father drew you to himself.

John 6:44 New King James Version (NKJV)

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Amen! And Christ draws all.

John 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.

popsthebuilder

Those verses all say those who are already in Christ will keep His commandments. There is no If-Then statement, eg. IF you keep my commandments THEN you will have eternal life. Those verses are saying BECAUSE you have eternal life you will keep my commandments.

The verses from Matthew 19 deals with the Jewish people keeping the commandments. The person asking Jesus was a Jew and the new Covenant had not yet been established (Jesus had not yet died and been resurrected) so the law was still applicable. Besides, if you are going to believe verses 16-19 you must also accept verse 21--go and sell all you have and give it to the poor. Have you done that?

Here is the way of salvation:

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

John 20.31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Works are a result of salvation and rebirth in Christ under God. To sin is not being resurrected in Christ. The whole bible plainly states this.

popsthebuilder

Trusting the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation is the only requirement to be saved and sealed!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
If you are in sin then you s not stand in the love of Christ.

popsthebuilder

NONE of which have ANYTHING to do with ANY OF US!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
To partake of the promise of Christ you must follow his teachings.