Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You do not have access to that grace unless you have faith that the sins you repented of are forgiven.
No one has to repent that their sins be forgiven, they need trust the Lord believing they already are.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

God's Truth

That is not so.

Romans 7:15-25King James Version (KJV)

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

There is no way Paul was speaking of his condition after he was saved.

Paul trained his body so that he would not be disqualified while he preached to others.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,

Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul did not continue doing the things that he said qualified him as the worst of sinners!

In Paul's flesh, in mine, yours and every one else's on the planet dwelleth NO GOOD THING. And no matter how bad you try, you cannot make your flesh good. Slapping a coat of paint on it, does not change what is going on underneath the paint. You can lie about it all day long (you who has claimed to stop sinning), but those who understand the sin nature, have your number. What would be the best outcome here is if you just fessed up, stopped the charade and got saved. We would all rejoice with you.

God's Truth

Life comes to those by the works that Christ did, not by the works you have done.
It is Christ that fulfills the work requirement of God's redemption, not you or anyone else.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We do not have to clean up our act in order for God to save us.

Romans 5 KJV
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
(10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.​

God's Truth

In Paul's flesh, in mine, yours and every one else's on the planet dwelleth NO GOOD THING. And no matter how bad you try, you cannot make your flesh good. Slapping a coat of paint on it, does not change what is going on underneath the paint. You can lie about it all day long (you who has claimed to stop sinning), but those who understand the sin nature, have your number. What would be the best outcome here is if you just fessed up, stopped the charade and got saved. We would all rejoice with you.

Oh but there is a good thing inside my flesh, and it is the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

We do not have to clean up our act in order for God to save us.

Romans 5 KJV
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
(10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.​

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The GENTILES WERE ENEMIES BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH.

Jesus still saved them WHILE THEY WERE UNCIRCUMCISED ENEMIES.

Jamie Gigliotti

You're making the same mistake as Meshak. You are quoting verses about people that are already saved. You don't get saved by working your way to Heaven.

Obviously a true believer will submit to the Lord. I'm not disputing that.

So on one side of the coin you say one is truely saved as demonstrated by their obedience.

I say submission to find eternal life submit to Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

The difference is I argue that the Devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking to stop the seed from producing fruit for God's kingdom. That it is possible to fall, or else there would not be warnings to stand. That "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trail, for when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him" James 1:12

I say this does take "sowing to please the Spirit" and this is by Grace, no one gets the Spirit other than by grace, but it is a necessary endeavor God has required. (Galatians 6:8).

nikolai_42

God first love us is 'us' in general.

God does not know you unless you love Him and obey Him.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

Don't you have to have the Holy Spirit first before you can even be good? Isn't that what you are saying when you say that the Holy Spirit dwelling in you is the good that dwells in your flesh? So which came first? The Holy Spirit or the love?

EDIT: Or do you not believe that the love commanded by God is a "good" work?

Mocking You

You posted scriptures where Paul was speaking of what he was like before he was saved.

There is no way Paul was speaking of his condition after he was saved.

I understand why you have a problem with interpreting the Bible. A plain, simple reading of this text makes it clear that Paul is talking about himself after conversion.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you really think the Father and Jesus are going to make their home in your heart if you have not repented of your sins?

Romans 5 KJV

I believe it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you really think the Father and Jesus are going to make their home in your heart if you have not repented of your sins?
Do you really think that the Lord wants to continually hear your unbelief by your imagination that repenting and confessing is what will get your sins forgiven when the work of our salvation was accomplished 2000 years ago by God through Jesus Christ and God the father raising Him from the dead?