Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

God's Truth

You need to turn off your Laptop and go somewhere quiet and
read and study the writings of Paul. Romans through Philemon.

You cut up and divide the Bible because you have no understanding.

Once you can read the Bible and see that Christ is not divided, then maybe you will have understanding.

Common sense shows that a person is not to cut up and divide the Bible.

You do not have wisdom from God, and even sense that is common.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Practically everything you say is offensive to the majority. It's
not your fault. Wait a second, it IS your fault.

She doesn't keep his commandments so on what basis can she claim that she loves him? Jn 14:15, ESV :dizzy:

evil-witch.gif

As a reminder meshak is number 17 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

SaulToPaul 2

Once you can read the Bible and see that Christ is not divided, then maybe you will have understanding.

Satan's Untruth is really wound up today.

God's Truth

There is no merit condition on grace. The grace freely given is unmerited.

Jesus chooses whom he will save, and he chooses those who obey him and repent of their sins.

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

1 Corinthians 1:28
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

2 Thessalonians 2:13
[ Stand Firm ] But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

1 Thessalonians 1:4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you,

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul was saying no works, and that is about the ceremonial works.
It's about any of your works.
None of your works secures salvation. Only the work of Christ does.
He was the only sinless one, and therefore the only one that could do the works that satisfy God's redemption.
None of your works are included.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You don't know how to "Rightly Divide" the written Word. That's
one of your problems.

nikolai_42

I don't answer to strange questions.

Hmmm....why is it strange to ask if the requirement you put on salvation can be met by someone who doesn't have that salvation? I would think the answer would be straightforward - no, an unbeliever can't love or obey Jesus.

The catch, of course, is that if the unbeliever can't obey Jesus because they don't love Jesus, then the statement that we love Him only because He first loved us makes obedience ("If you love Me, keep my commandments...") something that comes FROM salvation - not something that brings it about.

So which is it?

God's Truth

It's about any of your works.
None of your works secures salvation. Only the work of Christ does.
He was the only sinless one, and therefore the only one that could do the works that satisfy God's redemption.
None of your works are included.

You are badly mistaken.

Jesus' words are Spirit AND LIFE.

You do not get that life unless you obey the WORD of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hmmm....why is it strange to ask if the requirement you put on salvation can be met by someone who doesn't have that salvation? I would think the answer would be straightforward - no, an unbeliever can't love or obey Jesus.

The catch, of course, is that if the unbeliever can't obey Jesus because they don't love Jesus, then the statement that we love Him only because He first loved us makes obedience ("If you love Me, keep my commandments...") something that comes FROM salvation - not something that brings it about.

So which is it?

Meshak won't answer. She's just here to agitate.

God's Truth

So which is it?

God first love us is 'us' in general.

God does not know you unless you love Him and obey Him.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God