Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

lifeisgood

All we need to know is Christianity is all about trusting in Jesus and following His teachings.

Then our sins will be wiped out.

Jesus was sent to teach us now not sin any more.

If we trust Jesus' word and strive follow His teachings, we will be cleaner and purer as a time goes.

Jesus was sent to bring the way of salvation to the world.

The sad part is that most of the world rejects HIS WAY of Salvation inventing their own way(s) and never rest in Him.

Being saved is life long endeavor, not one time even of confession.

Incorrect.
Salvation is a one time done deal.
Jesus the Christ does not partially saves a person when a person is convicted by the Holy Spirit that he/she is a sinner going directly to hell.
Jesus the Christ saves to the uttermost the first time that person believes in Him and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

SANCTIFICATION on the other hand is a LIFE LONG endeavor.

God's Truth

Repenting and calling on him is belief. After that it is time to obey. If you did not believe then why obey in the first place?

That is obeying.

Also what should we obey first?

In Acts 21:25 when did they command the Gentiles to follow the 10 commandments?

They started with the sins many Gentiles were already committing at that time.

Acts 21:25 "But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality."

Where is the rest of the law in Acts 21:25?

These people were starting to attend synagogue. They most assuredly would learn more and more about the law in synagogue.

They had to repent of their sins to be saved. Those scriptures are about not having to do any of the ceremonial works to go to the temple.

God's Truth

It's matters not that I disagree, it's that neither of you are in agreement with the scriptures. GT is a gospel perverter often adding requirements to salvation that God does not require of anyone today as she did when you agreed with her.
I do no such thing.
We are made partakers of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and it is by the faith OF Jesus Christ that we have boldness and access (Ephesians 3:12 KJV). We trust the Lord(trust His faith and finished work as sufficient to save us) after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation and are saved and sealed (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)!

You gave me a neg rep for saying we have to obey. You said that is not good news.

It is not bad news to obey Jesus' powerful beautiful words!

God's Truth

The OP says: "Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation." Scripture doesn't say that. Nowhere. No how. It says, quite to the contrary: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," and again: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

If you are confessing with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, then you had better be obeying!

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Look at what Jesus will say to you if you call him Lord but do not do what he says:

Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

We can see that Jesus wants us to obey His Word and it is very good to do so; but it is NOT a requirement of salvation.

Have you forgotten so soon all the scriptures that say we have to obey to be saved?

Tell me, who are the people the Father and Jesus make their HOME WITH?

Tell me, who are Jesus' brother, sister, and mother?

Tell me, who are Jesus' friends?

Who are the blessed?

It is those who OBEY.

I can show you the scriptures again if you do not remember them.

This is works, not grace... doing good to obtain God's approval.

That is almost funny, because you do not know that Jesus saves those he is pleased to save.

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

It's called: religion. Religion is men trying to make themselves acceptable to God. Christianity is God, accepting men as they are. He certainly changes our hearts into a heart of flesh and puts His Laws in us and makes us love to do His Will but He doesn't require that we do ANYTHING to be saved.

You are badly mistaken. Jesus who knows our hearts gives us the Holy Spirit after we obey, see Acts 5:32.

Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to those he accepts, see Acts 15:8.

Jesus accepts those who fear God AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT, see Acts 10:35.

I can give you so many more scriptures. How many do you need to believe the truth? It should only take ONE because no scripture can be put aside.

If He did, there would be no more grace, only works. It is His Goodness that leads men to repentance, not ours. It is our salvation and His Presence inside of us that gives us love for the brethren (indeed even for sinners) and causes us to ache to do His Will, but He doesn't require anything except faith in Christ to give us eternal life.

That is about not having to do the ceremonial works to be made clean just to go to the temple to worship God.

We do not have to give ourselves special baths and sacrifice animals anymore just because we had an emission or discharge, or because we sat where someone else did, see Leviticus 15:32.

And while you are there in Leviticus, read about all the other things the Jews used to have to do just to be able to go to the temple to worship God where His Spirit was!

Through only faith in Jesus' blood we are made clean---that does NOT mean we do not have to obey Jesus and abstain from evil!

It means we do not have to clean ourselves anymore just to go to the temple to worship God. Faith in Jesus' blood makes us clean and we become the temple!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I do no such thing.
You are a gospel perverter. Let it be (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

You gave me a neg rep for saying we have to obey. You said that is not good news.
The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation toe very one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) not your added requirements hiding under your heading of "obey".

It is not bad news to obey Jesus' powerful beautiful words!
It is perverted to attempt to save yourself by anything that you have done, do or will do; when salvation is by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place. If we so much as wiggle our little finger in an attempt at DOING something to be saved, then God could not shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus as salvation is by grace though faith. It is not of ourselves. It is the gift of God.It is NOT of works lest any man should baost (you know, like you always do about what you have done, do and must continue to do)!

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

God's Truth

Previously in the thread he was seemingly in agreement that we are saved by faith following up with works. Honestly it seems more of a lack of communication to me (Seems to be the case here) but you all believe the same thing underneath. Of course maybe he misunderstood me. I don't see anything inherently wrong with repentance and believing in Jesus for salvation. Hence me being in agreement that we must repent and believe in Jesus to be saved. Am I wrong? My proclamation if you will is that I believe Jesus has blotted out all of the worlds sin through his baptism(taken up the debt) and crucifixion(sin compensated). There is no sin that this doesn't effect, as all sin was erased in completeness 2000 years ago. That's the good news. Whether someone believes or not is irrelevant in this case and doesn't effect the accomplishment he has done. We are saved by his works and we follow it up by refraining from what has condemned our Lord to die in the first place. I was simply agreeing (with the statement), which scripture shows to be true that we all have to repent and believe.

They do not believe we EVER have to obey to be saved, or even after we are saved.

Can you believe it?

Who would ever think that Christians would preach such a thing?