Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

6days

Meshak said:
I am not upset. I am just stating as I see. I know "I am saved" faith is widely accepted by most churches.
OK. .. Thanks for your answer... and glad you are not upset. :)

I agree with you that many churches teach a "I am saved" message that is not consistent with God's Word. I also agree with you that Jesus is the judge.*

But... are you suggesting that as a believer that I can't have assurance of my salvation?*

Oops.... after I typed this reply... I see you changed you message. You said you weren't upset originally but you deleted that and now say you are. Sorry if I upset you Meshak. I honestly just wanted friendly discussion.*

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I honor Jesus' teachings. Yes, I strive to obey everything He commands and teaches.

How ya' doin' with this one?

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
1Jn_3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn_3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jn_3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I honor Jesus' teachings. Yes, I strive to obey everything He commands and teaches.

Why do you have problem with that?

You see, you have arrogant spirit. Nothing is wrong to try to please Jesus. You don't seem to know Jesus will accept His followers strive to please Him. You are adding your own idea to Jesus' simple word.
How are you doing with this, since you think what the Lord wrote in Matthew is TO YOU?

Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How are you doing with this, since you think what the Lord wrote in Matthew is TO YOU?

Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Meshak only listens to herself. She ought to try, really hard, to block
those thoughts? They're leading her astray.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 6:14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
We boast about Him, not our dead works.

Unless you learn the difference and receive Christ in Spirit and Truth and understand what He did for you, it is you who will be surprised what Jesus says about you boasting in your dead works on your own authority instead of His.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Never heard or read meshak use the word, God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
But... are you suggesting that as a believer that I can't have assurance of my salvation?*

Assurance is to stay with Jesus and strive to please Him by obeying His teachings until the end. Then you have nothing to worry about.

"I am saved" concept comes from OSAS doctrine, it is not of Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How ya' doin' with this one?

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
1Jn_3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn_3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jn_3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

amen.

But what is your point?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nope!
Declaring that one is saved is not boasting in self.
It's boasting strictly about what He has done for us.
It is glorifying HIM!

"Where is boasting, then? It is excluded."- the Apostle to the Nations

Boasting is not of Jesus.

Jesus is the judge, not ourselves.

lifeisgood

Boasting is not of Jesus.

I boast in Him all the time.
I boast that He has saved me.
I boast that in His mercifulness He came down and lifted me up to Himself because He knew I could not save myself.
I boast that in my darkest moments, He has never left me alone.
I boast because He always comforts me when I call on Him.
I boast that He loves me with all my defects and idiosyncrasies.
I boast that He is still working in me to conform me to Himself.
I have so much to boast about in Him.
It is all about Him and nothing about me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it is.

Condition to be saved: BELIEVE Jesus Christ and what HE DID on the Cross of Calvary.

You keep use the crèche what He did on the cross.

Why do you do that?

True Jesus' followers don't have to repeat the crèches.

All we need to know is Christianity is all about trusting in Jesus and following His teachings.

Then our sins will be wiped out.

Jesus was sent to teach us now not sin any more.

If we trust Jesus' word and strive follow His teachings, we will be cleaner and purer as a time goes.

Being saved is life long endeavor, not one time even of confession.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I boast in Him all the time.
I boast that He has saved me.
I boast that in His mercifulness He came down and lifted me up to Himself because He knew I could not save myself.
I boast that in my darkest moments, He has never left me alone.
I boast because He always comforts me when I call on Him.
I boast that He loves me with all my defects and idiosyncrasies.
I boast that He is still working in me to conform me to Himself.
I have so much to boast about in Him.
It is all about Him and nothing about me.

Your teachings comes from man, not from Jesus.

Jesus does not endorse His followers to be boastful.

lifeisgood

You keep use the crèche what He did on the cross.

Why do you do that?

True Jesus' followers don't have to repeat the crèches.

I believe crèche is not what you meant to say. Is it?

crèche
noun: crèche; plural noun: crèches

1. North American
a model or tableau representing the scene of Jesus Christ's birth, displayed in homes or public places at Christmas.
2. British
a nursery where babies and young children are cared for during the working day.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I believe crèche is not what you meant to say. Is it?

crèche
noun: crèche; plural noun: crèches

1. North American
a model or tableau representing the scene of Jesus Christ's birth, displayed in homes or public places at Christmas.
2. British
a nursery where babies and young children are cared for during the working day.

Ok. thanks.

good day.