ECT Obey the Gospel

meshak

BANNED
Banned
PS

The true beauty of this obedience is that it shows me to be the debtor and does not place the Eternal Almighty in my debt for "my obedience to Him". He owes me nothing. I owe Him my all, amen.

You always know the right thing to say like all "Jesus is God" believers.

IOW, you are a lip server.

turbosixx

It sounds like it's living in obedience because it is just that.

Prior to my conversion I didn't wake up and make conscious decisions on how I would be rebellious that day. I just woke up and got on with rebellion in intent, thought, word and deed, because that was my nature.

Since my conversion I have walked in obedience due to my new nature and because my salvation is not in my hands I know for an absolute fact that I will continue in obedience, not of my doing, but of His doing. He who works in me to will and to do of His good pleasure, Amen.

Thanks for the explanation. I think we are in agreement on this. What makes me think we might see it a litter different is when you said "I know for an absolute fact that I will continue in obedience, not of my doing, but of His doing"

Could you please explain what you mean by this a little more.

Truster

You always know the right thing to say like all "Jesus is God" believers.

IOW, you are a lip server.

I can assure you unhesitantly and without fear of contradiction that my lips did not move during the preparing of that post. However, my heart* was moved by the Holy Spirit whom you know not.

*heart, not the blood pump.

Truster

Thanks for the explanation. I think we are in agreement on this. What makes me think we might see it a litter different is when you said "I know for an absolute fact that I will continue in obedience, not of my doing, but of His doing"

Could you please explain what you mean by this a little more.

I know for an absolute fact that wherever I am, whatever my intentions, thoughts, words or deeds. That I am at the centre of the will of the Eternal Almighty for my eternal life and for my sanctification.

To the praise of the glory of His grace and amen.

turbosixx

I know for an absolute fact that wherever I am, whatever my intentions, thoughts, words or deeds. That I am at the centre of the will of the Eternal Almighty for my eternal life and for my sanctification.

To the praise of the glory of His grace and amen.

This still didn't clear it up for me. Before you said, "not of my doing, but of his doing". Then in this post you said "whatever my intentions, thoughts, words or deeds". It sounds like your thoughts and deeds are His doing and not yours. Is that right? If so, do you have choice?

Truster

This still didn't clear it up for me. Before you said, "not of my doing, but of his doing". Then in this post you said "whatever my intentions, thoughts, words or deeds". It sounds like your thoughts and deeds are His doing and not yours. Is that right? If so, do you have choice?

I have no choice and no free will. I'm pleased to say.

glorydaz

Yes.

Could you please point me to some passages that help you make this distinction.

The best passage would be this...

Gal. 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.​

Man can fake love, joy, peace, meeknes.....but those are merely plastic fruits that have no life in them. Those are performed through man's own efforts. We see that all the time...of the flesh.

The genuine article (meekness, love, etc.) is the Spirit's, not ours or performed by us. The Spirit performs His work in and through us.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

turbosixx

The best passage would be this...

Gal. 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.​

Man can fake love, joy, peace, meeknes.....but those are merely plastic fruits that have no life in them. Those are performed through man's own efforts. We see that all the time...of the flesh.

The genuine article (meekness, love, etc.) is the Spirit's, not ours or performed by us. The Spirit performs His work in and through us.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

So are you saying a non-Christian cannot love, meekness, ect. ?