Nuking Mecca - Reasonable Course Of Action Or Bat Crazy Far Right...

chair

they're the guys doing this five times a day:

Ah . Easy. What about the women? What about men who don't pray daily? Or those who pray privately?

Have you thought about what kind of law you'd need to do that? Would that fit in with the Constitution (assuming you are in the US)? And why just Muslims?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ah . Easy. What about the women? What about men who don't pray daily? Or those who pray privately?

Have you thought about what kind of law you'd need to do that? Would that fit in with the Constitution (assuming you are in the US)? And why just Muslims?

the guys praying five times a day is a good place to start :thumb:

their families can go with them

chair

the guys praying five times a day is a good place to start :thumb:

their families can go with them

Here are some questions. I've numbered them for your convenience.

Let's think this out. There are over 400 Mosques in London. Let's take a busy Friday morning in the Mosques. If you clear them out one at a time, you'll manage to clear out only one- the others will be empty by the time you get to them. So you need 400 raiding teams, including buses for all those Muslims. And this is just for London.

1. How you are going to round up their families I don't know. Any suggestions?

If you round them all up at once, before they get a chance to go underground, then you are talking in the range of 650,000 people that you have to grab for deportation, all within less than an hour (This is being generous- you'll be lucky to get ten minutes before the word has spread). This will take about 13,000 buses, and you'll need pretty big forces at each Mosque, say at least 50 for each- 20,000 policemen or soldiers.

2. Then you need to send them somewhere. Where? How?
3. How much force are you willing to use? Will you shoot people who refuse to get on the buses?
4. How are you going to pull this off without converting Britain into a dictatorship?
5. Do you want to live in a country that does this kind of thing?
6. Why limit it to Muslims? What about gays, Jews, Catholics...

When you are all done, chances are likely that you will have rounded up 650,000 innocent people, while the dangerous extremists remain hidden.

7. Do you have an idea of who you sound like with these ideas?

chair

i don't live in london :idunno:

Ah, I thought you were at least recommending this to our British freinds. Well , take my discussion and apply it to whatever country you live in. Want to clear all the Muslims out of the US of A? over 3 million. Do the math on what such a project would entail. And what would that mean legally.

chair

yes, they would be wise to remove all mooslims from their country

i don't expect them to act wisely

You are evading my questions.
The bottom line is that such a course of action is impractical, likely to leave the extremists inside the country, and would turn the country into the worst sort of regime.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
None of the Church's wasted adversaries left in her wake, all the dead false religions and dead/now-mythologized paganisms, involved violence against the pagans, we always destroyed the false faiths through hearts and minds, through preaching the Gospel. :) In the process, violence was perpetrated against the Church, not the other way around. :(

ok doser

You are evading my questions.
The bottom line is that such a course of action is impractical, likely to leave the extremists inside the country, and would turn the country into the worst sort of regime.

so what's your solution?

DavidK

Did nuking Japan cause our nation to be an irradiated cinder? We have missiles that destroy nukes in the air before they hit the US. We can't be touched

Your understanding of how much the missile defense system can do is far different from mine. It's my understanding that we have the capability of intercepting a limited strike. A significant launch would not be stoppable with our current tech.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
who would make a significant launch against us?
A long enough range ICBM with multiple warheads fired from the Middle East could devastate every city from Moncton in Canada, down to Washington D.C., including Boston, the Providence outskirts, New York, and Philadelphia.

That'd be pretty significant.

chair

None of the Church's wasted adversaries left in her wake, all the dead false religions and dead/now-mythologized paganisms, involved violence against the pagans, we always destroyed the false faiths through hearts and minds, through preaching the Gospel. :) In the process, violence was perpetrated against the Church, not the other way around. :(

Time to read up on history.

ok doser

A long enough range ICBM with multiple warheads fired from the Middle East ....

the israelis are the only ones in the ME with nukes, and prolly don't have them mounted on mirved long range ICBMs

and why would the Israelis attack us for nuking mecca?

DavidK

Artie:

“There are communities where British Muslims are deliberately not assimilating, are being taught to hate British society, and this is incubating radicalism. There’s actually a parallel system of sharia law courts in the U.K. that operate.”

I'm part of a community of American Christians who are trying our best to disassimilate, teach that American society is corrupt and approaching its demise, and have the goal of being radical (in the true sense of the word, not it's conflation with "violent"). We try to deal with our disputes according to the model of scripture, rather than going to the law. Should I be deported?

who would make a significant launch against us?

China, Russia?

Is it really hard to imagine a strike on Mecca leading to activation of Pakistan, Israel and spiraling out to the nuclear powers? Look at how quickly things have gotten sketchy between the US and Russia over relatively small actions in Syria.

Part of what keeps a full on nuclear war happening is that everyone is expecting everyone else is staying well back from launching. Launch on one target, anywhere, and you've broken that assumption.

ok doser

China, Russia?

Is it really hard to imagine a strike on Mecca leading to activation of Pakistan, Israel and spiraling out to the nuclear powers? Look at how quickly things have gotten sketchy between the US and Russia over relatively small actions in Syria.

Part of what keeps a full on nuclear war happening is that everyone is expecting everyone else is staying well back from launching. Launch on one target, anywhere, and you've broken that assumption.

i don't buy it - any power with the ability to hit us would know that they'd suffer massively in retaliation from us

russia is the only country in the same league with us

and i can't see them risking moscow to avenge mecca

DavidK

i don't buy it - any power with the ability to hit us would know that they'd suffer massively in retaliation from us

russia is the only country in the same league with us

and i can't see them risking moscow to avenge mecca

I don't expect it'd be that direct of line. There'd be retaliatory targets that escalate up to that point.

And it doesn't actually take a launch on one side. Move enough nuclear capable subs around, and one side could read it as an impending launch they need to preempt before their capabilities to do so is gone.