ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
A "lawkeeper" is one who attempts to find salvation by keeping the old Covenant of Works ("Law). It is a wrong belief in the necessity of self-righteous earning of merit with God. I am not a legalistic lawkeeper.

I was justified (forgiven my sins) by God's grace alone, through His gift of faith, alone.

His Holy Spirit indwells my soul and now I repent of sin and desire to live a holy life, because my God is holy.

That is not "lawkeeping."

But you think to live morally, according to the Ten Commandments, is some kind of sin or lack of faith. This is error on your part.

The third use of the Law of God, is to guide believers away from sin. The Law is their moral protection.

Grace does not give any soul license to break or dismiss the moral laws of God. Christians are not free to worship idols or other gods, to carve images of heavenly realities, to take the name of God in vain, to neglect the Sabbath day, to dishonor parents, to murder or commit adultery or steal, to bear false witness against a neighbor, or to covet a neighbor's belongings.

Only Antinomians preach the strange and false gospel, that once a person decides they are saved by grace, they are free from responsibility for living a life reflecting the will of God expressed above in the Decalogue.

Reminder: Matthew 7:21-23

Reminder:

Here is Debbie Downer Nag's "The Gospel," ....

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell. Sinners only receive what they have earned. Men reap what they sow."-evil "woman" Nag

....which is not "good news," but bad news, condemning each, and everyone of us, with this subjective " lives his life wrongly," and quite inadequate, as no one, has repented of all their sins, as in "stopped committing all sins"(wrong biblical definition of "repent"-employed "for the sake of the argument")even if this were the "good news." It is not. The reason the Lord Jesus Christ died for my/our sins????????????

-Because each and every one of us, does "live his/her life wrongly," in what we do, and do not do, in how we think, and in how we do not think, because we "come short" in meeting the bar demanded by a holy LORD God-"100% compliance," and "the righteousness of God."

-"repenting of our sins," as in "stop sinning," is impossible, as we commit sins, that we do not even know we commit. Regardless, the statement denies that the Lord Jesus Christ died for them. The entire reason that He did die for every last one of them? Because we cannot/do not repent of them!

A 7 year old "gets" this; most alleged "Christians" do not.

Memorize: Christ died for our sins.

God's Truth

So you are a Catholic?

Do you believe that no one can be saved apart from Mary?

I am not Catholic. I preach much against the Catholic denomination. Musterion has been told many times that I am not Catholic. I do not think that he cares about the truth that he is told, he just wants to say whatever he can to defile another.

john w

Hall of Fame

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Reminder:

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell. Sinners only receive what they have earned. Men reap what they sow."-evil "woman" Nag

....which is not "good news," but bad news, condemning each, and everyone of us, with this subjective " lives his life wrongly," and quite inadequate, as no one, has repented of all their sins, as in "stopped committing all sins"(wrong biblical definition of "repent"-employed "for the sake of the argument")even if this were the "good news." It is not. The reason the Lord Jesus Christ died for my/our sins????????????

-Because each and every one of us, does "live his/her life wrongly," in what we do, and do not do, in how we think, and in how we do not think, because we "come short" in meeting the bar demanded by a holy LORD God-"100% compliance," and "the righteousness of God."

-"repenting of our sins," as in "stop sinning," is impossible, as we commit sins, that we do not even know we commit. Regardless, the statement denies that the Lord Jesus Christ died for them. The entire reason that He did die for every last one of them? Because we cannot/do not repent of them!

This is Antinomian error and a strange message . . . :down:

God's Truth

Do you agree or not? The coming of the Lord required Mary's consent, yes or no.

Again, prove with scripture that Mary agreed BEFORE she was told she would be with child.

You said she had to agree or what?

She was told she would be with CHILD and did not first consent.

God's Truth

Matthew 1:18This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

22All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

24When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

These scriptures prove that the Catholics teach falseness when they say Mary was a perpetual virgin.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Again, prove with scripture that Mary agreed BEFORE she was told she would be with child.

You said she had to agree or what?

She was told she would be with CHILD and did not first consent.
You're suggesting, you snake, that Luke 1:31 (KJV) would have happened to her, even if she did not consent (Lk1:38KJV)? You filthy, filthy rat.

God's Truth

You're suggesting, you snake, that Luke 1:31 (KJV) would have happened to her, even if she did not consent (Lk1:38KJV)? You filthy, filthy rat.

I am glad that a righteous person has reported your abusive language.

As for Mary giving God consent...UNBELIEVABLE! How do you ever get that one would need to give God consent to do anything?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I am glad that a righteous person has reported your abusive language.

As for Mary giving God consent...UNBELIEVABLE! How do you ever get that one would need to give God consent to do anything?
My abusive language?

Huh.

Anyway, please confess that you believe that, had Mary declined the Angel's proposition, that the Holy Spirit would have gone ahead anyway and impregnated her.

Go ahead now. Come on. Do it. Do it now, you vile scum of the earth. Evil user account.

God's Truth

My abusive language?

Huh.

Anyway, please confess that you believe that, had Mary declined the Angel's proposition, that the Holy Spirit would have gone ahead anyway and impregnated her.

Go ahead now. Come on. Do it. Do it now, you vile scum of the earth. Evil user account.

I would not give an answer to that evil question. It is not right to say God needs our consent for anything ever.

musterion

Reminder:

[MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] , this is what I mean.

Reactions: Lon

Nang

TOL Subscriber
My abusive language?

Huh.

You not only show yourself vile to GT, but you blaspheme the sovereignty of God.

No creature on this earth, including Mary, could have prevented God the Son from assuming human flesh in the womb of woman, in order to redeem His people, as covenanted in the Godhead from eternity.

So stop your stupid argument and wicked name calling.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I would not give an answer to that evil question. It is not right to say God needs our consent for anything ever.
"It is not right to say God needs a lady's consent before the Holy Spirit impregnates her," is what you agree with, correct? Yes or no.

Answer it.

Evil user account.

Status
Not open for further replies.