ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Your minds have been so focused on blending that you cannot see the things that God has made different, for his own purposes, and for his glory.

"Blending?" It would be interesting to know how you come up with that description of my historical and global view of reality . . unless you accuse me of being too preoccupied with making margaritas!

Of course God has created many things to be different, but His Everlasting Covenant and Gospel promise of redemption, is singular and the same, down through the ages.

SaulToPaul 2

"Blending?" It would be interesting to know how you come up with that description of my historical and global view of reality . . unless you accuse me of being too preoccupied with making margaritas!

Of course God has created many things to be different, but His Everlasting Covenant and Gospel promise of redemption, is singular and the same, down through the ages.

:chuckle:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely none.

Meshak considers all teachings of grace alone to be suspect . . .

Nang, OSAS and grace alone is not Calvin's teaching? And I know most protestants follow these doctrines.

I know MADs follow those doctrines too.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang, OSAS and grace alone is not Calvin's teaching?

OSAS is not Calvinistic. OSAS is antinomian (lawlessness). MAD and others think, once a soul is forgiven, any and all sinful acts are excused and one cannot lose their salvation, even if committing unrepentant sin. In fact, they believe repentance is a lack of faith and sinful in itself.

Reformers (Calvinists) believe that God alone saves according to grace, not works, and that this salvation is permanent and will be preserved unto everlasting life, according to the same saving/justifying grace of God (not works).

Evidence of this promise of everlasting life, is a sanctified life of obedience, produced by the same Holy Spirit of Christ that justified His people to start with.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
OSAS is not Calvinistic.

One of Baptists claimed it is.

rs (Calvinists) believe that God alone saves according to grace, not works, and that this salvation is permanent and will be preserved unto everlasting life, according to the same saving/justifying grace of God (not works).

So do madists.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
One of Baptists claimed it is.

A lot of people get OSAS confused with the Reformed doctrine of "Preservation of the Saints."

Two different doctrines of belief.

The Arminian (OSAS) believes grace gives free license to sin and practice of lawlessness, without consequence.

The Calvinist (PSOS) teaches permanent salvation via sanctified obedience according to grace & provision from God.

Status
Not open for further replies.