No Longer A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Seeing as how this is halloween month, I figured I'd "dress up." That is all I am doing. This is not for the same reason On Fire is doing what he is doing. So I apologize if any offense was taken.

firechyld

I went to trouble of reading through everything I missed on this thread since I've been sick. Turns out, I didn't miss much. Except for that incredibly cool little smiley in the post lighthouse made above this one.... :)

wickwoman

Glad you mentioned it Firechlyd. It is awesome! I wouldn't have seen it otherwise since I've had Lighthouse on ignore for some time now.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

Seeing as how this is halloween month, I figured I'd "dress up." That is all I am doing. This is not for the same reason On Fire is doing what he is doing. So I apologize if any offense was taken.

"Dressing up"? I see. It struck me as more of a carbon-copy trick, myself.

Offended, no.

wickwoman

Originally posted by Zakath

I can't speak for granite, but I'm a Ph.D. and "doctor" does roughly translate as "wise guy". ;)

I'm glad to hear you say that because I was bad mouthing counselors on the Counseling thread. It was actually "Christian" counselors I was bad mouthing but I was wondering to myself what kind of counselor you were, hoping I wasn't offending you.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by wickwoman

I'm glad to hear you say that because I was bad mouthing counselors on the Counseling thread. It was actually "Christian" counselors I was bad mouthing but I was wondering to myself what kind of counselor you were, hoping I wasn't offending you.
No worries... :D

As an atheist, I think it can safely be said that while I was, at one time, a "Christian" counselor, I am no longer. ;)

wickwoman

As an atheist, I think it can safely be said that while I was, at one time, a "Christian" counselor, I am no longer. ;)

A PhD holds more weight than an MSW or a Masters of Theology, however, at least in my "professional" opinion. My healthplan requires one must first slit their wrist before they can see an actual doctor of psychology, I think. Not that I'VE ever needed to see a counselor, mind you, I just heard it was tough.;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by wickwoman

A PhD holds more weight than an MSW or a Masters of Theology, however, at least in my "professional" opinion. My healthplan requires one must first slit their wrist before they can see an actual doctor of psychology, I think. Not that I'VE ever needed to see a counselor, mind you, I just heard it was tough.;)
I've heard similar laments from others... I find it depends on the health plan.

Of course you'll probably find that many "Christian" counselors aren't expensive since they often have an ulterior motive behind their counseling, using it as a backdoor to evangelizing their counselees. They view the differential in their rates as "ministry" for their deity.

It's a particularly egregious problem with fundy Christians and Muslims.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by firechyld

I went to trouble of reading through everything I missed on this thread since I've been sick. Turns out, I didn't miss much. Except for that incredibly cool little smiley in the post lighthouse made above this one.... :)
I didn't make that. I was calling wickwoman queer.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

It's a good thing you used those quotes, or I would have had to remind you that you were never a Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.