NFL 2017

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On your list Emmitt Smith is not even on the top ten list or is not even given an honorable mention!

Jerry, why did your Cowboys get shellacked at Denver?

42-17??

View attachment 25941

In the above photo of former Ohio State running backs, one of the running backs gained 100 more yards than the other running back this past Sunday.

HINT: It wasn't the running back with a star on his helmet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On your list Emmitt Smith is not even on the top ten list or is not even given an honorable mention!

In Super Bowl XXX, Emmitt Smith gained 23 yards on his first carry(because Gregg Lloyd was held), then gained 26 yards on his next 17 carries

With such mediocre stats (1.53 yards per carry), in such a big game, why would anyone include Emmitt Smith in their Top 10?

To this day, the Steeler's Franco Harris still has the most rushing yards in Super Bowl history. Not to mention being on the receiving end of the greatest play in NFL history, and beating the Cowboys twice in two Super Bowls.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I didn't bother checking if this was common knowledge:

While Tom Brady's performance hasn't dropped off since deflategate (I think it's the opposite), 'turns out NE placekicker Steve Gostkowski's performance has. :think:

Jerry Shugart

Record against the spread:

5-0

At Philadelphia -6
NY Giants

This will be the third week in a roll where I have bet against the Giants and I won the first two times. I take the Eagles and give the points. I don't think that the Giants have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this game or even staying within six points.

At this point in time I think that the Eagles are the favorite to win the NFC East. But last year they were flying high early before a rapid descent into mediocrity.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The NFL is suffering from low ratings now, I rarely watch a whole game myself. I wonder how much it has to do with bozos like Kaepernick. That would be too bad if players salaries started going down instead of up.

Patriotic players must keep silent lest they be accused of hate speech.

beloved57

My Falcons Offense looked better last week against Green Bay. The Defense was solid, however they played soft when they had the big lead, I fault the defensive coordinator for that. We have to learn to stay stout on D even with a big lead !

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The NFL is suffering from low ratings now, I rarely watch a whole game myself. I wonder how much it has to do with bozos like Kaepernick. That would be too bad if players salaries started going down instead of up.

Trump just threw gasoline on the fire.

I predict more black players will kneel, more empty seats, and even lower TV ratings.

And....don't even get me started on Stephanie Curry.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The NFL is bowing to the left. I'm done watching what little I did before this. I'm glad baseball isn't controlled by whiny "persecuted" Black thugs.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I'm done liking black peoples too. Maybe pastor manning is right? They're too stupid to coexist in a civilized society 70 % are according to manning. Look at Bennet when he speaks. His head bobbles around.. now I understand why he ran, he's a simpleton. Hahahaha I like playing football I don't get jollies watching football. No big loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeke

Yea it sucks police can't kill black folks without a bunch of cry babies playing the race card.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yea it sucks police can't kill black folks without a bunch of cry babies playing the race card.
Is that what you think Police do? It's not the black thugs resisting and brandishing weapons, selling crack and heroin, stealing cars and killing each other? They are innocent helpless victims that did no wrong? More whites are killed by Police than blacks, don't be ignorant.

Zeke

Is that what you think Police do? It's not the black thugs resisting and brandishing weapons, selling crack and heroin, stealing cars and killing each other? They are innocent helpless victims that did no wrong? More whites are killed by Police than blacks, don't be ignorant.

Not all but it certainly happens and has happened, your in denial.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Colin Kappernick goes down as a hero; who would have thunk it.

I guess "TB-12" had a good passer/efficiency rating day, with five TD's. But the concern, as a homer, is not that the NE offense scored that many points on one of the best defenses in the NFL today, it's that NE's defense gave up that many points to a passer who really is not that good. That passer's passer rating belied the concern of Pats Nation today; this week. He didn't play that well; the Pats D laid an egg. This is just another reason that passer rating is seriously questionable as a reliable metric to compare passer performances, especially across generations.

If defenses are bad, then passer ratings look better than they should, and for a metric that purports to be a measure of the passer's individual contribution to the team's performance, the Houston passer looks like he was a huge contributor to Houston's effort today, but in fact that rating is the Pats defensive rating today, and the higher that number, the worse they played, and they played poorly today.