NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:BRAVO:Go Vikings!

Oops,I mean Falcons.
They've certainly earned the right to be taken seriously as anyone...the problem with Atlanta is it's just not a sports town. I mean it's got a lot of sports going on but it's like LA, you have to win to get their attention. It's not New York or Boston in terms of fan attitude. So there's no real, palpable angst when they aren't winning. Hawks aren't in the playoffs? No kidding? Braves in a slump. Well, maybe I can get a few bucks for my tickets. That sort of thing. So even though they've been around a while now, you don't feel much excitement from them in the outlying. Maybe this could be the year to change attitudes. :idunno:

Eagles Wings

They've certainly earned the right to be taken seriously as anyone...the problem with Atlanta is it's just not a sports town. I mean it's got a lot of sports going on but it's like LA, you have to win to get their attention. It's not New York or Boston in terms of fan attitude. So there's no real, palpable angst when they aren't winning. Hawks aren't in the playoffs? No kidding? Braves in a slump. Well, maybe I can get a few bucks for my tickets. That sort of thing. So even though they've been around a while now, you don't feel much excitement from them in the outlying. Maybe this could be the year to change attitudes. :idunno:
Interesting. For Minnesotans, it's anyone but Greenbay. Rodgers is incredible though.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the problem with Atlanta is it's just not a sports town.

That's because the city has 1 major championship.

The Falcons have never won a championship since their first year in 1966.

The Hawks have never won a championship since moving to Atlanta from St. Louis in 1968

The Braves managed to win 1 World Series since moving to Atlanta from Milwaukee in 1966.

The Atlanta Flames played in Atlanta from 1972 - 1980, and didn't win a championship (they have won 4 Stanley Cups since moving to Calgary)

So, that's ONE major championship despite having three major sports teams (four major sports teams for 8 years).

Even Cleveland has a better history.

During the same time span (1966- present), Pittsburgh has 12 major championships, despite having less teams.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Aikman says "Green Bay finally makes a defensive stop" forgets to mention that an Atlanta mix up on offense led to a center snap that went on the ground. So...more of a gets a stop than makes a stop.

Rodgers is getting hammered and the breaks keep going the other way. Going to take a lot for the Pack to climb out of this 17 point hole they're in with 2:37 left in the 2nd.

Jerry Shugart

If the Packers would have played this way against the Cowboys they never would have won.

In order to beat Dallas they had to make a 51 yard field goal and one of 56 yards. Today, they missed one of 42 yards.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If the Packers would have played this way against the Cowboys they never would have won.

In order to beat Dallas they had to make a 51 yard field goal and one of 56 yards. Today, they missed one of 42 yards.
It took your rookie too long to settle down and he almost led them back anyway, with every break seeming to go the Pack's way. You'd have won with Romo. Ryan came in seasoned and capitalized on that and it put the pressure on GB. Wrs on both sides are making uncharacteristic drops, but overall Atlanta is playing their game and GB can't get into their rhythm.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Early in the third and it's over. I didnt expect Green Bay to melt down with these dropped passes and turnovers. Then again, Dallas was not themselves last week.

Then again, I didn't expect Buffalo, stacked with talent to melt down in those 4 Super Bowls. Or Dan Reeves' defenses to melt down in the Super Bowl. Well, maybe when Eugene Robinson got caught chasing whores it was easy for Shanahan to dismantle that unit.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Julio Jones may be the best NFL player to ever come from Alabama U who wasn't a QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which "B" is going to shine tonight?

Ben
Brady
Bell
Brown
Belichick

???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Julio Jones may be the best NFL player to ever come from Alabama U who wasn't a QB

I read on an Ohio State blog how he is one of 22 players the Browns did not draft when available, in the last 15 years that are stars. He is elite talent, no doubt.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Same story we saw with Green Bay. Poor execution, dropped balls and a team out of sync playing a team that looked ready. I was comfortable with the spread and the outside on a bigger than 10 pt win for NE wasn't statistically unlikely (if not the most likely outcome) but I think Bell going down early took some wind out of their sails. And the near TD that became a fg. Just that sort of day for the Steelers and Green Bay.

So the line opens at -6 for the Patriots and -4 for Atlanta. I'm betting the line for New England is going to move upward, but as it stands I'd jump on it and lay the points on Atlanta too, if more nervously. :noid:

GB 31
Atl 37

Pit 19
NE 27

I was surprised the line stayed that low on the Patriots coronation. My next likely on the game was 17 - 34. I didn't have an over 24 pt outcome for the Steelers and I didn' t have an outcome where the Pats scored fewer than 27.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The good part of no vested interest in bad games is that I still enjoy football, especially with my friend Rocky Patel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well....that sucked.

I don't know how to explain, or describe how the Patriots have dominated the Steelers since 2001.

Since 2001, it always seems like everything that can go wrong, goes wrong for the Steelers, and everything that can go right for the Patriots goes right.

It's mind boggling.

The fire alarm, Bell getting hurt right off the bat, the Brady fumble that wasn't called, the missed extra point, the TD that was overturned and placed at the 1 foot line, the dropped passes, etc.

On the other hand, a WR I never heard of named Hogan plays better than Gronk, a successful flea-flicker for a TD, etc.

I get that the Patriots are the better team, I just don't get how everything always goes their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.