NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Kraft is tight with the rest of the owners, Al Davis was hated. You mean that part? Also, Ty Law was the real MVP of that game.
I meant that having most of their first four games at home and half of them against beatable opponents, even with the qb handicap, felt like a gift to offset a little of the sting. I think Kraft is universally well liked, but that his coach and qb are another matter and a lot of those "friends" in the ownership still wanted to see the Pats slapped hard for getting away with, at best, working the margins, for so long. At worst, cheating.

Didn't mean to discount Law's game, just noting the two who are doing most of the grousing were out performed in that game.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So the week is on. Game one in the books.

I wrote:
1. Car @ Den: the Super Bowl rematch, sans a few important pieces, has the line favoring the Panthers by 3...The money is running toward Carolina (betters) at that margin like kids for Koolaid, 80/20. I'm going to take the upset here. I haven't set my book yet, so I can't call a score, but Carolina was embarrassed, Denver has lost important pieces. It should be the Panthers perfect storm of revenge...Just a feel thing here.

Call: Denver in the upset. Maybe Carolina by one. :eek:
So my thoughts of a very close game with Denver upsetting or at least upsetting the line came true. And just like that it's 1-0 :D

Meanwhile, on a sadder note...
Let's talk about Denver for a bit. They lost Peyton but their depth chart is still terrifying. With folks like Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders and CJ Anderson; Trevor Siemian will have some options. With that said, the main offensive squad that made Carolina so vicious is still in tact.

Panthers will get their revenge by 6.
Not this year (or at least not in this game) but a good game to start the season. Up 17-7 at the half, Carolina couldn't put them away and Denver found composure and the end zone two times, to take the lead in the 4th. Three points in a half just isn't getting it done, Carolina.

Quetzal

So the week is on. Game one in the books.

Not this year (or at least not in this game) but a good game to start the season. Up 17-7 at the half, Carolina couldn't put them away and Denver found composure and the end zone two times, to take the lead in the 4th. Three points in a half just isn't getting it done, Carolina.
You know, I was really looking for more out of the Carolina offense with Benjamin back in the lineup. While he did have an outstanding game with 91 yards and a touchdown, it wasn't enough. The Denver defense gave Cam Newton no quarter last night as they harassed him from start to finish. Siemian, on the other hand, made some mistakes but I was impressed with his composure and his ability to move the ball down field. As a C.J. Anderson owner in one of my leagues this year, it was the silver lining to this game despite starting the season 0-1. :smack:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am done with the NFL until Kapernick, Brandon Marshall, the 4 Rams players last year, Jeremy Lane, and potentially all Seattle players are cut from their rosters for protesting those that pay them.

Go straight to hell.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am done with the NFL until Kapernick, Brandon Marshall, the 4 Rams players last year, Jeremy Lane, and potentially all Seattle players are cut from their rosters for protesting those that pay them.

Go straight to hell.
Don't blame the league for them any more than you blame the first amendment for whatever either candidate for the White House have to say.

That said, I like what the team USA hockey coach had to say about it. Did you catch it? In essence, anyone who sits through the anthem can get comfortable, because they'll be sitting for the rest of the game. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The league has strict player conduct policy. But they are letting race baiting racist liberal black democrats make political speech where there is to be none. NFL sponsors will feel it too.

Quetzal

Related:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...AAiE61b?OCID=ansmsnsports11&OCID=ansmsnnews11

The Seahawks' Cliff Avril and Doug Baldwin told reporters Wednesday that they're contemplating joining teammate Jeremy Lane and 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick in their national anthem protest.
In fact, Seattle's Bobby Wagner says the team has been talking about some sort of group action before Sunday's 4:05 p.m. ET game against the Dolphins at CenturyLink Field, the Seattle Times reported.

Although Wagner said he didn’t know if he would sit down during the anthem he said, “anything we want to do, it’s not going to be individual. It’s going to be a team thing. That’s what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals.”

“Whatever we decide to do will be a big surprise,” Wagner said, though he wouldn’t say precisely what the team might do.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That was a great game last night. Both teams played good and both teams made mistakes. All in all it was a fun season opener. At half I wasn't too confident about coming back against Carolina's tough defense but some how we found a way. That game felt a lot like like season.

Quetzal

That was a great game last night. Both teams played good and both teams made mistakes. All in all it was a fun season opener. At half I wasn't too confident about coming back against Carolina's tough defense but some how we found a way. That game felt a lot like like season.
What did you think of Siemian's debut?

Quetzal

Bad news continues for Pat fans as Gronk has officially been ruled out against the Cardinals in the season opener. The line might fluctuate to reflect the change but my choice is locked in.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The good news was that both teams have great defenses and both were held to just a hair over their regular season average from last year. Anderson managed 92 yds on 20 carries for a 4.6 average and a td. That's encouraging. Cam put up more yards and a better qbr than in the Super Bowl, but not by much, while Denver's offense in sum looked marginally improved. There was better play from the qb position, but it was still woeful and I'm wondering if that will see Denver give you know who a shot at some playing time against a less than imposing Colts defense. :think:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
On 9/11, of all days, there were some who wanted to dictate what’s “appropriate” when it comes to respecting this country. Who decided symbols are more important than what they actually represent.
On this day, of all days, there were those who would rather make a mockery of our freedom by insisting we all act and think as one than allow people to actually exercise our most cherished rights.
On this day, of all days.
For those indignant that Marcus Peters raised a fist and four Miami Dolphins took a knee for the national anthem on what has become our most somber day, for those who have railed against Colin Kaepernick these past two weeks, remember this: the terrorists behind 9/11 tried to do by violence what some Americans would now do by shame.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
On 9/11, of all days, there were some who wanted to dictate what’s “appropriate” when it comes to respecting this country. Who decided symbols are more important than what they actually represent.
On this day, of all days, there were those who would rather make a mockery of our freedom by insisting we all act and think as one than allow people to actually exercise our most cherished rights.
On this day, of all days.
For those indignant that Marcus Peters raised a fist and four Miami Dolphins took a knee for the national anthem on what has become our most somber day, for those who have railed against Colin Kaepernick these past two weeks, remember this: the terrorists behind 9/11 tried to do by violence what some Americans would now do by shame.
I'd fire anyone who protested today. I wouldn't want them to represent my organization. That's the thing about free speech, it doesn't necessarily come free of consequence.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The good news was that both teams have great defenses and both were held to just a hair over their regular season average from last year. Anderson managed 92 yds on 20 carries for a 4.6 average and a td. That's encouraging. Cam put up more yards and a better qbr than in the Super Bowl, but not by much, while Denver's offense in sum looked marginally improved. There was better play from the qb position, but it was still woeful and I'm wondering if that will see Denver give you know who a shot at some playing time against a less than imposing Colts defense. :think:
Who is you know who?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Who is you know who?
Number two. The guy who tries harder. :eek:

Well, I'm having a good day so far, which considering I went into prognostications without an operating model, means I'm feeling good about the effort. I lost the Bengals and Packer games by a half point per, the KC by 1.5 and blew it supporting my Colts and Seattle. Otherwise, on the money. :chuckle:

I've won 8 going into tonight and tomorrow and am currently ranked in the 95.1 percentile in ESPN's Pigskin Pick'em contest. Here's hoping for 3 more wins. by Monday night. :thumb:

Toward mid-week I'll release and eventually compare my power rankings going into week 2. :cheers:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Number two. The guy who tries harder. :eek:

Well, I'm having a good day so far, which considering I went into prognostications without an operating model, means I'm feeling good about the effort. I lost the Bengals and Packer games by a half point per, the KC by 1.5 and blew it supporting my Colts and Seattle. Otherwise, on the money. :chuckle:

I've won 8 going into tonight and tomorrow and am currently ranked in the 95.1 percentile in ESPN's Pigskin Pick'em contest. Here's hoping for 3 more wins. by Monday night. :thumb:

Toward mid-week I'll release and eventually compare my power rankings going into week 2. :cheers:
Why do you like the Colts? Since childhood?

Status
Not open for further replies.