NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I still don't know to what the 12 were inflated. Something like 10, 10, 9....12.5. Since one was right and the other 11 were low. Nothing quite like trying to judge with withheld information.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I still don't know to what the 12 were inflated. Something like 10, 10, 9....12.5. Since one was right and the other 11 were low. Nothing quite like trying to judge with withheld information.

The NFL said the 11 balls were under inflated "about two pounds each".

Since 12.5 pounds is the minimum they can be inflated, that means the 11 balls were under inflated to "about" 10.5 pounds each.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't count out John Harbaugh and/or the Ravens.

Agreed. Harbaugh publicly denied tipping the Colts off and said if the kicking balls were soft in the divisional game it was due to the cold. But privately? Yep, I can definitely see him dropping a dime. He was infuriated after the game due to the ineligible receiver stunt Belichick pulled. I'm sure he wouldn't be above poisoning the well.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...we are talking about air in the football that did not affect the outcome
We're talking about cheating, taking an unfair advantage. Doesn't matter if the advantage mattered. Nixon was headed for a runaway victory at the polls back in the day. Then Watergate.
that is all we are talking about
so what is really bothering you?
I'm more bothered by Brady's denial than by the stupid edge they were reaching for in inclimate weather.

belichick keeps on winning
So does Brady. They're great. They'd have been great without this. And Nixon would have won without a Watergate break in. It isn't always the guys who don't need an edge who look for it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
See, I was hoping for more of a Hercule Poirot turn...and not the David Suchet Poirot, I'm talking a full blown, oddly fey Peter Ustinov Poirot....this just takes the wind out of my sails...or beneath my wings, or whatever.

Only because you're assuming the Pats did something untoward.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
relax
as rodgers would say
belichick will be there at the super bowl
brady will be his quarterback
all those paying to see the game want it that way
maybe the seahawks will embarrass them
that is all you can hope for now
maybe they will lose a draft pick
maybe belichick will be suspended next year
you would then see how brady does without belichick
and
that would be interesting

Caledvwlch

maybe they will lose a draft pick
maybe belichick will be suspended next year
you would then see how brady does without belichick
and
that would be interesting

Or none of those things will happen because the league won't find any evidence of anything, and reporters will continue to scream about "integrity," and the worst commissioner in the history of professional sports will have had a couple of weeks off from people noticing how terrible he is.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or none of those things will happen because the league won't find any evidence of anything,
You mean except for the dead body that was kept in a trunk on the Patriots side of the field?

and reporters will continue to scream about "integrity," and the worst commissioner in the history of professional sports will have had a couple of weeks off from people noticing how terrible he is.
When your job is to make rich people richer and you do that you don't really have to worry about job security.

Granite

Hall of Fame
What, eleven of 12 balls exclusively on one side of the field are underinflated for a quarterback who is on record with his preference for that very thing? :plain: Yeah, you could call that an assumption.

To quote Mr. Spock: I sympathize, TH. But I need evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.