NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree. When I said "For what?" I meant why risk this circus, considering the scrutiny they already get by virtue of the videotaping thing? I don't understand a cheater's mentality, so that probably answers my question.

Pretty much. I don't care that they deflated the ball a little bit. And that is all it is. But the rule says you can't.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Russel Wilson was a 2 star college recruit. I like pointing those things out.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
patriots_cheaters_graphic.jpg

patriots-cheater.jpg

cheaties.jpg

cheater.jpg

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
belichick has to cheat

he doesn't have real expensive players

brady gets 14 million
and
everyone else is less than 10 million
so
how does he win without star players?

he cheats
or
he gets a lot of good players that don't demand really high salaries
or
he is a real good coach

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
half the teams in the nfl have quarterbacks getting more than brady

some teams have wide receiver getting more than brady
some teams have running backs getting more than brady
some teams have linemen getting more than brady

is that cheating?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
belichick has to cheat
:plain:
half the teams in the nfl have quarterbacks getting more than brady
some teams have wide receiver getting more than brady
some teams have running backs getting more than brady
some teams have linemen getting more than brady

is that cheating?
No. It's the same thing the Pats could do if they wanted. So New England is cheating itself on the one hand and everyone else, apparently, on the other.

A shame. I don't think they ever really had to, though it would have meant taking more chances and probably a ring less on those flashing fingers.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
:plain:

No. It's the same thing the Pats could do if they wanted. So New England is cheating itself on the one hand and everyone else, apparently, on the other.

A shame. I don't think they ever really had to, though it would have meant taking more chances and probably a ring less on those flashing fingers.

huh?
they are already winning more than anyone else
how do they do it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
huh?
they are already winning more than anyone else
how do they do it?
Apparently by cheating as often as they can get away with it. And I think it would likely have cost them one of their rings not to, but I think it was a poor trade. A great coach and a great qb. A legacy tarnished by this sort of nonsense...needless.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Apparently by cheating as often as they can get away with it. And I think it would likely have cost them one of their rings not to, but I think it was a poor trade. A great coach and a great qb. A legacy tarnished by this sort of nonsense...needless.

so why does a quarterback with three super bowl rings
and
six super bowl appearances settle for less than half the starting quarterbacks in the nfl?

maybe he just wants to go to disneyland

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so why does a quarterback with three super bowl rings
Which he might not have earned fairly and which were won by a fg per, essentially.

and
six super bowl appearances settle for less than half the starting quarterbacks in the nfl?
I think they play a sort of money ball in New England. Get a solid core of players, let those who turn into super stars go when they get too expensive, catch value/bargains in players at the edge of decline who want and figure the Pats give them a better chance at a ring.

It's one notion. Green Bay has nearly twice their cap space and pay Rogers a goodly sum. Is New England twice the team? I don't know anyone who would suggest that.

Seattle has spent a little less than New England (they're 14th, the Pats 15th).

Team with the least cap space? Washington.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
only you because that does not make any sense at all
Stop drinking beer at midday or limit your intake. There wasn't a thing complicated about the post. New England is middle of the pack in spending. Seattle spends a little less and therefore has a little more cap room (spending money with which to purchase contracts).

Status
Not open for further replies.