NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krsto

So we've had a couple pre-season games now. Maybe it's too early to tell, but does Seattle still have the #1 defense? Does Denver still have the #1 offense? If not them then who? Does Seattle have the #1 offense now? The Super Bowl's X-Factor (Percy Harvin) is now the Fear Factor. Unless he gets injured again, we're going to see a lot of him trailing defenders in his dust.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So we've had a couple pre-season games now. Maybe it's too early to tell, but does Seattle still have the #1 defense? Does Denver still have the #1 offense? If not them then who? Does Seattle have the #1 offense now? The Super Bowl's X-Factor (Percy Harvin) is now the Fear Factor. Unless he gets injured again, we're going to see a lot of him trailing defenders in his dust.
Seattle comes back a little to the pack. SF makes enough strides to make it a coin toss. New Orleans challenges and somebody will come out of the rich pack to make a move by mid season.

AFC...it's Denver with NE in waiting and...dinner bell. TBC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Last night on MNF, Johnny Manziel flipped his middle finger at the Redskins bench after an incompletion.

I'm sure it was because Johnny Football was just to upset at the opposing teams racist and bigoted name. :rotfl:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Last night on MNF, Johnny Manziel flipped his middle finger at the Redskins bench after an incompletion.

I'm sure it was because Johnny Football was just to upset at the opposing teams racist and bigoted name. :rotfl:

He's a rich spoiled brat who's gotten a pass his entire life.

Hopefully the league nails him with a fine. I can't tell you how much I really hate this guy.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Manziel needs to sit on the bench for a while. I really hope they start Hoyer to start the season.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Manziel needs to sit on the bench for a while. I really hope they start Hoyer to start the season.
Listening to some of his uncharacteristic comments I think he wants to. And it's a smart decision. Let Hoyer go out with this group and lose a few then come in when expectations are lower and they might have one of their play-makers back from suspension. At any rate, it would let him continue to get the playbook and move into the slot the way many really talented signal callers have done it.

Did anyone watch Colt quietly get a little revenge on the Browns? :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How do you get "revenge" on anyone in the preseason?
The only way you can when you're the back up. :) By demonstrating you can run an offense when you aren't being sabotaged by an incompetent staff.

Revenge on the Browns? That's a pretty funny question.
:chuckle:

What did he do......ask them how many Super Bowls they have been to?
:) Darn Elway. I'd have liked to have seen Kosar take a shot at the one in 86 or 87. He had the better team, but Elway made a couple of those ridiculous, impossible drives he could pull off... People forget how good Kosar was for a while there. Went for one stretch of 308 passes without an int.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So I read this morning that Hoyer's going to get the start. Can't say I'm surprised. If Manziel's shown any kind of leadership qualities he's done a good job hiding them.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So I read this morning that Hoyer's going to get the start. Can't say I'm surprised. If Manziel's shown any kind of leadership qualities he's done a good job hiding them.
Funny call. If I had a guy who'd been in the league six years and he was battling to stave off a rookie I start the rookie and let him grow.

But that's Cleveland for you. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Funny call. If I had a guy who'd been in the league six years and he was battling to stave off a rookie I start the rookie and let him grow.

But that's Cleveland for you. :)

Manziel's immature, admitted he's not ready--and Dick LeBeau would decapitate him. If Johnny Entitlement's the future of the franchise I'm not throwing him to two divisional opponents within his first three starts (and a Rob Ryan defense is no picnic, either). Bodyguard the future of this...this alleged team.:):devil:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If Manziel's shown any kind of leadership qualities he's done a good job hiding them.

Now that Manziel's not going to be the starter, should Manziel's nickname be changed from "Johnny Football" to "Johnny Bench"?

62070-004-62D5E304.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
How about Johnny Finger? Or Johnny Suck, when he crashes and burns as I think he will?:think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Manziel's immature, admitted he's not ready--and Dick LeBeau would decapitate him.
I'd say he read the writing on a rather large wall. As for maturity and leadership, on a football field they don't always relate as they do in life.

Joe Namath anyone?

If Johnny Entitlement's the future of the franchise I'm not throwing him to two divisional opponents within his first three starts (and a Rob Ryan defense is no picnic, either). Bodyguard the future of this...this alleged team.:):devil:
I suspect that has a lot to do with both Johnny's posture and the front office posture. That's the reading most favorable for Brown's fans at any rate.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Today I was listening to the Dan LeBatard show but Bomani Jones was filling in. He was interviewing Michael Smith and they were talking about the new emphasis on fouls in the secondary. They were saying that if Peyton Manning hadn't gotten killed in last years SB then we wouldn't be seeing these changes. Just like the rules changed when the Pats manhandled Peyton's receivers in Indy. A 2nd Peyton rule. :chuckle:

:mock: Broncos

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Today I was listening to the Dan LeBatard show but Bomani Jones was filling in. He was interviewing Michael Smith and they were talking about the new emphasis on fouls in the secondary. They were saying that if Peyton Manning hadn't gotten killed in last years SB then we wouldn't be seeing these changes. Just like the rules changed when the Pats manhandled Peyton's receivers in Indy. A 2nd Peyton rule. :chuckle:

:mock: Broncos
You mean like the Brady, I mean tuck rule? :)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Today, Steeler's starting running back Le'Veon Bell was pulled over in his Camaro for driving under the influence of marijuana. Sitting in the passenger seat was backup running back LeGarrette Blount who also was smoking marijuana.

I think it's safe to say this presents a serious problem to the Steeler's backfield this season.

But most importantly, what are the fantasy implications from these arrests?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But most importantly, what are the fantasy implications from these arrests?

Players like them that are a part of actual team chemistry and all contribute usually are not big for fantasy points. At least not from what I have seen. You can have the best there is, and not accumulate points.

I'd say he read the writing on a rather large wall. As for maturity and leadership, on a football field they don't always relate as they do in life.

Joe Namath anyone?

He is a bum, and his accolades are politically given. Meaning it has nothing to do with what he did on the field, which was usually stink up the joint.

I am waiting to watch Manziel play. Somebody is going to crush him. I think they play Washington this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.