NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:plain: You should be ashamed of that.
Like THAT would be the straw... :plain:

:chuckle: Good effort on your guys' part today. I had it 22-21 in my model with SF prevailing. I think the Chiefs are still on the improving side of things. With your coach I'd expect year three to be the grooving year, but it's hard to knock you now.

Surprises? I thought the Giants have recovered faster than I thought they would...of course Atlanta on the road is a help. Pittsburgh looked anemic and I didn't expect that against Jacksonville. I had the Denver/Arizona showdown a much closer 27-21 affair. Peyton had other ideas.

Looks like the Bengals are reverting to form, though there's another half to play and the Pats weren't as bad as they looked. I was wondering if the combination of a road game against a highly motivated New England and having the singular undefeated mantle would be too much for them. I had it a toss up.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Like THAT would be the straw... :plain:
:chuckle:

:chuckle: Good effort on your guys' part today. I had it 22-21 in my model with SF prevailing. I think the Chiefs are still on the improving side of things. With your coach I'd expect year three to be the grooving year, but it's hard to knock you now.
Yeah. We had the lead going into the 4th but couldn't hold it, including giving up a fake punt. But it's hard to be too upset with a loss against a tough team in their stadium.

Surprises? I thought the Giants have recovered faster than I thought they would...of course Atlanta on the road is a help. Pittsburgh looked anemic and I didn't expect that against Jacksonville. I had the Denver/Arizona showdown a much closer 27-21 affair. Peyton had other ideas.

Looks like the Bengals are reverting to form, though there's another half to play and the Pats weren't as bad as they looked. I was wondering if the combination of a road game against a highly motivated New England and having the singular undefeated mantle would be too much for them. I had it a toss up.
Agreed on all accounts. Arizona could be in real trouble now that Stanton is hurt too.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think you're just yanking our chains now. :plain:
It was Buffalo that gave him away, wasn't it... :plain:

Odd. Everywhere I look I see pundits choosing Philadelphia in their top ten power ratings. I suppose the Giants will give us a better idea about that this weekend.

My top five are:

1. Denver: yeah, I know Seattle beat them, but it took overtime in the toughest stadium in the NFL, arguably. On a neutral field I have the Broncos a slim one point push favorite and a four point favorite in Denver.

2. Seattle: slipping back to the pack just enough to make a repeat NFC crown less than a done deal but getting it done and looking better on offense.

3. SD: solid defense and Rivers is playing the position as well as anyone this year. A gimme game in Oakland this week should barely qualify as a practice.

4. KC: extremely well coached and solid at every phase of the game. The AFC's dark horse along with the Chargers.

5. Cin: great at home and iffy on the road, though better than in previous years, the Dallas of the AFC, you just know they're going to let you down eventually and when it matters.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dallas plays at Seattle this Sunday.

If Dallas somehow wins, all of the sudden the Cowboys will be the NFC team everyone will be talking about.

They won't. Yeah, yeah, any given Sunday and all that...but this seems like exactly the kind of big stage game that's Romo's kryptonite.

Caledvwlch

They won't. Yeah, yeah, any given Sunday and all that...but this seems like exactly the kind of big stage game that's Romo's kryptonite.

I think Superman would be insulted at the insinuation that Romo has a "kryptonite," as if he's unstoppable at everything except high pressure games.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It was Buffalo that gave him away, wasn't it... :plain:

Odd. Everywhere I look I see pundits choosing Philadelphia in their top ten power ratings. I suppose the Giants will give us a better idea about that this weekend.

My top five are:

1. Denver: yeah, I know Seattle beat them, but it took overtime in the toughest stadium in the NFL, arguably. On a neutral field I have the Broncos a slim one point push favorite and a four point favorite in Denver.

2. Seattle: slipping back to the pack just enough to make a repeat NFC crown less than a done deal but getting it done and looking better on offense.

3. SD: solid defense and Rivers is playing the position as well as anyone this year. A gimme game in Oakland this week should barely qualify as a practice.

4. KC: extremely well coached and solid at every phase of the game. The AFC's dark horse along with the Chargers.

5. Cin: great at home and iffy on the road, though better than in previous years, the Dallas of the AFC, you just know they're going to let you down eventually and when it matters.

I'm happy to see you think that highly of KC. I'm still not sold but my hopes are moving back up slowly.

I hope Seattle crushes Dallas this week and then everyone who has started to jump on their bandwagon will jump right back off. :plain:

Caledvwlch

I'm happy to see you think that highly of KC. I'm still not sold but my hopes are moving back up slowly.

I hope Seattle crushes Dallas this week and then everyone who has started to jump on their bandwagon will jump right back off. :plain:

It's ridiculous how fast people forget how terrible the Cowboys are, in their essence. Rooting for the Cowboys is like rooting for Donald Trump.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had the Denver/Arizona showdown a much closer 27-21 affair. Peyton had other ideas.

If you look at the body of work in this early season, it is actually impressive considering their competition.

Indianapolis, KC, Seattle, and Arizona are all legitimate playoff teams and the OT road loss is the only loss. They are definitely better than last year.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you look at the body of work in this early season, it is actually impressive considering their competition.

Indianapolis, KC, Seattle, and Arizona are all legitimate playoff teams and the OT road loss is the only loss. They are definitely better than last year.
The qb question in Arz is the only reservation I have there. It's such a tough division that I think it will cost them too many games for a division shot and the wild card race won't be easy either.

Outside of the obligatory Seattle, I like KC best of the bunch you have there. Solid team and one of the best coaches in the business.

Indy...they're my guys and I love Luck, but I still think my Colts are a couple of years away, both for Luck to get settled in and for the talent level to be upgraded. He's like a young Elway now. Talented enough to get a team that isn't ready into a position where that becomes self evident and, like Elway, he can kill you one moment and his own team in the next.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Today was a pretty bad day for football. At least NE won. :idunno: And KC didn't lose since they were on a bye. :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Called the line right on: Colts, Patriots, Panthers, Browns, Broncos, Lions, Dolphins, Ravens, Cardinals and Eagles.

Missed on the Seahawks, Falcons, Charges and Titans.

So that's ten wins going into tonight and a pretty good week of prognosticating. I'm now at 99.2% in PigSkin Pick'em.

Hopefully the Niners will cover and put me at 11 wins on the week. Go San Fran! (at least for today)

Status
Not open for further replies.