NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Did anyone hear the report on the Ravens timeline and handling of the Rice situation? It looks like John Harbaugh was the only decent one in the bunch. Their owner, Bisciotti, looks like such a sleazeball.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Did anyone hear the report on the Ravens timeline and handling of the Rice situation? It looks like John Harbaugh was the only decent one in the bunch. Their owner, Bisciotti, looks like such a sleazeball.

Harbaugh's first response--if the ESPN report is true--was spot on: cut Rice immediately. Everyone else in that organization seems either clueless or really repulsive.

Also, and I hate to say this: If Rice did come clean to the Ravens, and they're calling him a liar now, that is genuinely uncalled for. It does seem (again, if ESPN's reporting is accurate) that Rice legitimately did own up to what he'd done. For Baltimore and Goodell to all play dumb and call Rice a liar doesn't make Rice look better, exactly, but it certainly makes the rest of the league seem even worse.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Harbaugh's first response--if the ESPN report is true--was spot on: cut Rice immediately. Everyone else in that organization seems either clueless or really repulsive.

Also, and I hate to say this: If Rice did come clean to the Ravens, and they're calling him a liar now, that is genuinely uncalled for. It does seem (again, if ESPN's reporting is accurate) that Rice legitimately did own up to what he'd done. For Baltimore and Goodell to all play dumb and call Rice a liar doesn't make Rice look better, exactly, but it certainly makes the rest of the league seem even worse.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when Rice's situation was handled so badly that he is starting to be an almost sympathetic figure. :doh: I think at least Newsome said that what Rice told them was the truth. Don't know if he's saying that though.

KC vs NE tomorrow night. :box:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yeah, it's pretty bad when Rice's situation was handled so badly that he is starting to be an almost sympathetic figure. :doh: I think at least Newsome said that what Rice told them was the truth. Don't know if he's saying that though.

KC vs NE tomorrow night. :box:

I think the Pats are gonna get massacred tomorrow night.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On Monday Night Football, Kansas City Chiefs free safety Husain Abdullah (a Muslim) was penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike activity after intercepting a Tom Brady pass and returning it for a touchdown, and then praying.

Today, the NFL said Abdullah (a Muslim) shouldn't have been penalized for praying.

Tim Tebow was never penalized for praying, nor has any other NFL player ever been penalized for praying.

Yet, Abdullah (a Muslim) was penalized for praying.

Can't believe the Progressive Liberals and the ACLU aren't going crazy over this one.

1412084300000-HUSAIN-ABDULLAH.JPG

shagster01

On Monday Night Football, Kansas City Chiefs free safety Husain Abdullah (a Muslim) was penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike activity after intercepting a Tom Brady pass and returning it for a touchdown, and then praying.

Today, the NFL said Abdullah (a Muslim) shouldn't have been penalized for praying.

Tim Tebow was never penalized for praying, nor has any other NFL player ever been penalized for praying.

Yet, Abdullah (a Muslim) was penalized for praying.

Can't believe the Progressive Liberals and the ACLU aren't going crazy over this one.

1412084300000-HUSAIN-ABDULLAH.JPG

He was penalized for sliding to the ground, according to the ref, not praying.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Missed calling a few upsets. I'm still at the ESPN Pigskin Pick'em business, faring ridiculously well against the line (called ten correctly last week and at 97.5% against the line so far this year overall) but straight up I should probably use a coin (47.7%). Go figure.

Missed on the Steelers, Falcons and Giants, but nailed the rest, including the Cowboy and New England upsets. :)

Just beginning my look at this week but I already don't like the Giants, Denver and Niners lines. Not sure the Pats will make theirs against a tough Bengals...but if they don't the season could really start unraveling for a perennial AFC favorite.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
my top five

cinc
ariz
balt
detr
sand
No Seattle or Denver? :rotfl:

The Bengals belong there, if they can continue to demonstrate they've gotten past their road woes. Arizona is a solid team but that division will be the sort that could beat any contender coming out of it into a less fearsome playoff beast.

I don't see that much separation in the teams that look to have real playoff potential this early. Seattle has fallen back to the pack, Denver is less offensively dynamic but more balanced and a better team than last year.

Are the Pats faltering or will they right their ship like GB did. Only if they can turn that offensive line around in short order and let Brady settle in. A lot more questions than answers this far into the season.

Are KC and Dallas as solid as they appear to be? :think:

A rough top five: Sea, Den, Cin, SD, Arz/Bal

Though the difference between Seattle and a team further down the list and in the top ten, like Dallas or Green Bay is only a fg at this point, statistically. Too early to really know what's going on, but I have around 14 teams currently with power rankings that indicate they're at playoff caliber and only Jacksonville too low to take seriously in the long game.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
my top five

cinc
ariz
balt
detr
sand
I can understand Cincy and possibly SD at this point.
Ariz has looked good but I would have concerns about their QB situation. I wouldn't put Baltimore or Detroit there.

Are KC and Dallas as solid as they appear to be? :think:
All their injuries worry me but we've looked good the past couple games, and even that loss to Denver wasn't too bad. This week in San Fran will be a good test.

Remove the /Bal and that's a pretty good list.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Remove the /Bal and that's a pretty good list.
You'll note I had the Arz/Bal hybrid. :eek: Or, past my first four it gets iffy. You noted the concern under center with Arz and Bal looks great, but it's early and I have Dallas, KC and a couple of others right there with them. Even my Colts can make a claim when we're feeling Lucky.

:plain: Well...

Besides the cover up and lies about Rice and other scandals I just can't watch 12 minutes of action in a 3.5 hour period with 2 hours of that being commercials.

Besides, I found out that the NFL is cruel to our homosexual brothers--always throwing fags on the field.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

You'll note I had the Arz/Bal hybrid. :eek: Or, past my first four it gets iffy. You noted the concern under center with Arz and Bal looks great, but it's early and I have Dallas, KC and a couple of others right there with them. Even my Colts can make a claim when we're feeling Lucky.

:plain: Well...

:plain: You should be ashamed of that.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.