NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Tom Brady, that's who.

Brady will be 38 before the 2015 season begins.

At best, Brady has one to three years left.

Brady was 13 for 15 in the 4th Qtr, for 124 yards and 2 TD's. That's why he was MVP, and solidified himself as either the greatest ever, or second greatest ever (next to Montana) depending on one's subjective opinion.

However, he's not getting any younger, and as we saw with Peyton Manning, there's a big drop off once a QB reaches 38.

So, Brady might get that 5th ring, but he only has 1-3 years left to do it, and when Brady is gone, unless the Patriots have a Steve Young in the waiting, their run in all likelihood will come to an end.

who knows when and how to retire?
favre didn't
montana didn't
peyton won't
brady might because he is a team player
he might hang around to mentor a younger quarterback
he might even be the backup
it would be interesting

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After seeing Doug Baldwin's "poop" dance on video for the first time last night, I feel even better about the outcome of the game.

Doug Baldwin & Richard Sherman are both Stanford grads. What does that say about Stanford?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
After seeing Doug Baldwin's "poop" dance on video for the first time last night, I feel even better about the outcome of the game.

Doug Baldwin & Richard Sherman are both Stanford grads. What does that say about Stanford?

what does it say about carroll?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Packers were 5 points away from 6 titles in 8 seasons.

That works both ways.

The Steelers were two injuries away from 6 titles in 8 years, and the Patriots were two ridiculous catches away from 5 titles in 7 years.

If you look back at the dynasties, the Steelers from the 70's have 9 players, and their head coach in the HOF.

None of the other dynasties come close, or will come close to having that many players in the HOF.

IMO, that's proof the Steelers of the 70's were the greatest team ever.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That works both ways.

The Steelers were two injuries away from 6 titles in 8 years, and the Patriots were two ridiculous catches away from 5 titles in 7 years.

If you look back at the dynasties, the Steelers from the 70's have 9 players, and their head coach in the HOF.

None of the other dynasties come close, or will come close to having that many players in the HOF.

IMO, that's proof the Steelers of the 70's were the greatest team ever.

not so
it has been argued that the best team does it without hof players

Granite

Hall of Fame
Granite, you're still the same ol' evil person you always were. You have no business lusting after another man's wife and you should have shame in your heart for doing so. But instead, your heart is a rock hard stone, and I just pray, for your sake, that one of these days you will see the light of day...just sayin'.

This is easily one of the most bizarre posts I've ever had directed my way. You might as well be from a different planet for any of the sense this makes.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Absolutely nothing. It does, however, speak to arrogance and a lack of control which I blame on the coaches.

And that brawl at the end? Classless. I don't remember us throwing a tantrum when the Giants had our number.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you have seen the butler play many times
but
have you seen the start of the play?
where he lined up?
near the sidelines opposite of the receiver
at the start of the play
he doesn't follow the receiver
he runs directly to the spot the receiver is running to

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And that brawl at the end? Classless.

Like I said, the more I learn about the Seahawks, the more comfortable I am with the outcome of the game.

Am I missing anything? Here is what I know of:

1) Crotch Grab
2) "I'm only here so I don't get fined" press conference
3) Richard Sherman mocking Darrell Revis during the middle of the game
4) "poop dance", which resulted in a 15 yard penalty
5) brawl at end of game

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
you have seen the butler play many times
but
have you seen the start of the play?
where he lined up?
near the sidelines opposite of the receiver
at the start of the play
he doesn't follow the receiver
he runs directly to the spot the receiver is running to

Yes, he knew exactly where the ball was going to be thrown to.

It's the exact same pick play Arizona ran in the Super Bowl (except on the other side of the field) that James Harrison intercepted.

Butler ran forward to make the pick, Harrison backed up to make the pick, but both players knew what was coming before the ball was snapped.

James Harrison intercepted Kurt Warner for 100 yards

If you watch the above play, even John Madden knew the pick play was coming. Madden tells you what Arizona is going to do before the snap.

I would rank both Butler's and Harrison's interceptions in the Top 10 plays of Super Bowl history. Al Michaels made the call on both plays.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Like I said, the more I learn about the Seahawks, the more comfortable I am with the outcome of the game.

Am I missing anything? Here is what I know of:

1) Crotch Grab
2) "I'm only here so I don't get fined" press conference
3) Richard Sherman mocking Darrell Revis during the middle of the game
4) "poop dance", which resulted in a 15 yard penalty
5) brawl at end of game

Which is weird since Carroll's not known for trash talk and Wilson's a total Boy Scout.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
not so
it has been argued that the best team does it without hof players
In an era where the best players aren't concentrated in any one team it's about team play, coaching and match ups, though with rare exception a top tier (at least relative to the competition) qb is necessary if you want the best chance to advance. The Pats were proof that if you don't mind winning games you could as easily lose a great qb/coach plus solid and well coached teammates is enough. That said, while this isn't the flashiest Pats team offensively it probably has the most talent it's ever had on both sides of the ball.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'm listening to mike and mike

butler said they ran that play in practice
and
he got beat

belichick came up to him
and
said, you have to make that play

shagster01

What about Brady's performance changed anyone's opinion about him? It was a pretty average day for Brady really. A few touchdowns. A few INTs.

He has an average day and becomes the greatest ever.

Granite

Hall of Fame
What about Brady's performance changed anyone's opinion about him? It was a pretty average day for Brady really. A few touchdowns. A few INTs.

He has an average day and becomes the greatest ever.

He was already in that discussion before he won his fourth ring.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
what does it say about carroll?

What does it say about Percy Harvin, whom Carroll had to get rid of? How much of a jerk is that guy that a coach like Carroll needs to get rid of the best athlete in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.