NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Wes Welker banned 4 games for the use of amphetamines.

:think:

Last I checked, concussions and speed don't go together real good.

These are crazy times in the NFL. If you physically hit Molly you get a 2 game suspension, but if you take Molly, you get a 4 game suspension.

Yeah, Molly at the Kentucky Derby...stay classy, Wes.

I really don't think his missing four games will slow Denver very much. These guys are so loaded they can afford to lose him and not miss a beat.

In other news, Jerry Jones clearly has never met publicity he didn't like.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah, Molly at the Kentucky Derby...stay classy, Wes.

But he did hand out $100 dollar bills after he won $50,000.00

"Popped a Molly, I'm bettin...wooooooooo"

Bmv3lURIQAAxZUs.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dallas just signed an admitted sodomizer. I hope they go 0-16, even though he will never see the field.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dallas just signed an admitted sodomizer. I hope they go 0-16, even though he will never see the field.

I don't think we'll be lucky enough to watch Dallas lose every game...and lousy as their defense is I think Sam's chances of playing are actually pretty good.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't think we'll be lucky enough to watch Dallas lose every game...and lousy as their defense is I think Sam's chances of playing are actually pretty good.
I think he could help a bad situation, but I'm hard pressed to see Dallas win eight, looking at their schedule.

Krsto

I appreciate it, but I only read in house arguments. It's a time thing. Speaking of, lost to free agency: CB Brandon Browner, DE Red Bryant, DE Chris Clemons, OT Breno Giacomini, S Chris Maragos, DT Clinton McDonald, WR Sidney Rice, WR Golden Tate, CB Walter Thurmond

That's a lot of talent to lose/ground to give up. It helps that SF's onion skin thin secondary took a hit. A lot of their success will depend on the play of Wilson, who disappeared late in the season by the time opponents had the makings of a book on him. The Hawks relied relied on a great running game and over the top defensive play. That defense will be thinner and likely less effective this year.

Don't get me wrong. So far they look like the favorite to return to the ultimate bowl game, but you only have to look back at that 85 Bears team to realize how a little attrition and fewer breaks can reduce an apparent dynasty to a single season juggernaut in short order.

The point of the article is that the teams that repeat are the teams that forget they won the SB and get right back to work. The ones who don't repeat are the ones who spend their off-season partying, being celebrities, etc. Those who repeat just want it more and the Seahawks got the hunger. We've been a championship deprived area since 1979 so the Hawks got a lot of makin' up to do for the fans.

I think their D is a little less than last year but their offence is looking a lot better. Lots of speed with the receivers. They are looking super hot this year. If Percy Harvin can keep from being injured he's going to be another OJ Look at that Son of a ***** Go Simpson. Everybody is intimidated when he's on the field. Not only are teams going to try to bottle up Marshawn Lynch but now they have to bottle up Harvin at the same time, which of course leaves room for our quarterbacks who love to run with the ball.

You mentioned attrition but the back office has been well noted for spotting good potential and this year's group of freshmen is looking really good.

I hear Coach is wanting Wilson to play less conservatively and really go for broke on the field. Should be an interesting season.

If I sound biased it's because I am. :jump::yoshi::cloud9:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The point of the article is that the teams that repeat are the teams that forget they won the SB and get right back to work. The ones who don't repeat are the ones who spend their off-season partying, being celebrities, etc. Those who repeat just want it more and the Seahawks got the hunger. We've been a championship deprived area since 1979 so the Hawks got a lot of makin' up to do for the fans.

I think their D is a little less than last year but their offence is looking a lot better. Lots of speed with the receivers. They are looking super hot this year. If Percy Harvin can keep from being injured he's going to be another OJ Look at that Son of a ***** Go Simpson. Everybody is intimidated when he's on the field. Not only are teams going to try to bottle up Marshawn Lynch but now they have to bottle up Harvin at the same time, which of course leaves room for our quarterbacks who love to run with the ball.

You mentioned attrition but the back office has been well noted for spotting good potential and this year's group of freshmen is looking really good.

I hear Coach is wanting Wilson to play less conservatively and really go for broke on the field. Should be an interesting season.

If I sound biased it's because I am. :jump::yoshi::cloud9:
Hey, go to. I like a fan who is passionate about his crew.

I think you took too many hits on defense and can't sustain what was a freakish level. Offensively your qb vanished late when the book was made on him. You can't let preseason give you false hope on that front. Your best bet is talent that can go and get the ball and his legs. Harvin can, if he stays healthy, give you some of that. Baldwin? Good compliment and then you're out of options and back to Lynch who has had too many carries over a short haul with Seattle and is on the historic bubble. Only five out of fourteen backs with as many carries in a three year span have managed it again in the fourth...and few of them were closer to thirty than twenty five. If his production does decline you're in a world of offensive trouble.

But who knows? Good luck and we'll see how it shakes out (go Colts). :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Green Bay goes to Seattle tonight where the Hawks are a 5.5 favorite.

:think: I can't pick against Seattle at home, especially given the concerns on OL by the Pack. I like the home team by a couple of tds.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Green Bay goes to Seattle tonight where the Hawks are a 5.5 favorite.

:think: I can't pick against Seattle at home, especially given the concerns on OL by the Pack. I like the home team by a couple of tds.

Umm....that'll be tomorrow. :chuckle:

Agree with your pick though.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Wes Welker banned 4 games for the use of amphetamines.

:think:

Last I checked, concussions and speed don't go together real good.

These are crazy times in the NFL. If you physically hit Molly you get a 2 game suspension, but if you take Molly, you get a 4 game suspension.

:mock: Broncos

:mock: Goodell :dunce:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:mock: Broncos

I predict the Broncos won't even make the playoffs this year.

Peyton's 38 years old. That's too old.

Of the 96 QB's that have started the 48 Super Bowls, only one was 38 years old (John Elway his last year).

Granite

Hall of Fame

Of the 96 QB's that have started the 48 Super Bowls, only one was 38 years old (John Elway his last year).

Oh, I think they get in, but I'm saying they get bounced in the divisional round. Same thing with the champs.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I predict you're going to look really, really goofy come playoff time. :)

Not the way he plays the position and with his skill set.

Right. And no one had done what Peyton did at any age last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.