Neg Rep CPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Or, he started crying and begging for mercy and the "biker gang" felt sorry for him?
Nonviolence is effective--but not easy.

For me it is essential that I connect my own humanity with what is human in the other person. Once you try on and start wearing the nonviolent armor of God you feel liberated to do anything you need to do in a situation. If you need the right words, they are provided for you. If you don’t know what to do, a way will be found for you. It is truly a miracle.

Knock at the door and it shall be opened.

This good Christian woman helped a school shooter admit his own humanity:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/22/us/georgia-school-shooting-hero/

There is a new film called “The Captive”--or maybe simply “Captive.”
It is one true story similar to many, many other similar stories when a woman is held hostage by a murderer in her own home and starts using nonviolence instead of fighting back or remaining passive.

http://www.christianfilmdatabase.com/review/captive/

In my studies of nonviolence, I have read many stories of woman who were visited by a violent criminal in the middle of the night and chose a human, nonviolent approach and ended up surviving and, in many cases, resulting in forgiveness from both sides and a positive outcome.

glorydaz

This is not me complaining, I'm simply following the thread and the OP is an accounting - CPA (even though nobody's counting). I am amused by the effort given to neg rep, when they could be pos reps for other deserving posters. Anyway, here's a recent snapshot of negs with a nice welcome back tonight, on this, the day of my daughter's . . wait -
INTOJOY'S Is a POS Rep -

PJ's SOF - And Rebuttal... October 31st, 2015 11:09 PM glorydaz .
PJ's SOF - And Rebuttal... October 31st, 2015 10:59 PM glorydaz .
PJ's SOF - And Rebuttal... October 31st, 2015 10:39 PM glorydaz
PJ's SOF - And Rebuttal... October 31st, 2015 10:35 PM glorydaz .
PJ's SOF - And Rebuttal... October 31st, 2015 10:29 PM glorydaz .
PJ's SOF - And Rebuttal... October 31st, 2015 10:26 PM glorydaz .
Neg Rep CPA October 31st, 2015 10:20 PM glorydaz .
Neg Rep CPA October 31st, 2015 10:00 PM glorydaz
Neg Rep CPA October 31st, 2015 09:52 PM intojoy
Neg Rep CPA October 27th, 2015 08:27 PM Grosnick Marowbe hi
Neg Rep CPA October 27th, 2015 07:45 PM Grosnick Marowbe hi
South Carolina Cop... October 27th, 2015 07:08 PM Grosnick Marowbe hi
Neg Rep CPA October 27th, 2015 07:03 PM glorydaz crybaby

Saying it does not make it so. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Anyone who runs from or denies the obviously different traditions and events that are all through the Bible means that my interpretation of your friend still stands.

Glorydaze, in my opinion, would rather sit back and insult or make immature taunts instead of taking Jesus at his word and engaging in an adult discussion.

S/he reveals an entirely different set of categories of truth or falsity to me than she does to you.

Viva la difference!

Which is about as real as your interpretation of the Bible. :chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only with your help :wazzup:

PJ, I am actually trying to help you here when I say this ...

The only person's actions and reactions you are capable of controlling are those of your own.

Though it's easier said than done, try to focus on something positive. Thanksgiving is almost here, and there is so much to be thankful for.

For all the sadness and loss that some of us deal with, it's still possible to pass on hope and good will towards others.

glorydaz

I am wrong many times each day.

Did you read my old exposition on Matthew’s version of the Lord’s Prayer and the relevant parable I posted?

If you have any trouble reading it or understanding it I will gladly go over it together and make it more simple. When I was a younger, more serious Christian I filled my online document programs with many serious interpretations using the actual context of the verses and passages.

Looking over it, I could easily make it much more simple.

My basic point is still there; but if you cannot understand it then there is something wrong with my syntax.

Try this and see if you can understand my point:

In the kingdom, forgiveness is reciprocal: individuals can have it only if they sponsor it.

Oh, I have no problem understanding the nonsense you're trying to foist off as truth. Your claiming it to be so, does not make it so. :chew:

glorydaz

Or, he started crying and begging for mercy and the "biker gang" felt sorry for him?

Maybe. I'm more inclined to think they thought he was an escapee from some insane asylum, and they decided to leave before the nuthouse guards arrived to drag him kicking and screaming back to his cell.

glorydaz

When someone demands you admit vulnerability, sensitivity, mistakes and other blunders but never EVER does so him/herself, it is pretty plain what is going on.

Who in the world demanded you be sensitive? They should be shot.... since you obviously went overboard. :shocked:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
PJ, I am actually trying to help you here when I say this ...

The only person's actions and reactions you are capable of controlling are those of your own.

Though it's easier said than done, try to focus on something positive. Thanksgiving is almost here, and there is so much to be thankful for.

For all the sadness and loss that some of us deal with, it's still possible to pass on hope and good will towards others.

Thank you, I'll take that advice

glorydaz

No doubt he'll soon get himself banned again.

Not soon enough. He was only back two minutes before he came after me like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. I couldn't stop laughing about how you guys didn't really want to hurt poor PJ's little feelings, but felt pressured by me to be mean. That boy has an imagination that would win him a prize if he could figure out how to keep his stories straight. ;)

He didn't say he was a cop...he said he was in law enforcement. :rotfl:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Not so fast. We are to do the actual forgiving.

The energy it takes to harbor anger, hatred, and resentment towards yourself is exhaustive. Petty gangsters are hardly ever aware of their keep feelings about themselves.

In any case, every bit of energy we give to negative activities and dwelling on regrets, robs us of the energy we need to become the person God wants us to be.

I see life in God's creation is full of choices and every choice we make will either take us in a positive, life-giving direction or rob us of the opportunity to be a life-giving individual.

Forgiving ourselves does not let us off the hook, it does not justify what we have done, and it is not a sign of weakness.

Forgiveness (of self and others) is a choice that takes courage and strength, and it gives us the opportunity to overcome rather than remaining a victim of our own scorn.

If you do not forgive yourself of past sins, it is a form of pride.

Whenever we enact a different set of rules, a higher set of standards for ourself over others, that is pride. When we can find it within ourself to forgive others, but not ourselves, we are saying that we are less capable of making a poor decision than others.

We begin to see ourselves as more intuitive, wiser, more insightful, more careful than others, and therefore, we are without excuse and should not forgive ourselves. When we reject the forgiveness extended to us by God and others, when we refuse to forgive ourselves, what we are doing is setting ourselves above others and that is pride!

Here is a cool article from a few years ago from Charisma Magazine:

http://www.charismamag.com/site-arc...salvation/9722-when-you-cant-forgive-yourself

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Matthew's version of the Lord's prayer ends with a very significant redaction by Matthew.

He says that if we do not forgive others, we will not be forgiven by the Heavenly Father.

The converse is also stated, that is, if we forgive others we will be forgiven.

Matthew's Christianity is a far cry from much of the easy "belief-based" faith that exists in the United States today. Matthew knows nothing of a forgiveness without repentance, a change of heart without a change of life, or a Christian who acts like an unbeliever. For him, how one acts shows who one really is.

For Matthew, forgiveness is reciprocal. That is one is forgiven on the basis of how one forgives others. The unforgiving person is the unforgiven person. It has also attempted to show that repentance must be prior to forgiveness. A person who will not repent of his wrongdoing, either against God or against another human being, shows that he is unforgiven.

Matthew does not indicate that forgiveness can only happen with a blood sacrifice from a God of jealousy and justice.

Does Matthew mean that one merits forgiveness as a result of forgiving others? It is tempting to fall back to all of the systematic theology on the forgiveness of God that is taught in the rest of the New Testament.

But this can't be done because we are focusing on Matthew's view of forgiveness.

However, because this is a post on Matthew's view of forgiveness.this cannot be done. The question stands: Does Matthew intend to say that one must forgive in order to merit the forgiveness of God?

In my view the question is easily answered by studying the Matthewen verson of the Parable of the Unthankful Servant.

This parable raises a number of questions, but in my view there is the question of context.

Why does Christ tell Peter to forgive an unlimited number of times (seventy times seven) and then tell a story about a king-who represents the Father--who only forgives once and then takes that forgiveness back?

Then there is the question of the taking back of forgiveness. How is it that the man is cleared of his debt and then this forgiveness is taken away? Does God give his forgiveness and then take it back?

Studies of the context and historical matrix of this parable brings up the question of the size of the debt and whether or not it would have been possible to owe this much money.

It's not really the point of the parable as I see it. The size of the debt is nearly equivalent to the national debt of today! It is not a mistake of Matthew but is probably (?) another one of Jesus's exaggerations that he expected his listeners to laugh at--especially after the man asks for more time to pay!

Once the real point of the parable is understood, many of these questions resolve themselves.

The point that Jesus is making with this story is that in the eschaton, if a disciple has not forgiven others, he will not be forgiven. Matthew's "Christianity" has much to do with how one acts. I see Jesus pointing out here that it matters very little what one might say, if they are not acting in a manner that is consistent with a forgiven person, they are not, and will not be forgiven.

Thus, final forgiveness, is yet to be obtained. That is why Jesus "sees no contradiction between the acts of the king and God's acts, and neither should we."

Clearly, for Matthew, merit and forgiveness are inextricably tied together. While it should be said that "God's forgiveness although it cannot be merited, must be received, and it cannot be received by those without the will to forgive others," it should also be said that Matthew's words are very strong, they should not be muted by our own preconceptions about what he ought to say based on our modern theological notions.

Salvation forgiveness is free. Foot washing forgiveness or family forgiveness for restoration is dependant on confession and that requires our forgiving of others. Self glory gazer does not think she sins anymore which is why the biblically illiteracy is true in that sense😃

glorydaz

Salvation forgiveness is free. Foot washing forgiveness or family forgiveness for restoration is dependant on confession and that requires our forgiving of others. Self glory gazer does not think she sins anymore which is why the biblically illiteracy is true in that sense��

Liar, I claim I am not under the law and sin is not accounted to me. If you're going to join the false accusers you should at least not pick something so obvious to lie about. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.